Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Worth going to see the giants in Perth on Sunday ? What do you reckon ?

Worth going to see the giants in Perth on Sunday ? What do you reckon ?

Old Feb 14th 2015, 2:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: In the tree across the road, watching you with binoculars.
elmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond repute
Default Worth going to see the giants in Perth on Sunday ? What do you reckon ?

Live in the northern suburbs.
Old Feb 14th 2015, 9:57 pm
Alone again, naturally

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Worth going to see the giants in Perth on Sunday ? What do you reckon ?

Originally Posted by elmtree View Post
My nephew went to see them in Liverpool, reckoned they were pretty awesome, so if they are the same ones it might be worth a trip in
Old Feb 15th 2015, 2:29 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Worth going to see the giants in Perth on Sunday ? What do you reckon ?

Originally Posted by elmtree View Post
I had to go into the city yesterday and caught glimpses of them - they certainly are impressive, but the crowds........

I don't think I've ever seen so many people in the city. I couldn'r even get back to the station to catch my train home it was so busy

They are at Langley Park today which is a large open space but if the half a million people that they are expecting turn up it won't be too much fun! That's a quarter of the city's population. It will be a mission to get home through that

The weather is perfect today though - a high of 30 and clear skies

Same event as Liverpool had last year P
Old Feb 15th 2015, 2:50 am
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu View Post
I had to go into the city yesterday and caught glimpses of them - they certainly are impressive, but the crowds........

I don't think I've ever seen so many people in the city. I couldn'r even get back to the station to catch my train home it was so busy

They are at Langley Park today which is a large open space but if the half a million people that they are expecting turn up it won't be too much fun! That's a quarter of the city's population. It will be a mission to get home through that

We are contemplating going in but will drive.Drove in to Northbridge yesterday,no dramas.I think they are only at the park till around one.
Old Feb 15th 2015, 2:57 am
Alone again, naturally

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

He had some brilliant photos from Liverpool so it should be fun
Old Feb 15th 2015, 3:01 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry i didn't stop to give you my loose change,i had a beer to catch
Old Feb 15th 2015, 3:25 am
Alone again, naturally

Originally Posted by Bernieboy View Post
Sorry i didn't stop to give you my loose change,i had a beer to catch
You could've taken him for a beer i thought you two were going to meet up some time and settle your differences...!
Old Feb 15th 2015, 3:35 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by irishbloo View Post
We are contemplating going in but will drive.Drove in to Northbridge yesterday,no dramas.I think they are only at the park till around one.
No problems parking at East Perth station but the train was rammed and when I got into the city it was heaving. Getting back to the station was a major PITA as most access points were closed. I had to go all the way around to the underground station

It will be worse today
Old Feb 15th 2015, 8:19 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

You know nothing much goes on in Perth if half a million people turn out to see a giant puppet!
Old Feb 15th 2015, 12:09 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by renth View Post
You know nothing much goes on in Perth if half a million people turn out to see a giant puppet!
Weren't there two? And didn't one of them cop a squat in the street? What more could you want?
Old Feb 15th 2015, 1:21 pm

Kelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond repute

I went today train was good both ways but stopped and had a few drinks in city before the trip back I needed it after those crowds!
Old Feb 16th 2015, 12:12 am
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute

We went and drove. Plenty of parking available in the city and only a $2 fee on the road and roads were quiet - came up from mandurah and very easy.

Thought the show though was crap. Most people could barely see them. We were about half way along the park. All they did was stand up, play music for 2 hours and that was about it. The dullest thing I have ever seen.