Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Worzel makes a guest appearance

Wikiposts

Worzel makes a guest appearance

Old Dec 15th 2006, 1:38 pm
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute
Default Worzel makes a guest appearance

Hi All, howyagarn?

I know I left a couple of months ago but I am back for a few weeks as I have nothing else better to do...

Besides the Xmas break, I became unemployed yesterday. I took a gamble 3 months ago to leave a reasonably well paid job that I enjoyed to take a high paid / big responsibility job. All my fears came true - my boss stole my work for his own, never supported me or gave me the staff I needed so I was doing 4 jobs at once, sent me emails bordering on the abusive laden with exclamation marks and generally piled on the pressure beyond what was possible. My trips to Melbourne every 4 weeks or so turned out to be every two weeks (so all I was good for at weekends was sleeping), I was working for a guy below the level I was led to believe and they appointed someone to do the strategy part of the job the week after I started which was the part of the job that attracted me. The good social scene I was promised was actually one drink after work (90 mins) once in 3 months until the Xmas party (on a Thursday with a 7pm finish).

So it was with great relief they are not extending me post my proby period. I was going to look for a new job after Xmas anyway.

I got the doctor to sign me off for a couple of days and effectively I was sacked for being ill but they could do what they like as I was still under probation.

The better news was they paid me a months signing on fee 3 months ago and are paying me until the end of January. So I am looking at 4 weeks off over Xmas without worrying about money. Woohoo!
Old Dec 15th 2006, 1:40 pm
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Worzel makes a guest appearance

Originally Posted by worzel
Hi All, howyagarn?

I know I left a couple of months ago but I am back for a few weeks as I have nothing else better to do...

Besides the Xmas break, I became unemployed yesterday. I took a gamble 3 months ago to leave a reasonably well paid job that I enjoyed to take a high paid / big responsibility job. All my fears came true - my boss stole my work for his own, never supported me or gave me the staff I needed so I was doing 4 jobs at once, sent me emails bordering on the abusive laden with exclamation marks and generally piled on the pressure beyond what was possible. My trips to Melbourne every 4 weeks or so turned out to be every two weeks (so all I was good for at weekends was sleeping), I was working for a guy below the level I was led to believe and they appointed someone to do the strategy part of the job the week after I started which was the part of the job that attracted me. The good social scene I was promised was actually one drink after work (90 mins) once in 3 months until the Xmas party (on a Thursday with a 7pm finish).

So it was with great relief they are not extending me post my proby period. I was going to look for a new job after Xmas anyway.

I got the doctor to sign me off for a couple of days and effectively I was sacked for being ill but they could do what they like as I was still under probation.

The better news was they paid me a months signing on fee 3 months ago and are paying me until the end of January. So I am looking at 4 weeks off over Xmas without worrying about money. Woohoo!
Hi good to hear from you. Bummer about the crap job but good news about the funds over the Xmas. Hope you find something soon and have a good time.

Cheers

Ginny
Old Dec 15th 2006, 2:09 pm
Account Closed

Nomore is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All, howyagarn?

Hi Worzel...what bad luck that was!
Well have a good 4 weeks off on your Xmas hols...and hopefully might see you one day in the new Carramar pub if it ever gets built
Old Dec 15th 2006, 4:35 pm
Account Closed

phoenixinoz is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All, howyagarn?

Sorry to hear you had a bummer of a job there Worzel...sounds like they did you a favour

Ahh well.....it's a fabby country apart from the work ethics so make the most of Xmas and New year then dust yersen down and go look for another.

I've found working for global companies to be the best as they are more professional and less parochial. Mateship, nepotism and sexism isn't quite so rife so working for people with a lower IQ than your dog is less of a problem, although it exists.... it's less prevalent. Of course it aint allus that easy to choose who you work for. Just a thought that's all....

Good luck. Make the best of the time off and chill out while you can. Onwards and upwards
Old Dec 17th 2006, 3:21 pm
Breeding little aussies

movetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Worzel

Nothing ventured nothing gained eh??

You don't sound too dissapointed about it and whats the bets something that will suit you down to the ground is just around the corner waiting for you.

And lets face it what better time of year could there be for 4 weeks paid leave, enjoy it

Lynn
Old Dec 17th 2006, 5:08 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Hi All, howyagarn?

Nice to see you back. What will you do, I seem to recall reading in your blog that RT would have you back.
Old Dec 17th 2006, 7:21 pm
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northernbird
Nice to see you back. What will you do, I seem to recall reading in your blog that RT would have you back.
They did say that when I left but times move on I guess. I am out with a guy that used to work for me on Friday so will tap up my old boss then. I am in no hurry - I have decided not to chase a career anymore - so long as I can earn enough to pay the bills and have some left over for days out etc I am going to do what I always intended when I came over and focus on family and enjoying life.
Old Dec 17th 2006, 7:25 pm
A former regular of BE

Originally Posted by movetoperth
Hi Worzel

Nothing ventured nothing gained eh??

You don't sound too dissapointed about it and whats the bets something that will suit you down to the ground is just around the corner waiting for you.

And lets face it what better time of year could there be for 4 weeks paid leave, enjoy it

Lynn
I am still angry with my old boss but totally convinced it was for the best. A few people have already commented that I look a lot better for it. My only worry is that with Perth being such a small place it may come back to haunt me if that git carries on spreading muck.

Thanks to my new found freedom and a third hand free ticket (thanks Steve) I was able to be at the WACA today as Australia regained the Ashes. Leaving that company is already paying dividends
Old Dec 17th 2006, 8:19 pm

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point

I am still angry with my old boss but totally convinced it was for the best. A few people have already commented that I look a lot better for it. My only worry is that with Perth being such a small place it may come back to haunt me if that git carries on spreading muck.

Thanks to my new found freedom and a third hand free ticket (thanks Steve) I was able to be at the WACA today as Australia regained the Ashes. Leaving that company is already paying dividends
Glad you enjoyed it , see you sat
Old Dec 17th 2006, 8:21 pm
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Worzel,

good to see you on here, but so sorry to hear that you've lost your job. But by your account, you're better off out of there. Hope your meeting with your old colleague goes well and that you can get a job back at RT in the new year.

Hope you can enjoy Christmas despite all of this.

Gina
Old Dec 17th 2006, 9:55 pm
A former regular of BE

Originally Posted by GinaUK
Hi Worzel,

good to see you on here, but so sorry to hear that you've lost your job. But by your account, you're better off out of there. Hope your meeting with your old colleague goes well and that you can get a job back at RT in the new year.

Hope you can enjoy Christmas despite all of this.

Gina
Cheers. I will enjoy Xmas more because of it rather than despite it!
Old Dec 17th 2006, 11:15 pm
Account Closed

sassycat is an unknown quantity at this point

Cheers. I will enjoy Xmas more because of it rather than despite it!

Im my humble opinion all things happen for a reason - something fantastic is just round the corner - enjoy

Love SC

x-x-x-x