Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

you know your in Australia when...........

you know your in Australia when...........

Old Sep 5th 2007, 6:12 am
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: you know your in Australia when...........

Originally Posted by esperanza
That doesn't work on my computer! Maybe because it is an Australian one.... Or maybe noone has ever typed anything with an accent before!
Do you have your numbers on lock?
Old Sep 5th 2007, 6:13 am
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gedge
hmmm, that's a well dodgy word
Isn't it just.....
Old Sep 5th 2007, 6:17 am
BE Forum Addict

esperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by St.Georges Girl
Do you have your numbers on lock?
My number pad is locked but I was using the numbers across the top... I will try again: éé yay! It turns out the pad can be locked or unlocked but I have to use the numbers at the side of the keyboard, the ones across the top don't work.
I feel quite triumphant now, I may even leave work - I have acheived enough for one day now that I can é!

(Please dear lord let my employer never read this.... I do a lot of proper work as well, honestly.)
Old Sep 5th 2007, 6:35 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow Re: you know your in Australia when...........

Originally Posted by rabsody
Not saying that I want to see it go, but honestly, where else in the world has two public TV stations that essentially double up and are funded by tax payers money? I'm studying journalism as the mo and my lecturer is always banging on about it.
ABC and SBS are both government-owned, which explains why they are funded by public money. And they do not "essentially double up".

By contrast, the UK has eight public TV stations and ten radio networks funded by taxpayers' money, with considerable overlap between them (for example. BBC3 consists largely of repeats from BBC1 & BBC2).
Old Sep 5th 2007, 6:37 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Lightbulb Re: you know your in Australia when...........

Originally Posted by gedge
i'm trying to determine whether you typed yogurt or yogurt?
Either way, she forgot the silent "h".

The word is "yoghurt".
Old Sep 5th 2007, 6:41 am
'In limboland'

My number pad is locked but I was using the numbers across the top... I will try again: éé yay! It turns out the pad can be locked or unlocked but I have to use the numbers at the side of the keyboard, the ones across the top don't work.
I feel quite triumphant now, I may even leave work - I have acheived enough for one day now that I can é!

(Please dear lord let my employer never read this.... I do a lot of proper work as well, honestly.)
That's why I said use the numbers board.It doesn't work with the top line. Some computers, the older ones I believe, you have to have the numbers unlocked. There are loads more things you can do with the Alt key.
Old Sep 5th 2007, 6:47 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede

The word is "yoghurt".
My yog never hurt anyone. It's yogurt and it's staying that way. Most other words I have become Aussie on but that, MarOOn and pasta not pARsta will remain in Hertfordshire speak
Old Sep 5th 2007, 6:49 am
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Fiona&malc
i get Hellmans mayo from Coles , costs about $5.50, and i live in the country so i would have thought all coles would have supplied it?
Yeah, I buy it... or Best Food's mayo, which is Hellmans...
Old Sep 5th 2007, 6:58 am
'In limboland'

Originally Posted by moneypen20
My yog never hurt anyone. It's yogurt and it's staying that way. Most other words I have become Aussie on but that, MarOOn and pasta not pARsta will remain in Hertfordshire speak
Still has an 'h' in it though. I'm a Herts. girl too. Where abouts are you from?

Originally Posted by iPom
Never heard of Best Foods....I don't think. Don't hang around long in the shops 'cos I loathe food shopping since living here.
Old Sep 5th 2007, 6:59 am
Made the move -

Fiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond repute

i used to buy the best foods one until they started selling the hellmans as it was the closest tasting to hellmans there was..now i know why lol
Old Sep 5th 2007, 7:24 am
BE Forum Addict

esperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede

The word is "yoghurt".
Have just checked, and it would appear it is acceptable spelled either way.
You spell yoghurt, I spell yogurt - potayto/potahdo!
Old Sep 5th 2007, 7:25 am
Account Closed

You spell yoghurt, I spell yogurt - potayto/potahdo!

You spelt potato wrong....
Old Sep 5th 2007, 7:35 am
BE Forum Addict

You spelt potato wrong....
It's too easy!!
Old Sep 5th 2007, 7:52 am
Account Closed

It's too easy!!
I don't like to disappoint...
Old Sep 5th 2007, 8:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Pomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond repute

wandering around in Melbourne today I thought of another one.

....you are wandering around in a Tshirt because it is 20 degrees and there are still heaps of people wearing thick winter coats and scarves 'because it is only 20 degrees"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.