Yayyyyyyy, my first racist comment

Wikiposts

Yayyyyyyy, my first racist comment

Old Mar 15th 2011, 2:38 pm
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Yayyyyyyy, my first racist comment

Originally Posted by fish.01
I've seen your house remember - it wasn't an igloo.
Ahhh.. but that was my Aussie house. This was my previous house... check out the size of this igloo.

Old Mar 15th 2011, 4:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
Ahhh.. but that was my Aussie house. This was my previous house... check out the size of this igloo.

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1290/...a7a3f44e65.jpg
Needs some columns.
Old Mar 15th 2011, 4:32 pm
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by fish.01
Needs some columns.
They're round the back mate... hand sculpted by the pet Polar Bear.
Old Mar 15th 2011, 5:04 pm
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

A joke from the latest copy of Blues (a rural-focussed magazine):

--------------------
Paddy was waiting at the bus stop with his mate when a truck went by loaded up with rolls of turf.

Paddy said: "I'm going to do that when I win the lottery"

"What's dat?" asks his mate

"Send me lawn away to be cut"
--------------------

And instantly you can visualise Jim Davidson.
Old Mar 15th 2011, 5:52 pm
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DeadVim
A joke from the latest copy of Blues (a rural-focussed magazine):

--------------------
Paddy was waiting at the bus stop with his mate when a truck went by loaded up with rolls of turf.

Paddy said: "I'm going to do that when I win the lottery"

"What's dat?" asks his mate

"Send me lawn away to be cut"
--------------------

And instantly you can visualise Jim Davidson.
Old Mar 16th 2011, 12:53 am
Banned

furbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by scottishcelts
what's wrong the redneck Redlands?
Do you know why the mullet was so popular here?

It was to cover up the red neck
Old Mar 16th 2011, 1:01 am
Banned

furbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Totally agree. There are massive double standards about this on BE. People who rail against being called poms, or about the Aussie use of the words wog and paki, have no qualms about using the word chinky to describe Chinese food. A certain poster on here has, on several occasions, used the K-word to describe black people. Hardly anyone pulled him up on it (I think there was one comment) and the mods said nothing. If, as a white South African, I used that term I would be crucified - and rightly so.
Maybe you should speak up also. If you don't like racism then stand up against it, don't leave it all up to the mods. Jerk offs that spew that shit will never change their empty heads anymore than you can teach a chimp to recite Shakespeare (apologies to the monkey for the comparison). But if more people stand up and chase them back under their rocks then they'll be more inclined to limit their filth to dark little holes were the like minded garbage congregate instead of spreading it around.
Old Mar 16th 2011, 1:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Camberwell/S.E London > Orpington > Mornington > heart will always be in Tullamore. Co Offaly
steve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to all

Originally Posted by papilon
The guy may have been referring to the time when Dandenong was mainly settled by 10 pound poms as was Frankston.
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh

why didnt he just tell us to fook off back to England

would have made more sense

also would have made me giggle

love it here and do not understand why people get so annoyed .... could it be that they are not happy ????
Old Mar 16th 2011, 1:56 am
Just Joined

MickeyTong is a name known to allMickeyTong is a name known to allMickeyTong is a name known to allMickeyTong is a name known to allMickeyTong is a name known to allMickeyTong is a name known to allMickeyTong is a name known to allMickeyTong is a name known to allMickeyTong is a name known to allMickeyTong is a name known to allMickeyTong is a name known to all

Originally Posted by papilon
The guy may have been referring to the time when Dandenong was mainly settled by 10 pound poms as was Frankston.
My parents were £10 poms, but not in Victoria - we had more class.
Old Mar 16th 2011, 2:16 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mic n mat

Old Mar 16th 2011, 11:39 am
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mic n mat

