British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Barbie (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/)
-   -   you know your in Australia when........... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/you-know-your-australia-when-478451/)

rabsody Sep 4th 2007 1:21 pm

Re: you know your in Australia when...........

you have morning and afternoon tea! never eaten so many cakes since i've been here. :D

plus if you invite someone over for dinner (or are invited), nibblies with drinks are the norm upon arrival before going on to entree and main. i'm greedy, so i don't mind ;)

gedge Sep 4th 2007 1:27 pm

Originally Posted by rabsody (Post 5274600)
you have morning and afternoon tea! never eaten so many cakes since i've been here. :D

plus if you invite someone over for dinner (or are invited), nibblies with drinks are the norm upon arrival before going on to entree and main. i'm greedy, so i don't mind ;)

heck why can't i get invited to places like that?

esperanza Sep 4th 2007 1:32 pm

Originally Posted by rabsody (Post 5274600)

And if you have good mates then they will also bring a cheesecake for dessert..... :wub:

Fiona&malc Sep 4th 2007 1:34 pm

Originally Posted by gedge (Post 5274614)
heck why can't i get invited to places like that?

the flatulence problem you have probably doesnt help matters

gedge Sep 4th 2007 1:37 pm

Originally Posted by Fiona&malc (Post 5274624)
the flatulence problem you have probably doesnt help matters

i can't help the fact that you follow me everywhere

Fiona&malc Sep 4th 2007 1:44 pm

Originally Posted by gedge (Post 5274634)
i can't help the fact that you follow me everywhere

..with a big can of aerosol,
im trying to help you, and all i get is abuse...honestly dont know why i bother!

St.Georges Girl Sep 4th 2007 2:37 pm

Originally Posted by Issie (Post 5271660)
Oh Please....i am eating my tuna and red onion with hellmens Mayo sandwich....do you have to talk about such vile things :eek:

You know you're in Oz when.....you can't get Hellmans Mayo.;)

northernbird Sep 4th 2007 2:41 pm

Originally Posted by St.Georges Girl (Post 5274771)

:lol: Without a second mortgage at the english shop.

St.Georges Girl Sep 4th 2007 2:45 pm

Originally Posted by northernbird (Post 5274776)
:lol: Without a second mortgage at the english shop.

Hello you, how's life? Have they got Hellmans in now then?

northernbird Sep 4th 2007 2:49 pm

Originally Posted by St.Georges Girl (Post 5274781)
Hello you, how's life? Have they got Hellmans in now then?

life OK, renovating so up to my neck in dust! I bought some from there a while back. It was pricey, about $10 as I recall but we don't eat a lot of mayo so I don't mind buying the good stuff.

How about you, keeping your pecker up?

St.Georges Girl Sep 4th 2007 3:03 pm

Originally Posted by northernbird (Post 5274793)
life OK, renovating so up to my neck in dust! I bought some from there a while back. It was pricey, about $10 as I recall but we don't eat a lot of mayo so I don't mind buying the good stuff.

How about you, keeping your pecker up?

Good luck with the reno's, we've been doing quite abit of decorating and soon we will be knocking out the entire kitchen...if I get my way.:D Just finished our last jar of Garlic Mayo, Hellmanns of course, but they didn't have any in either store (Butler & J'lup) when I tried afew weeks ago, not sure they were going to get anymore either.:(

Fiona&malc Sep 4th 2007 3:03 pm

Originally Posted by St.Georges Girl (Post 5274771)

i get Hellmans mayo from Coles , costs about $5.50, and i live in the country so i would have thought all coles would have supplied it?

northernbird Sep 4th 2007 3:05 pm

Originally Posted by St.Georges Girl (Post 5274829)
Good luck with the reno's, we've been doing quite abit of decorating and soon we will be knocking out the entire kitchen...if I get my way.:D Just finished our last jar of Garlic Mayo, Hellmanns of course, but they didn't have any in either store (Butler & J'lup) when I tried afew weeks ago, not sure they were going to get anymore either.:(

I currently have half a kitchen and have spent the last 3 weeks cooking on a 2 ring camping stove! I wish you luck with the kitchen, it is truly the biggest pain in the ass I have ever endured.

St.Georges Girl Sep 4th 2007 3:07 pm

Originally Posted by Fiona&malc (Post 5274832)
i get Hellmans mayo from Coles , costs about $5.50, and i live in the country so i would have thought all coles would have supplied it?

Didn't have it in our 2 nearest Coles recently. They used to stock it, but haven't seen it in there for afew years now. What's the sell by date on yours?

Nu-Shooz Sep 4th 2007 3:08 pm

Originally Posted by northernbird (Post 5274839)
I currently have half a kitchen and have spent the last 3 weeks cooking on a 2 ring camping stove! I wish you luck with the kitchen, it is truly the biggest pain in the ass I have ever endured.

You should use the excuse to eat out instead every night..;)

Where's my coffee and bun?