Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Xmas TV Junkie - What's Worth Watching From the UK?

Wikiposts

Xmas TV Junkie - What's Worth Watching From the UK?

Old Dec 5th 2009, 10:20 am
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute
Default Xmas TV Junkie - What's Worth Watching From the UK?

For me, so many memories of Christmases gone by are of sitting around the TV with loved ones laughing at the Two Ronnies, hiding behind the sofa at Dr Who and boogieing to Top of the Pops. To get into the festive spirit I was thinking of downloading some of the UK TV Xmas specials etc this year. Can anyone in the UK recommend what's looking good this year?
Old Dec 5th 2009, 3:33 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Xmas TV Junkie - What's Worth Watching From the UK?

Originally Posted by herrchook
For me, so many memories of Christmases gone by are of sitting around the TV with loved ones laughing at the Two Ronnies, hiding behind the sofa at Dr Who and boogieing to Top of the Pops. To get into the festive spirit I was thinking of downloading some of the UK TV Xmas specials etc this year. Can anyone in the UK recommend what's looking good this year?
The outlaws arrive on Wednesday and are bringing a copy of the Xmas edition of the Radio Times out for us.

Highlights as I can glean them appear to be 1) David Tennant's last Dr Who, 2) Feature length Cranfords 3) The Gruffalo 4) Turn of the Screw and 5) Ant & Dec.
Old Dec 5th 2009, 3:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Kingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to behold

Top of the Pops and Noels Christmas Presents!
Old Dec 5th 2009, 3:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

I remember doing that hiding thing @ Dr Who as well. Yet I cannot recall any of my kids ever hiding from anything on TV.

Must be more exposed the kids today.
Old Dec 5th 2009, 5:44 pm
Just Joined

charlesriley is an unknown quantity at this point

I Loved the Gavin and Stacey Christmas special last year.

Can i ask where you download the shows from, I recently made a post as am trying to get the some shows for my soap crazed wife. I'm 68 am quite new to the computer game but have started to use the Vuze program.

Do you know any torrent sites that have uk TV? I have been told the Box but you need an invite to join.
Old Dec 5th 2009, 5:59 pm
Just Joined

jeloz will become famous soon enough

where do you guys download from? I use a UK VPN which is brilliant and is quote possibly legal compared to bit torrent.

Jeloz
Old Dec 5th 2009, 6:34 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by charlesriley
I Loved the Gavin and Stacey Christmas special last year.

Can i ask where you download the shows from, I recently made a post as am trying to get the some shows for my soap crazed wife. I'm 68 am quite new to the computer game but have started to use the Vuze program.

Do you know any torrent sites that have uk TV? I have been told the Box but you need an invite to join.
You'll find everything you need at www.uknova.com . Alternatively, just use the BBC iPlayer downloader.