Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Are you happy in your job?

Are you happy in your job?

Old May 22nd 2006, 9:16 am
Im a woomaaan

gobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Are you happy in your job?

Originally Posted by Margaret2
[. I also worked as a school cleaner for a bit which I still have nightmares about as in the 3 months I worked there I managed to get locked in the school and have to be let out by the police, kill the pet hamster and leave rubbish in the cleaners cupboard for a fortnight over the Easter holiday only to move it on my return and find it crawling with maggots (which I thought I`d killed with bleach until a teacher opened the cupboard door a few days later to be met with a cupboard full of bluebottles!!)

PMSL , your having a laarf, surely :scared:[/QUOTE]
LOL - unfortunately not!! I was cleaning the upstairs classrooms thinking how much work I was getting done (not realising my watch had stopped!!) when I realised I ran into the main hall only to set off the burglar alarms and find that everyone else had left 20 minutes earlier!! I also managed to kill the hamster when it escaped (I`d moved somes boxes of books and inadvertantly wedged hammy against the central heating pipes - toasted hamster) The maggot incident was when we broke up for Easter hols - I thought the Janitor was going to pick up the full waste bags from the top of the stairs as usual - came back from leave and the Janitor mentioned that he`d shoved my waste bags in the cleaners cupboard as I should have brought it down (and he basically couldn`t be bothered dragging it down himself) I opened the cupboard (thought it smelt a bit whiffy) moved the bags only to finf the floor covered in maggots ( I panicked and poured bleach over the floor ) the maggots seemed to disappear (well they had into the nooks and crannies of the cupboard) I went into work a few days later and the Janitor asked me if I had noticed anything strange in the cupboard. I put on my innocent face and denied knowing anything "Why ??" I asked only to be told that a teacher had gone into the cupboard and just about had a heart attack on finding the place swarming with bluebottles!! (can`t imagine where they came from )
Old May 22nd 2006, 9:17 am
BE Enthusiast

Sorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ohippy
This may sound sad, but for the last ten years I've always wanted to be a full time stay at home mum
nope, that's not sad at all. Couldn't think of a more important or satisfying job.
Old May 22nd 2006, 9:18 am

Margaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by gobbyjock
PMSL , your having a laarf, surely :scared:
LOL - unfortunately not!! I was cleaning the upstairs classrooms thinking how much work I was getting done (not realising my watch had stopped!!) when I realised I ran into the main hall only to set off the burglar alarms and find that everyone else had left 20 minutes earlier!! I also managed to kill the hamster when it escaped (I`d moved somes boxes of books and inadvertantly wedged hammy against the central heating pipes - toasted hamster) The maggot incident was when we broke up for Easter hols - I thought the Janitor was going to pick up the full waste bags from the top of the stairs as usual - came back from leave and the Janitor mentioned that he`d shoved my waste bags in the cleaners cupboard as I should have brought it down (and he basically couldn`t be bothered dragging it down himself) I opened the cupboard (thought it smelt a bit whiffy) moved the bags only to finf the floor covered in maggots ( I panicked and poured bleach over the floor ) the maggots seemed to disappear (well they had into the nooks and crannies of the cupboard) I went into work a few days later and the Janitor asked me if I had noticed anything strange in the cupboard. I put on my innocent face and denied knowing anything "Why ??" I asked only to be told that a teacher had gone into the cupboard and just about had a heart attack on finding the place swarming with bluebottles!! (can`t imagine where they came from )[/QUOTE]

