Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

you know your in Australia when...........

you know your in Australia when...........

Old Sep 4th 2007, 5:06 am
Made the move -

Fiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: you know your in Australia when...........

Originally Posted by Ransi
Everything you buy seems to have cheese in it...
.......even the beetroot
Old Sep 4th 2007, 5:18 am
Cheeky member

Ransi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fiona&malc
.......even the beetroot
I love beetroot, but sometimes all I want is a plain tin of beans or spaggetti and all I can get is cheese or extra cheese...
Old Sep 4th 2007, 5:31 am
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Almost everything you buy has coconut in it too.....bluuurrrr
Old Sep 4th 2007, 5:35 am
Made the move -

Fiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ransi
I love beetroot, but sometimes all I want is a plain tin of beans or spaggetti and all I can get is cheese or extra cheese...
i know, my kids used to love the spagetti on toast but they dont like the cheesy crap you get here, i still buy the english beans, not quite the same but gotten used to them
Old Sep 4th 2007, 5:36 am
Made the move -

Originally Posted by St.Georges Girl
Almost everything you buy has coconut in it too.....bluuurrrr
ooh i like coconut, especially in thai dishes YUM !!! im hungry now
Old Sep 4th 2007, 5:40 am
Cheeky member

Ransi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond repute

i know, my kids used to love the spagetti on toast but they dont like the cheesy crap you get here, i still buy the english beans, not quite the same but gotten used to them
I try to get plain watties beans if I can, they are heinz..
Old Sep 4th 2007, 5:47 am
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

ooh i like coconut, especially in thai dishes YUM !!! im hungry now
I cook with Coconut milk/Cream and creamed coconut, but cannot abide the desiccated stuff which seems to be in most cakes, biscuits and even cheesecake bases here. Believe me, I can detect it before eating them.
Old Sep 4th 2007, 5:51 am

gedge has disabled reputation

I cook with Coconut milk/Cream and creamed coconut, but cannot abide the desiccated stuff which seems to be in most cakes, biscuits and even cheesecake bases here. Believe me, I can detect it before eating them.
same here, the real deal is great in cooking but those superficial coconut filings are yuck
Old Sep 4th 2007, 7:21 am
'In limboland'

Originally Posted by gedge
same here, the real deal is great in cooking but those superficial coconut filings are yuck
Hi C, how's life treating you?
Old Sep 4th 2007, 7:28 am
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute

I can't bear the coconut in the base of cheesecake - what a waste of good cake !
Old Sep 4th 2007, 7:28 am
BE Enthusiast

The S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to behold

You know your in Australia when.........

All the whinging poms moan about the food and tv instead of understanding they are no longer in the uk and things may be different

Disclaimer - I hate all the asian food here as it contains friggin coconut or some other sweetener

PS- quite like the tv, I love American crime shows etc, don't know what you all miss from UK tv, enlighten me please

Sean
Old Sep 4th 2007, 7:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Exile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The S's

All the whinging poms moan about the food and tv instead of understanding they are no longer in the uk and things may be different

Sean

Sorry, but I think most of the whinging poms do understand only too well that they are no longer in the UK and that things may be different.

But in no way does this make the TV better. It's still crap.
Old Sep 4th 2007, 7:52 am
BE Enthusiast

The S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Exile
Sorry, but I think most of the whinging poms do understand only too well that they are no longer in the UK and that things may be different.

But in no way does this make the TV better. It's still crap.
What is the reason for it being crap though? Whats so much better about Uk tv?
Well apart from the horrendous adverts here I give you that!!
Old Sep 4th 2007, 7:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Exile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond repute

It's hard to explain really, and very subjective. It just seems to be more inventive, intelligent, interesting. Much UK TV is still crap, but there seems to be more good stuff in between. Just my view.
Old Sep 4th 2007, 8:16 am
'In limboland'

Disclaimer - I hate all the asian food here as it contains friggin coconut or some other sweetener

PS- quite like the tv, I love American crime shows etc, don't know what you all miss from UK tv, enlighten me please

Sean
If I don't understand I'm not in the UK, then I have a huge problem 'cos I've been in Oz for more than a decade.

You know you're in Oz when you have fellow poms bleating on about whinging poms....

It's subjective mate. I loathe American crime series/soaps/aussie dramas & the shows they pass of for comedy. See? We're all different, but then I wasn't moaning or whinging about food or tv.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.