British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Barbie (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/)
-   -   XBox 360 Elite (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/xbox-360-elite-607533/)

Swerv-o Jun 18th 2009 11:27 am

Re: XBox 360 Elite

Originally Posted by Blossom (Post 7677620)
You obviously missed my post - I bought an Xbox 360. The only reason being that whilst the games from UK would be compatible, the dvd's may not, so as he is living in Aus that is where most of the games and dvd's will be purchased so i played it safe and bought Australian.
:thumbup:

Yes, and you probably wanted a platform with more than half a dozen games...

S

jasonlec Jun 18th 2009 6:56 pm

Originally Posted by Swerv-o (Post 7678644)
Yes, and you probably wanted a platform with more than half a dozen games...

S

That crashes, requires add ons for wireless internet & does not play blu-ray discs.
A matter of choice of course, but am more than happy with the ps3, had no problems with it & the bonus of blu-ray.

Swerv-o Jun 18th 2009 11:21 pm

Originally Posted by jasonlec (Post 7679436)
That crashes, requires add ons for wireless internet & does not play blu-ray discs.
A matter of choice of course, but am more than happy with the ps3, had no problems with it & the bonus of blu-ray.

I appreciate that the PS3 is technically a better console, but a games console is exactly that - for playing games on. Any games console that only has a handful of titles falls at the first hurdle, irrespective of the extra bells and whistles.

Given that the OP was looking for a games console for her relative, I think she's probably made the best choice. I imagine that little jimmy couldn't give a rat's arse if it plays Bluray or not ;)

S

homewardbound Jun 19th 2009 12:23 am

Actually its billy and he def does not give a rats ass about blu ray lol... :thumbsup: But its ok... give him til xmas and he'll want a ps3 :-)

Blossom Jun 20th 2009 8:43 pm

Originally Posted by homewardbound (Post 7680142)
Actually its billy and he def does not give a rats ass about blu ray lol... :thumbsup: But its ok... give him til xmas and he'll want a ps3 :-)

Well if he changes his mind by Xmas, BILLY can go and whistle! LOL

jasonlec Jun 20th 2009 11:22 pm

Originally Posted by homewardbound (Post 7680142)

And a psp to link to it ;-)

jasonlec Jun 20th 2009 11:36 pm

Originally Posted by Swerv-o (Post 7680028)
I appreciate that the PS3 is technically a better console, but a games console is exactly that - for playing games on. Any games console that only has a handful of titles falls at the first hurdle, irrespective of the extra bells and whistles.

Given that the OP was looking for a games console for her relative, I think she's probably made the best choice. I imagine that little jimmy couldn't give a rat's arse if it plays Bluray or not ;)

S

Like I said its your choice. Blu-ray stores more info, the ps3 is a lot better end of.
The guy is thrilled to bits with his console & thats all that matters for this post, every-body happy.
So you own an outdated console that has a million and one games & you are happy with it, good onya:blink:

homewardbound Jun 20th 2009 11:39 pm

He's already got a psp

iamthecreaturefromuranus Jun 21st 2009 12:54 am

Take it from a household that has a PS3, an Xbox360 Elite and a Wii for that matter, the differences between a PS3 and an Xbox are not worth bothering about. They are both excellent games consoles. The PS3 may have a slight edge because of its 'extra' abilities but in terms of sheer game play there is nothing to chose between them.

jasonlec Jun 21st 2009 1:07 am

Originally Posted by homewardbound (Post 7685272)
He's already got a psp

:rofl::thumbup:

Blossom Jun 24th 2009 10:10 am

Originally Posted by homewardbound (Post 7685272)
He's already got a psp

And a Wii:thumbup:

jasonlec Jun 24th 2009 7:11 pm

Originally Posted by Blossom (Post 7696679)
And a Wii:thumbup:

Next a ps3!