British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Barbie (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/)
-   -   Worth going to see the giants in Perth on Sunday ? What do you reckon ? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/worth-going-see-giants-perth-sunday-what-do-you-reckon-852718/)

elmtree Feb 14th 2015 1:18 pm

Worth going to see the giants in Perth on Sunday ? What do you reckon ?

Live in the northern suburbs.

Pollyana Feb 14th 2015 8:57 pm

Re: Worth going to see the giants in Perth on Sunday ? What do you reckon ?

Originally Posted by elmtree (Post 11565429)

My nephew went to see them in Liverpool, reckoned they were pretty awesome, so if they are the same ones it might be worth a trip in :thumbup:

Amazulu Feb 15th 2015 1:29 am

Originally Posted by elmtree (Post 11565429)

I had to go into the city yesterday and caught glimpses of them - they certainly are impressive, but the crowds........

I don't think I've ever seen so many people in the city. I couldn'r even get back to the station to catch my train home it was so busy

They are at Langley Park today which is a large open space but if the half a million people that they are expecting turn up it won't be too much fun! That's a quarter of the city's population. It will be a mission to get home through that

The weather is perfect today though - a high of 30 and clear skies

Same event as Liverpool had last year P

irishbloo Feb 15th 2015 1:50 am

Originally Posted by Amazulu (Post 11565788)
I had to go into the city yesterday and caught glimpses of them - they certainly are impressive, but the crowds........

I don't think I've ever seen so many people in the city. I couldn'r even get back to the station to catch my train home it was so busy

They are at Langley Park today which is a large open space but if the half a million people that they are expecting turn up it won't be too much fun! That's a quarter of the city's population. It will be a mission to get home through that

We are contemplating going in but will drive.Drove in to Northbridge yesterday,no dramas.I think they are only at the park till around one.

Pollyana Feb 15th 2015 1:57 am

:thumbup: He had some brilliant photos from Liverpool so it should be fun :)

Bernieboy Feb 15th 2015 2:01 am

Sorry i didn't stop to give you my loose change,i had a beer to catch;)

Pollyana Feb 15th 2015 2:25 am

Originally Posted by Bernieboy (Post 11565800)
Sorry i didn't stop to give you my loose change,i had a beer to catch;)

You could've taken him for a beer :p i thought you two were going to meet up some time and settle your differences...!:eek::sneaky:

Amazulu Feb 15th 2015 2:35 am

Originally Posted by irishbloo (Post 11565792)
We are contemplating going in but will drive.Drove in to Northbridge yesterday,no dramas.I think they are only at the park till around one.

No problems parking at East Perth station but the train was rammed and when I got into the city it was heaving. Getting back to the station was a major PITA as most access points were closed. I had to go all the way around to the underground station

It will be worse today

renth Feb 15th 2015 7:19 am

You know nothing much goes on in Perth if half a million people turn out to see a giant puppet!

moneypenny20 Feb 15th 2015 11:09 am

Originally Posted by renth (Post 11565922)
You know nothing much goes on in Perth if half a million people turn out to see a giant puppet!

Weren't there two? And didn't one of them cop a squat in the street? What more could you want? :blink:

Kelli28 Feb 15th 2015 12:21 pm

I went today train was good both ways but stopped and had a few drinks in city before the trip back I needed it after those crowds!

verystormy Feb 15th 2015 11:12 pm

We went and drove. Plenty of parking available in the city and only a $2 fee on the road and roads were quiet - came up from mandurah and very easy.

Thought the show though was crap. Most people could barely see them. We were about half way along the park. All they did was stand up, play music for 2 hours and that was about it. The dullest thing I have ever seen.