Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Would you swap Shockingham for......

Would you swap Shockingham for......

Old Sep 18th 2011, 1:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Would you swap Shockingham for......

5 acres, new 4x2, 3 stables and four fenced paddocks out whoop whoop?

Got the chance to do it

But what about the kids, ok there are school buses and there's sure to be an ed support unit somewhere... Mumbles already spends an hour and fifteen minutes on a bus morning and evening...

mumbles has scouts... That he loves and has just started Hip Hop dancing

gorgeous has a whole social life

kevin FIFO between us and THE1's parents...

We can walk to the beach, and I do

we can walk to the city centre, and I do

The kids can walk to school, and they do (apart from mumbles and his bus)

It takes me 7 minutes to drive to work, not 45

It takes HIM 15 minutes to drive to work not 50

I can walk to coles and pick up a pint of milk whenever I want

We live within walking of every takeaway and restaurant in shockingham

We live within walking of two cinemas..

We have no snakes on our block.

the new marina development has got the go ahead and will be across the road and straight down the road to the mariner, Making this house a potential goldmine

got one of THE best houses in one of the best locations in Shockingham... Shockinghams best kept secret place...

WTF am I thinking.... ????? Why do I want 5 acres in the middle of nowhere?

So WHY the heck would we do this to them??????
Old Sep 18th 2011, 2:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

deb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Would you swap Shockingham for......

Answered your own post i think
Old Sep 18th 2011, 2:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by deb68
Yup... Its the 5 acres and 3 stables .... Will win hands down every time...
Old Sep 18th 2011, 2:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute

Were you moving so that your parents can live on the property with you.If you stay where you are is there plenty room for them,Can the money that you were going to spend on moving make some improvements to your existing houes.?
Waiting to be a grown-up

rasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by eddie007
Sold...

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

You are tempted arent you....

( I would be)
Old Sep 18th 2011, 2:13 pm
Forum Regular

Jackier is just really niceJackier is just really niceJackier is just really niceJackier is just really niceJackier is just really niceJackier is just really niceJackier is just really niceJackier is just really niceJackier is just really niceJackier is just really niceJackier is just really nice

Originally Posted by deb68
My BIL and family had a perfectly fine life in Joondalup but decided to move to a 5 acre block in Bullsbrook 2 years ago. Took a little while to settle in, bit they're all loving it out there. The kids have settled into school, the've got horses and quad bikes and I swear there social life is busier than ours and we're in the inner suburbs of Perth. If it's what you want, go for it!
Old Sep 18th 2011, 2:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by irishbloo
Were you moving so that your parents can live on the property with you.If you stay where you are is there plenty room for them,Can the money that you were going to spend on moving make some improvements to your existing houes.?
thats the crux of the matter... The extra cash would make the move possible... Or we loose a large chunck of our house to them and live on top of each other... This property has a huge buiding envelope and we can build them something separate OR add onto the existing so we dont loose out....

them spending a heap of money converting doesnt make sense, but locally we wont get the house/space to do that... So not worth looking local... casuarina is a very viable option, but I've found a dream home or two in serpentine...

Suppose I need to spend this next week researching what there is out there.... Apart from miles of nothing...

Much of the decision is based on parents/accommodation... But some of it is also based on Mumbles needs... He loves riding, loves animals, and is very responsible when it comes to feeding, cleaning up after, walking, looking after our existing menagerie... one of the properties we are looking at is an adjistment place, so he could have work that interests him... At home... Or we could be training him up, giving him the skills he needs for farm work... Which is what he has wanted to do for a while now... And situate him for future work on local farms/properties...

And to be honest, I grew up with horses, and I miss them like you wouldnt believe, MY australian dream was always acres and animals...

Spending time at THE1s family home in Mundijong has reminded HIM how much HE loves the countryside (we both lived in a relatively small village growing up) HE loves doing stuff outdoors... And the kids can have motorbikes again...

Another one is solar/water self sufficient... We can have chooks, and grow our own veggies and meat as well as have horses.... A third is a farmlet with avocado trees and macadamias... Another job for life for mumbles....

we dont HAVE to make a decision today... But I have a lot to think about over the next few weeks...
Old Sep 18th 2011, 2:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
You are tempted arent you....

( I would be)
Very
Old Sep 18th 2011, 2:36 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

thats the crux of the matter... The extra cash would make the move possible... Or we loose a large chunck of our house to them and live on top of each other... This property has a huge buiding envelope and we can build them something separate OR add onto the existing so we dont loose out....

them spending a heap of money converting doesnt make sense, but locally we wont get the house/space to do that... So not worth looking local... casuarina is a very viable option, but I've found a dream home or two in serpentine...

Suppose I need to spend this next week researching what there is out there.... Apart from miles of nothing...

Much of the decision is based on parents/accommodation... But some of it is also based on Mumbles needs... He loves riding, loves animals, and is very responsible when it comes to feeding, cleaning up after, walking, looking after our existing menagerie... one of the properties we are looking at is an adjistment place, so he could have work that interests him... At home... Or we could be training him up, giving him the skills he needs for farm work... Which is what he has wanted to do for a while now... And situate him for future work on local farms/properties...

And to be honest, I grew up with horses, and I miss them like you wouldnt believe, MY australian dream was always acres and animals...

Spending time at THE1s family home in Mundijong has reminded HIM how much HE loves the countryside (we both lived in a relatively small village growing up) HE loves doing stuff outdoors... And the kids can have motorbikes again...

Another one is solar/water self sufficient... We can have chooks, and grow our own veggies and meat as well as have horses.... A third is a farmlet with avocado trees and macadamias... Another job for life for mumbles....

we dont HAVE to make a decision today... But I have a lot to think about over the next few weeks...
I think its a great idea, I love the countryside and would dream to live somewhere like that - the middle of nowhere would suit me very well. I love wildlife and open space.

You moved to Rockingham, you settled and made a life, I bet you would make an equally nice life in this new place and my god what a great experience for your kids - to grow up in that kind of environment.
Old Sep 18th 2011, 2:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute

Have you looked at property in Stake Hill.My best friend lives there.The children get the bus to and from school.They have had chickens,goats and other animals.I think she can be in Mandurah in about 20 minutes.Shes forever asking us to move down there.Its tempting but we dont want to move the kids from school again.
Old Sep 18th 2011, 3:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by irishbloo
Have you looked at property in Stake Hill.My best friend lives there.The children get the bus to and from school.They have had chickens,goats and other animals.I think she can be in Mandurah in about 20 minutes.Shes forever asking us to move down there.Its tempting but we dont want to move the kids from school again.
Nope, but I'll check that area out too....
Old Sep 18th 2011, 4:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Loch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to behold

Do it. Live the country lifestyle.
Old Sep 19th 2011, 3:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OMG

Just had phone call from EA from one of the random emails I sent yesterday saying... If anything comes up...that might meet our needs .. In our price range anywhere between out whoop whoop and shockingham etc.... SHE has just had a phone call from a seller saying they will reduce price of 5 acres 5x 3 10 minute drive away to our max.... Looks fantastic!!!!

AND its licensed for horses!!!!!

wrote it off when we saw it because our max would have been an insulting offer imho....

All we have to do is lay back lawn, touch up paint work...put ours on the market and sell sell sell!!!!

Anyone want to buy prime shocko house?
Old Sep 19th 2011, 4:41 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

wrote it off when we saw it because our max would have been an insulting offer imho....
If you are not embarrassed by your initial offer, it's too high. Lowball them their new price.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.