XBox 360 Elite

Old May 6th 2009, 4:37 pm
wannabeeinaussie

Blossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to all
Default XBox 360 Elite

Hi I am thinking of buying an Xbox 360 Elite for my grandson. If I buy one in the UK will Australian purchased games work on it?

Your advice will be welcome.
Old May 7th 2009, 3:02 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: XBox 360 Elite

Originally Posted by Blossom
Hi I am thinking of buying an Xbox 360 Elite for my grandson. If I buy one in the UK will Australian purchased games work on it?

Yes.

Well, my UK bought games work on my Australian 360.

To my knowledge, Xbox 360 games aren't region encoded, though you do have to watch out for US NTSC versions.

S
Old May 7th 2009, 5:06 pm
wannabeeinaussie

Blossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to all

Thanks Swerv-o, I thought this was the case but when I was looking at them in Dixons, I explained to the salesperson that I was looking to send it to Australia, and he said that the games bought over there would not work on it!
Old May 7th 2009, 6:28 pm
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

...but when I was looking at them in Dixons, I explained to the salesperson that I was looking to send it to Australia, and he said that the games bought over there would not work on it!
...and he was right...sort of.

Xbox360 IS region coded... but lots of games are region free. There is still a chance though that if you buy a game in Oz it may not work on your UK Xbox and of course any DVD's that you buy in Oz definitely will not work on a UK Xbox because pretty much all films are region coded. One of the big plus points of the elite is the HDMI connections so you can watch films in hi-def, but that's not much good if none of the films bought here would work on it.

Last edited by iamthecreaturefromuranus; May 7th 2009 at 6:44 pm.
Old May 9th 2009, 3:06 pm
wannabeeinaussie

hmmm, ok, where is the cheapest place in Aus to get an Xbox 360 Elite?
Old May 9th 2009, 9:58 pm
Account Closed

hmmm, ok, where is the cheapest place in Aus to get an Xbox 360 Elite?
Probably from these guys...

http://www.jbhifionline.com.au/Produ..._KUNG_FU_PANDA)
Old May 10th 2009, 5:59 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Thing that always cracks me up about consoles is how they boast about 'massive' 120Gb hard drives in them.
Old May 11th 2009, 11:15 am
Forum Regular

Taffaroo will become famous soon enoughTaffaroo will become famous soon enough

que?
Old May 11th 2009, 11:29 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Taffaroo
que?
Its called sarcasm.

120Gb is not massive. 500Gb drives can be picked up these days for peanuts and a 1Tb drive can be under $200

http://www.harveynorman.com.au/produ...ard-drive.html
Old Jun 14th 2009, 10:31 pm
wannabeeinaussie

I finally bought one in Aus from ebgames. Grandson will be thrilled to bits with it - thanks guys for your advice.
Old Jun 15th 2009, 5:03 am
Forum Regular

wullieb1 is on a distinguished road

The games are region coded but the UK and Aus are in the same region coding are they not???
Old Jun 15th 2009, 5:16 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wullieb1
The games are region coded but the UK and Aus are in the same region coding are they not???
I've never had a problem playing UK games on my Aus 360.

Looking at the web, the main problem seems to come when buying games from Asia, where there are PAL/NTSC issues:

An interesting link

Here are the region codes for anybody who is interested:

1. North and South America, India, Southeast Asia, Japan - Region A
2. Europe, Middle East, Australia - Region B
3. Russia, China - Region C

So yes, the UK and Australia belong to the same region.

S
Old Jun 15th 2009, 5:21 am
Forum Regular

wullieb1 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
I've never had a problem playing UK games on my Aus 360.

Looking at the web, the main problem seems to come when buying games from Asia, where there are PAL/NTSC issues:

An interesting link

Here are the region codes for anybody who is interested:

1. North and South America, India, Southeast Asia, Japan - Region A
2. Europe, Middle East, Australia - Region B
3. Russia, China - Region C

So yes, the UK and Australia belong to the same region.

S
Cheers m8.

I remember reading about when i got mine but i was seriously beginning to doubt myself.

Old Jun 15th 2009, 7:46 am
Account Closed

jasonlec is an unknown quantity at this point

Get a ps3
Old Jun 18th 2009, 5:59 pm
wannabeeinaussie

Originally Posted by jasonlec
Get a ps3
You obviously missed my post - I bought an Xbox 360. The only reason being that whilst the games from UK would be compatible, the dvd's may not, so as he is living in Aus that is where most of the games and dvd's will be purchased so i played it safe and bought Australian.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.