Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Would you use the immigration dob in line?

Would you use the immigration dob in line?

Old Jul 6th 2006, 11:51 pm
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Would you use the immigration dob in line?

Originally Posted by The Bloke
think it may have been in NZ
Then the real question is "where was his sheep during this"?

Kiwichild - you reading this? they are slagging kiwi's with silly sheep jokes
Old Jul 6th 2006, 11:54 pm
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by seang
Then the real question is "where was his sheep during this"?

Kiwichild - you reading this? they are slagging kiwi's with silly sheep jokes
As I said I think it was New Zealand, but then it was sometime ago.
Old Jul 6th 2006, 11:56 pm
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by seang
dob them in. bloody foreigners
yeah spot on Sean. And they cant spell hahahaha.....oh wait ..err
Old Jul 7th 2006, 12:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Teliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Perthforme
Yeah dob the mongrels in !
Cost me a fortune to get here the right way ! Why should others get to stay via the back door !
Yeah I would love to actually but it appears that DIMIA aren't interested unless you have an address for the person! (according to the website). So I'm afraid there appears to be nothing that can be done.
Old Jul 7th 2006, 12:05 am
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Teliko21
Yeah I would love to actually but it appears that DIMIA aren't interested unless you have an address for the person! (according to the website). So I'm afraid there appears to be nothing that can be done.
To be filed by DIMIA under "too much work", or "too close to knock-off"?
Old Jul 7th 2006, 12:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Teliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond repute

To be filed by DIMIA under "too much work", or "too close to knock-off"?
Yeah exactly! You woudl think that Name, DOB, Sponsor name and visa grant date would be enough for them to figure it out but apparently not Unless they can just rock up to the person's address it seems like too much work for em
Old Jul 7th 2006, 12:41 am
Tiny Member

tucs is on a distinguished road

Yeah exactly! You woudl think that Name, DOB, Sponsor name and visa grant date would be enough for them to figure it out but apparently not Unless they can just rock up to the person's address it seems like too much work for em

so you did rat them up.
Do you mind explaining what it has got to do with you?
Old Jul 7th 2006, 12:43 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by tucs
so you did rat them up.
Do you mind explaining what it has got to do with you?
Ummm I never said I had ratted them up actually and no I didn't before you ask
Old Jul 7th 2006, 12:44 am
Take it easy

Shakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond repute

Sometime within the last 12 months or so, I think it may have been in NZ(and no I don't have a link Vash ), a bloke was done for speeding. The only difference is he was steering with one foot :scared: on the steering wheel and the other on the accelartor.
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=372860

post 2
Old Jul 7th 2006, 12:49 am
Tiny Member

Ummm I never said I had ratted them up actually and no I didn't before you ask
Thought you said you tried but didnt have their home address, the information you gave was not enough. Maybe i misread, sorry.
Still would like to know why it has effected you to an extent that you want to get someone deported, if you want to tell that is.
Old Jul 7th 2006, 12:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by tucs
Thought you said you tried but didnt have their home address, the information you gave was not enough. Maybe i misread, sorry.
Still would like to know why it has effected you to an extent that you want to get someone deported, if you want to tell that is.
Nope I have never tried to get anyone deported. Yes I know someone is here illegally but I don't have enough info to do anything about it even if I wanted to.

It just makes me angry that people are here illegally when I think of all the loopholes I had to go through to be here legally. I can't help thinking that is it because of such people that the process is made so hard and expeisive for people. If you knew something of all the problems (as far as visas go) I have had over the 5 years I have been in Australia perhaps you would feel the same way as me

I've never dobbed dobbed anyone in for anything as far as I know (brotherly and sisterly arguments excepted ) but as I say I can't stand it when I see so many people fighting so hard to get here and there are people just blatantly taking the p**s of the whole process (in my eyes).

Hope this makes sense
Old Jul 7th 2006, 1:00 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

if only that were grounds for deportation
it should be
Old Jul 7th 2006, 1:07 am
Tiny Member

Nope I have never tried to get anyone deported. Yes I know someone is here illegally but I don't have enough info to do anything about it even if I wanted to.

It just makes me angry that people are here illegally when I think of all the loopholes I had to go through to be here legally. I can't help thinking that is it because of such people that the process is made so hard and expeisive for people. If you knew something of all the problems (as far as visas go) I have had over the 5 years I have been in Australia perhaps you would feel the same way as me

I've never dobbed dobbed anyone in for anything as far as I know (brotherly and sisterly arguments excepted ) but as I say I can't stand it when I see so many people fighting so hard to get here and there are people just blatantly taking the p**s of the whole process (in my eyes).

Hope this makes sense
Thanks for explaining, i just couldnt work out why anyone would want to get someone deported.
First 2 occasions i went to New York i only met people staying there "illegaly"
Parts of America is just full of them. Just never felt like i want to inform on anyone, in a strange way i felt sorry for them.
Your visa took a long time but you can now come and go as you please, it would be very difficult for these people to return home for a sick relative or just a visit. I would hate to live with the constant threat of being thrown out.
Old Jul 7th 2006, 1:19 am
NorthLakes, Brissy

wargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by thebears
Would surely like to dob in the idiot I saw driving today with a mobile phone. How does one stay in control with bottle of coke, pie in each hand and phone clapped to ear.
Gets on yer wick doesnt it, i mean the bloody Coke stains everything
Old Jul 7th 2006, 1:28 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

If you knew someone was here and not abiding by the rules of their visa would you dob them in?
No it wouldn't enter my mind for a second, in fact if they told me I'd tell them to be more careful who they told as some people would grass them, I'm obviously not wrong. Yes i had to jump through hoops to get here but I don't think it makes me more deserving of living here.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.