Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

You know you've made the correct decision when..

Wikiposts

You know you've made the correct decision when..

Old Jul 30th 2009, 6:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

livinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: You know you've made the correct decision when..

Originally Posted by The Flintstones
You take a trip back to the UK and;

- You feel like you've entered a country that has been frozen in time.
- Its summer there and the weather is worse.
- People seem to be lacking in energy, talk that way too.
- You realize the light is depressingly grey most the time.
- Family TV drama's seem strangely sinister and dark.
- War time housing gives the impression your in a 3rd world country.
- Your shock horror at the lack of care for trees and plants.
- A family members house gets burgled during your short stay.
- You can't wait to get back after just two days.
- Your back in Oz and its such a relieve!
And where exactly are you from Flintstones?Frozen in time?Yeah its called history,weather?we've had some gorgeous weather,raining this week but yeah would rather live with rain than worry the water is going to run out!People lacking in energy,and talking that way?Perhaps they were bored shitless listening to you singing the praises of Oz,Light?yeah can be grey sometimes but see earlier comment about rain,family tv drama's?Don't know about those because I have a life and don't watch hardly any tv,war time housing?Not where I live!I have gorgeous houses with beautiful gardens,tree's and plants?It looks stunning where I am,and shock horror,people take alot of pride in their garden?Burgled?I recall last year my Mum who lives in Adelaide,her neighbours were held at gunpoint and house burgled,can't wait to get back in 2 days?Another whinging pom left our shores,Bliss!Still relieved?Good for you!
Old Jul 30th 2009, 6:16 pm
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by livinginreality
And where exactly are you from Flintstones?Frozen in time?Yeah its called history,weather?we've had some gorgeous weather,raining this week but yeah would rather live with rain than worry the water is going to run out!People lacking in energy,and talking that way?Perhaps they were bored shitless listening to you singing the praises of Oz,Light?yeah can be grey sometimes but see earlier comment about rain,family tv drama's?Don't know about those because I have a life and don't watch hardly any tv,war time housing?Not where I live!I have gorgeous houses with beautiful gardens,tree's and plants?It looks stunning where I am,and shock horror,people take alot of pride in their garden?Burgled?I recall last year my Mum who lives in Adelaide,her neighbours were held at gunpoint and house burgled,can't wait to get back in 2 days?Another whinging pom left our shores,Bliss!Still relieved?Good for you!
So there
Old Jul 30th 2009, 6:42 pm
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Is this you?

An interesting link here
Old Jul 30th 2009, 7:05 pm
Random Member

Peepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to behold

That's a bit harsh. Not cool
Old Jul 30th 2009, 7:54 pm
Account Closed

Deancm is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Peepster
That's a bit harsh. Not cool
Actually I didn't think it was any different to the OP's post. Just the other side of the coin.
Old Jul 30th 2009, 7:56 pm
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Deancm
Actually I didn't think it was any different to the OP's post. Just the other side of the coin.
That's what I thought. Didn't like either post but who am I to talk with the crap I put up.
Old Jul 30th 2009, 7:57 pm

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kporte
That's what I thought. Didn't like either post but who am I to talk with the crap I put up.
Yeah, well said!
Old Jul 30th 2009, 8:18 pm
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kporte
A good point
Old Jul 30th 2009, 9:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

The Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud of

If this post gives a little extra confidence to those currently making the move, then so be it. Though it was based on truthful experience. Its not a review, I actually love the UK, think its a great country. Like any other post in this forum, you should take it as a pinch of salt. It was a negative list which had slight comical value and gave true awareness when compiled in a biased way. For those which never clicked on, its not meant to be taken too serious
Old Jul 30th 2009, 9:52 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Flintstones
If this post gives a little extra confidence to those currently making the move, then so be it. Though it was based on truthful experience. Its not a review, I actually love the UK, think its a great country. Like any other post in this forum, you should take it as a pinch of salt. It was a negative list which had slight comical value and gave true awareness when compiled in a biased way. For those which never clicked on, its not meant to be taken too serious
Haven't you heard? You're not allowed to say anything that casts the yookay in a bad light whether it's light-hearted or not! You are not entitled to your opinions either. Just so we're clear.
Old Jul 30th 2009, 9:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hutch
Haven't you heard? You're not allowed to say anything that casts the yookay in a bad light whether it's light-hearted or not! You are not entitled to your opinions either. Just so we're clear.
Old Jul 30th 2009, 9:58 pm
Account Closed

Deancm is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Hutch
And on the flip side...

...You're not allowed to say anything that casts Australia in a bad light whether it's light-hearted or not! You are not entitled to your opinions either. Just so we're clear.
Old Jul 30th 2009, 9:59 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Deancm
And on the flip side...

...You're not allowed to say anything that casts Australia in a bad light whether it's light-hearted or not! You are not entitled to your opinions either. Just so we're clear.
I was thinking the same thing.
Old Jul 30th 2009, 10:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

I just wish people would stop passing an opinion on wether or not you can pass an opinion!
My head hurts, I need a lie down or another drink!
Old Jul 30th 2009, 10:03 pm

Originally Posted by sallyclaire
I just wish people would stop passing an opinion on wether or not you can pass an opinion!
My head hurts, I need a lie down or another drink!
another drink usually works for me

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.