Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

The "you couldn't make this stuff up" thread

The "you couldn't make this stuff up" thread

Old Jun 20th 2007, 5:22 am
Home.

mackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond repute
Default The "you couldn't make this stuff up" thread

Does anyone have any stories of stuff that has happened to them and you've thought "you couldn't make this stuff up"?

I'll start the ball rolling.

A few years back I worked for a government agency. It came to mine, & several other staff members' attention, that a client record had been recorded on our UK-wide database under the name "Hairy Bum".

We were all fairly confident that the person wasn't Korean or something when we noticed his address:

Number 2, Back Passage (use rear entrance), Derry, Ayr.

Anyhow, one day our team was called in for an unscheduled meeting, and judging by the faces of the managers they weren't happy about something.

As we all sat down & the door was closed behind us we could feel the tension in the small room.

Our manager Ann was the first to speak:

"It's about this Hairy Bum scenario........."

What made things worse is she was deadly serious for the entire meeting, despite the fact that our sides we nearly splitting.
Old Jun 20th 2007, 5:29 am
Made the move -

Fiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The "you couldn't make this stuff up" thread

the day we arrived here in Australia, we decided to take the kids to Maccas for lunch, Louise likes a Junior burger (hamburger) with nothing on it, ie no onions, manky green pickles or sauce, just a plain burger in a bun, so we go up to the girl serving (who looked about 12) and asked for a junior burger with nothing on it...
nothing on it?, came the reply
yep, nothing on it, thanks - i said

when we got in the car, louise opened up her burger, to find that all they had given her was the bun !!!! :curse:
Old Jun 20th 2007, 5:35 am
Home.

mackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fiona&malc
the day we arrived here in Australia, we decided to take the kids to Maccas for lunch, Louise likes a Junior burger (hamburger) with nothing on it, ie no onions, manky green pickles or sauce, just a plain burger in a bun, so we go up to the girl serving (who looked about 12) and asked for a junior burger with nothing on it...
nothing on it?, came the reply
yep, nothing on it, thanks - i said

when we got in the car, louise opened up her burger, to find that all they had given her was the bun !!!! :curse:
LOL

Might have been worse, you could have asked for it naked!
Old Jun 20th 2007, 5:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

I saw a car the morning and the registration plate was:

GAY 069
Old Jun 20th 2007, 5:43 am
pink 'n' bouncy

stuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wendy
I saw a car the morning and the registration plate was:

GAY 069
is that your car wendy ?
Old Jun 20th 2007, 5:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stuckinblighty
is that your car wendy ?

No, I don't drive
Old Jun 20th 2007, 5:55 am
pink 'n' bouncy

stuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wendy
No, I don't drive
must be your girlfriends then
Old Jun 20th 2007, 5:59 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

We went to the local pub, asked for 2 half cokes for the kids. The bar maid returned with 2 half pint glasses half full.

Half a coke, well thats what we always said in UK.
Old Jun 20th 2007, 6:07 am
BE Forum Addict

birdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond repute

Camping in Oz......ranger man starts chatting.........

'best place in the world here, you can camp anywhere you want and dont need to worry about getting eaten by tigers or bears'........

thought he was having a laugh - to new arrivals, one of whom isnt keen on snakes and already seen a few...have you forogtten the amount of venomous things here
Old Jun 20th 2007, 6:30 am
BE Forum Addict

The Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond repute

I contracted dysentry and salmonella whilst in Africa many years ago. I had to have my stools tested for many months afterwards until it cleared from my system. I rented a top floor flat in a grand Edwardian house in Bristol. All well and good, until the numb skull at the Lab decided to post my sample pots through the main letter box in a clear bag without my name on.
A week later I get a call from the lab as they had a sample pot from a Mrs BlahBlah from my address - a coincedence perhaps - no she wasn't registered - she must have just thought it was a survey of Clifton poo
Old Jun 20th 2007, 6:33 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Originally Posted by The Crow
I contracted dysentery and salmonella whilst in Africa many years ago. I had to have my stools tested for many months afterwards until it cleared from my system. I rented a top floor flat in a grand Edwardian house in Bristol. All well and good, until the numb skull at the Lab decided to post my sample pots through the main letter box in a clear bag without my name on.
A week later I get a call from the lab as they had a sample pot from a Mrs BlahBlah from my address - a coincidence perhaps - no she wasn't registered - she must have just thought it was a survey of Clifton poo
Old Jun 20th 2007, 6:35 am
BE Forum Addict

The Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
I could never look that lady in the face again
Old Jun 20th 2007, 6:38 am

Vanessa is an unknown quantity at this point

Went to 'Ricketts Point in Beaumaris and ordered 1 portion of flake and chips and another of calamari and chips. When we opened the bag the flake was ok but we had just one 'portion' of calamari. Needless to say I went hungry that day!
Old Jun 20th 2007, 6:41 am
Banned

Location: I refuse to answer on the grounds it may incriminate me
Luke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond repute

You couldnt make this up:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...+announcements

Its an old thread of mine from a few years back that has a very funny link to some airport announcements for those that have never heard them.
Old Jun 20th 2007, 6:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

This morning, when responding to a 000 call, fell into a roadside inspection pit in the dark whilst setting up a roadblock.

Bloody hurt.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.