CasG is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Wot about the footy ?

Originally Posted by Wife Beater
Waey aye man.
Yer wot?

If that is to do with getting drunk - could do with that
Old Jun 6th 2006, 11:57 pm
Banned

Wife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carolinegorka
Yer wot?

If that is to do with getting drunk - could do with that
Part of a day at the football includes binge drinking and laying a pavement pizza.
Old Jun 6th 2006, 11:58 pm
Account Closed

Part of a day at the football includes binge drinking and laying a pavement pizza.
What's a pavement pizza?

I'll do the other
Old Jun 7th 2006, 12:05 am
Banned

Wife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond repute

What's a pavement pizza?

You know, a multi colour yawn.
Old Jun 7th 2006, 12:07 am
Account Closed

You know, a multi colour yawn.
I'll get pissed with you...but not doing that
Old Jun 7th 2006, 12:09 am
Banned

I'll get pissed with you...but not doing that
How do you stop it? I have tried for years to perfect the art of not delivering a pavement pizza with little success. What is your trick?
Old Jun 7th 2006, 12:11 am
Account Closed

How do you stop it? I have tried for years to perfect the art of not delivering a pavement pizza with little success. What is your trick?
Jack Daniels
Old Jun 7th 2006, 12:14 am
Banned

Jack Daniels
Tried that and still ended up pebble dashing the side wall of the pub and a sink in some random guy's house.

Only thing that seems to have limited success for me is to drink PLENTY of water in the 24 hour run up to a planned major binge and eat a lot of carbs in the hours before my first beer.
These things are planned with military precision.
Old Jun 7th 2006, 12:16 am
Account Closed

Tried that and still ended up pebble dashing the side wall of the pub and a sink in some random guy's house.

Only thing that seems to have limited success for me is to drink PLENTY of water in the 24 hour run up to a planned major binge and eat a lot of carbs in the hours before my first beer.
These things are planned with military precision.
LOL - I just open a bottle of JD has to be straight though ...no mucking it about
Old Jun 7th 2006, 12:22 am
Banned

LOL - I just open a bottle of JD has to be straight though ...no mucking it about
Bloody alcoholic.
Old Jun 7th 2006, 12:42 am
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

Ask the barman to stop putting lager and cider in the same glass (with a dash of black)
Old Jun 7th 2006, 12:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

BenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond repute

Come on, be serious for one minute.

The game is essentially rubbish and the whole of the civilised world knows it. Thank heavens above that it is not a big thing here in Qld because it would be really annoying having to listen to the gob shites at work talk about the way some guy tapped the ball between the posts and the man in the white jacket put his fingers up. It is bad enough listening to the talk of the NRL but at least that is watchable and a game does not last 3 weeks either.

Give me the beautiful game any day of the week.

This is exactly my point, I couldn't give 2 tosses for the game, and it appears nor could the rest of the World. Given that it has been around for donkey's ages, Aussie Rules has absolutely failed to make people in other countries say "Wow, this sport is fantastic. I love the way those blokes with 80's style cap sleeve shirts and dodgy hair play such an interesting stop/start game that involves scoring through an area the size of most other sport's pitches. The singing of a ridiculous 50's style song to round it all off really makes it special".

If it was such a great sport, it has had more than enough time to establish a reasonable size league in at least one other country. When there are so many other choices, it simply isn't interesting enough to watch. People vote with their feet and they aren't rushing to watch Aussie Rules.

Given that Aussie Rules is one of the most popular spectator sports in Australia, the low level of actual participation is amusing. In it's desperation to be like America, is Australia producing a nation of sports fans who are happy to sit in front of their big screen TV's, but can't shift their fat arses to actually get out there and kick a ball about ? The Great Sporting Nation thing is an absolute joke.

In the grand scheme of things, Aussie Rules can be seen as a bit of a joke. I would rather watch Gaelic Football; at least they still have a goal to score in which requires a degree of skill.
Old Jun 7th 2006, 12:30 pm
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BenandPam
This is exactly my point, I couldn't give 2 tosses for the game, and it appears nor could the rest of the World. Given that it has been around for donkey's ages, Aussie Rules has absolutely failed to make people in other countries say "Wow, this sport is fantastic. I love the way those blokes with 80's style cap sleeve shirts and dodgy hair play such an interesting stop/start game that involves scoring through an area the size of most other sport's pitches. The singing of a ridiculous 50's style song to round it all off really makes it special".

If it was such a great sport, it has had more than enough time to establish a reasonable size league in at least one other country. When there are so many other choices, it simply isn't interesting enough to watch. People vote with their feet and they aren't rushing to watch Aussie Rules.

Given that Aussie Rules is one of the most popular spectator sports in Australia, the low level of actual participation is amusing. In it's desperation to be like America, is Australia producing a nation of sports fans who are happy to sit in front of their big screen TV's, but can't shift their fat arses to actually get out there and kick a ball about ? The Great Sporting Nation thing is an absolute joke.

In the grand scheme of things, Aussie Rules can be seen as a bit of a joke. I would rather watch Gaelic Football; at least they still have a goal to score in which requires a degree of skill.
I must admit that I thought Aussie Rules was less skillful until I played a couple of games.
Old Jun 7th 2006, 12:30 pm
Scottish Aussie ©

Scossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BenandPam

Nearly as much skill as it takes you to balance the sack of King Edwards you have on your shoulder all day!
Old Jun 7th 2006, 12:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

BenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scossie
Nearly as much skill as it takes you to balance the sack of King Edwards you have on your shoulder all day!
You have got to love people with nothing to say who resort to personal attacks . Say something sensible or don't say anything.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.