Old Mar 16th 2011, 5:36 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scottishcelts
I got told yesterday that if I didn't like the revised working conditions, I should leave and go home as people complaining the aircon is too cold to work in aren't wanted here. The ironic thing is that it was a Scot who said it, and someone else had to ask for a translation as they couldn't understand his accent ...........
Old Mar 17th 2011, 9:07 am
beach bum

ponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond repute

Race
n.(noun)
1.A local geographic or global human population distinguished as a more or less distinct group by genetically transmitted physical characteristics.
2.A group of people united or classified together on the basis of common history, nationality, or geographic distribution: the German race.
3.A genealogical line; a lineage.
4.Humans considered as a group.
5.Biology.
a.An interbreeding, usually geographically isolated population of organisms differing from other populations of the same species in the frequency of hereditary traits. A race that has been given formal taxonomic recognition is known as a subspecies.
b.A breed or strain, as of domestic animals.
6.A distinguishing or characteristic quality, such as the flavor of a wine.
[French, from Old French, from Old Italian razza, race, lineage.]

USAGE NOTE The notion of race is nearly as problematic from a scientific point of view as it is from a social one. European physical anthropologists of the 17th and 18th centuries proposed various systems of racial classifications based on such observable characteristics as skin color, hair type, body proportions, and skull measurements, essentially codifying the perceived differences among broad geographic populations of humans. The traditional terms for these populations-Caucasoid (or Caucasian), Mongoloid, Negroid, and in some systems Australoid-are now controversial in both technical and nontechnical usage, and in some cases they may well be considered offensive. (Caucasian does retain a certain currency in American English, but it is used almost exclusively to mean "white" or "European" rather than "belonging to the Caucasian race," a group that includes a variety of peoples generally categorized as nonwhite.) The biological aspect of race is described today not in observable physical features but rather in such genetic characteristics as blood groups and metabolic processes, and the groupings indicated by these factors seldom coincide very neatly with those put forward by earlier physical anthropologists. Citing this and other points-such as the fact that a person who is considered black in one society might be nonblack in another-many cultural anthropologists now consider race to be more a social or mental construct than an objective biological fact.

And that my dears, is that!!!!
Old Mar 17th 2011, 2:19 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ponyrama
Race
n.(noun)
1.A local geographic or global human population distinguished as a more or less distinct group by genetically transmitted physical characteristics.
2.A group of people united or classified together on the basis of common history, nationality, or geographic distribution: the German race.
3.A genealogical line; a lineage.
4.Humans considered as a group.
5.Biology.
a.An interbreeding, usually geographically isolated population of organisms differing from other populations of the same species in the frequency of hereditary traits. A race that has been given formal taxonomic recognition is known as a subspecies.
b.A breed or strain, as of domestic animals.
6.A distinguishing or characteristic quality, such as the flavor of a wine.
[French, from Old French, from Old Italian razza, race, lineage.]

USAGE NOTE The notion of race is nearly as problematic from a scientific point of view as it is from a social one. European physical anthropologists of the 17th and 18th centuries proposed various systems of racial classifications based on such observable characteristics as skin color, hair type, body proportions, and skull measurements, essentially codifying the perceived differences among broad geographic populations of humans. The traditional terms for these populations-Caucasoid (or Caucasian), Mongoloid, Negroid, and in some systems Australoid-are now controversial in both technical and nontechnical usage, and in some cases they may well be considered offensive. (Caucasian does retain a certain currency in American English, but it is used almost exclusively to mean "white" or "European" rather than "belonging to the Caucasian race," a group that includes a variety of peoples generally categorized as nonwhite.) The biological aspect of race is described today not in observable physical features but rather in such genetic characteristics as blood groups and metabolic processes, and the groupings indicated by these factors seldom coincide very neatly with those put forward by earlier physical anthropologists. Citing this and other points-such as the fact that a person who is considered black in one society might be nonblack in another-many cultural anthropologists now consider race to be more a social or mental construct than an objective biological fact.

And that my dears, is that!!!!
So can you explain to me how 'Apparently us immigrants think we can come to australia and take over the place.' is racist? Bearing in mind that the person isn't actually saying 'f*** off we're full', they are simply making a statement, an incorrect statement but that's hardly illegal is it?
Old Mar 17th 2011, 3:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Petals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for that Pony whatsit you must have a lot of time on your hands Life after thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.