God it gets worse, are u working just now, and do your employers have good insurance :scared:
Old May 22nd 2006, 9:22 am
Im a woomaaan

gobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond repute

LOL - unfortunately not!! I was cleaning the upstairs classrooms thinking how much work I was getting done (not realising my watch had stopped!!) when I realised I ran into the main hall only to set off the burglar alarms and find that everyone else had left 20 minutes earlier!! I also managed to kill the hamster when it escaped (I`d moved somes boxes of books and inadvertantly wedged hammy against the central heating pipes - toasted hamster) The maggot incident was when we broke up for Easter hols - I thought the Janitor was going to pick up the full waste bags from the top of the stairs as usual - came back from leave and the Janitor mentioned that he`d shoved my waste bags in the cleaners cupboard as I should have brought it down (and he basically couldn`t be bothered dragging it down himself) I opened the cupboard (thought it smelt a bit whiffy) moved the bags only to finf the floor covered in maggots ( I panicked and poured bleach over the floor ) the maggots seemed to disappear (well they had into the nooks and crannies of the cupboard) I went into work a few days later and the Janitor asked me if I had noticed anything strange in the cupboard. I put on my innocent face and denied knowing anything "Why ??" I asked only to be told that a teacher had gone into the cupboard and just about had a heart attack on finding the place swarming with bluebottles!! (can`t imagine where they came from )
God it gets worse, are u working just now, and do your employers have good insurance :scared:[/QUOTE]
PMSL - I`ve found my niche in life I`ve been a civil servant for the last 7 years!! (think of the havoc I can create!!! (evil laugh- mwhahaha!!)
Old May 22nd 2006, 9:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Sorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Gobby,

here's something for you....
Attached Thumbnails Are you happy in your job?-calliphora_vicina_hs1_5173_t.jpg  
Old May 22nd 2006, 9:33 am
Im a woomaaan

This has got me thinking about all the different types of jobs I`ve had since leaving school at 17 _
YTS trainee at the local Co-OP
Sales Assistant at the Co-Op Department store (pet shop)
Boneless chicken stuffer at Marshalls Chunky Chickens
Sales Assitant at the local NAAFI
School Cleaner
Sales Assistant for Carpetwise (got made redundant)
Office Cashire for Carpetwise (got taken back on in another shop a week later)
Sales Assistant for Carpetwise (got made redundant again)
Admin staff for a newspaper distributor
Temped at Natwest for a while
Tele sales
Office Cashier Courts Furnisher
Admin Officer for various Civil service depts
And it all added to the rich tapestry of my life
Old May 22nd 2006, 9:34 am
Im a woomaaan

Originally Posted by Sorchar
Hey Gobby,

here's something for you....
LOL cheers mate - you know anytime you fancy popping round for a coffee just give me a shout!!
Old May 22nd 2006, 9:40 am

Margaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud of

LOL cheers mate - you know anytime you fancy popping round for a coffee just give me a shout!!

:scared: rather you than me mate
Old May 22nd 2006, 9:40 am
BE Enthusiast

:scared:

can I bring my friend too ?
Attached Images  
Old May 22nd 2006, 9:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Toontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond repute

What job?
Old May 22nd 2006, 9:46 am
Im a woomaaan

:scared: rather you than me mate
The little buggers in the school got their own back on me ( they gave me chicken pox) . Probably just as well I now live down here and don`t have to send my daughter to that school - I think the whole of Fife breathed a sigh of relief - I was just one of those people that daft stuff happened to!"
Old May 22nd 2006, 9:50 am
BE Enthusiast

[QUOTE=gobbyjock] - I was just one of those people that daft stuff happened to!"[/QUO

a female Frank Spencer
Old May 22nd 2006, 9:17 pm
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point

I used to love my job as a psychiatric nurse, but when I came here found that mental health nusing as certainly 'different' - drugs were being used which had been banned for good reason in the UK, and certain ways of managing situations had a lot to be desired.
I stuck it out for 9 months (basically waiting to go from 457 to PR) and then left.
I felt that I needed a change, and so when I was offered a job working with chess in schools, I jumped at it.

I may or may not go back to nursing in the future - but working within the education system here is quite liberating.
I'm very happy.
Old May 22nd 2006, 9:37 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carolinegorka
I felt that I needed a change, and so when I was offered a job working with chess in schools, I jumped at it.

Cas, will you please let me know if any jobs come up working with chess for older pupils.
Old May 22nd 2006, 9:38 pm
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bix
Cas, will you please let me know if any jobs come up working with chess for older pupils.
We only go up to 16 year-olds

How old were you thinking?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.