Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

WOW - Cirque du Soleil

WOW - Cirque du Soleil

Old Jan 3rd 2009, 11:39 pm
Decreased member

Carbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond repute
Default WOW - Cirque du Soleil

What a show! 8 of us went to 'Dralion' last night in Brisbane and even an old cynic like me loved it. I think its on for another week and recommend anyone in SE Qld to catch it.
Old Jan 4th 2009, 1:08 am

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: WOW - Cirque du Soleil

Originally Posted by Carbery
What a show! 8 of us went to 'Dralion' last night in Brisbane and even an old cynic like me loved it. I think its on for another week and recommend anyone in SE Qld to catch it.

My daughter bought us 2 tickets to go see it here in Perth In Feb. Looking forward to it.
Old Jan 4th 2009, 1:40 am
BE Enthusiast

obiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to behold

Yes it was nice, but i hear that the previous versions were better...

the only thing that was upsetting was that when we watched the 4pm matinee....

it took us 45 minutes to exit the Carpark !!! :curse:
Old Jan 4th 2009, 2:13 am
Where traffic lights rule

themerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond repute

I went to see quidam when it was is Brisbane a few years back and that was great, I think they are in the UK at the moment.
Originally Posted by obiwan
Yes it was nice, but i hear that the previous versions were better...

the only thing that was upsetting was that when we watched the 4pm matinee....

it took us 45 minutes to exit the Carpark !!! :curse:
Old Jan 4th 2009, 2:17 am
Ex BE ***** Addict

arkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by themerlin
I went to see quidam when it was is Brisbane a few years back and that was great, I think they are in the UK at the moment.
The two to see are 'O' and 'Mystere' in Vegas. They have a permenent place there and they have to be seen to be believed. The little shows they do like Dralon and Quedam don't really do them justice. Worth the trip to vegas on thier own merit I think.
Old Jan 4th 2009, 2:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Location: north east england to south east queensland(cleveland in fact )WE WON THE CUP
bobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by arkon
The two to see are 'O' and 'Mystere' in Vegas. They have a permenent place there and they have to be seen to be believed. The little shows they do like Dralon and Quedam don't really do them justice. Worth the trip to vegas on thier own merit I think.
Can't vouch for those 2 mentioned but seen Zumanity ,Ka & Love in Vegas and were all fantastic Also seen Dralion last night and whilst totally a different type of show to the other 3 we've seen it was still a great show to watch in my opinion. I'd give it the also
Old Jan 4th 2009, 4:39 am
BE Enthusiast

hunt66 is a jewel in the roughhunt66 is a jewel in the roughhunt66 is a jewel in the roughhunt66 is a jewel in the roughhunt66 is a jewel in the rough

Hi,
Have to agree we saw Dralion xmas eve, a great show that we enjoyed. We had heard the car park exit could be bad but it was fine, we did go to the evening performance though.
Claire
Old Jan 4th 2009, 10:02 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

We went to one a couple of years ago and were blown away. Great stuff. Didn't realise there were still tickets available so booked to see a similar but much much smaller one down here. Good but not CdS quality.
Old Jan 4th 2009, 12:57 pm
Forum Regular

paulhill is just really nicepaulhill is just really nicepaulhill is just really nicepaulhill is just really nicepaulhill is just really nicepaulhill is just really nicepaulhill is just really nicepaulhill is just really nicepaulhill is just really nice

Originally Posted by Carbery

We also saw this show at the Gold Coast Entertainment Centre and it was fantastic. Worth every penny or cent!!!
Old Jan 4th 2009, 8:19 pm

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

Saw Dralion in Sydney and loved it

they are amazing aren't they I didn't want the show to end
Old Jan 4th 2009, 8:25 pm
No Clean Feed

bigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bobbyftm
Can't vouch for those 2 mentioned but seen Zumanity ,Ka & Love in Vegas and were all fantastic. Also seen Dralion last night and whilst totally a different type of show to the other 3 we've seen it was still a great show to watch in my opinion. I'd give it the also
I too have seen Ka in Vegas and was simply blown away by it. I had no idea these shows were so amazing. However I have been steering away from going to see Dralion merely because I seriously doubt it will be 5% as good as Ka given that this is a travelling show and Ka was built on those massive James Bond Villain Lair sized moving stages.

Is it just as good but without the major wow factor ?
Old Jan 5th 2009, 12:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Location: north east england to south east queensland(cleveland in fact )WE WON THE CUP
bobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bigAPE
I too have seen Ka in Vegas and was simply blown away by it. I had no idea these shows were so amazing. However I have been steering away from going to see Dralion merely because I seriously doubt it will be 5% as good as Ka given that this is a travelling show and Ka was built on those massive James Bond Villain Lair sized moving stages.

Is it just as good but without the major wow factor ?
That's probably the phrase i was looking for mate when describing it Well worth the money even if it does miss this aspect compared to others cos these artistes are excellent in this particular show (which is what is required from them ) Take a chance mate i hope you're not disappointed, i wasn't
Old Jan 5th 2009, 3:08 am
Go the BNE Roar

TrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond repute

We saw Mystere in Vegas and had a great time we also went to Dralion before Christmas in Brisbane thanks to the wife's boss. We had to slum it in the Tapis Rouge section it was tough but I managed to pull through OK after many complimentary beers and food.

I would give it a big thumbs up and would have no problems recommending anyone to go along if they can.
Old Jan 5th 2009, 6:28 am
Brisbane's friendly cop

Scubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond repute

We went to see Dralion in Brisbane on NYE and it was excellent. We'd been to see one of the older shows a couple of years ago in London and really enjoyed them both. I just wouldn't believe a human body could do some of the things they do apart from I was seeing someone do it right in front of my eyes. Amazing!

MiL's birthday in a few days so we've bought her tickets to see it too so hopefully they'll enjoy it as much as we did.

Oh, and we parked on the road outside so had no parking problems, and it was free
Old Jan 5th 2009, 8:26 am
BE Enthusiast

Exile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond repute

We saw Varekai a year or two ago in Perth.

Absolutely amazing show -- costumes, music, performances, all brilliant. Would highly recommend it.