Worst gig ever

Old Jul 13th 2009, 12:19 am
A lion in your lap

elfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Worst gig ever

I saw an awful lot of very ordinary and sometimes totally crap indie bands in the late 80s/early 90s but the only gig that springs to mind that made me actually angry was Bjorn Again at Bristol Uni in 1992. They double booked themselves with the Bristol gig and an appearance on Top of the Pops on the same night, which meant that they finally appeared on stage at about 11:40pm, played for 20 minutes and then buggered off. The student union ticket office was beseiged by people demanding their money back.
Old Jul 13th 2009, 12:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Sherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by elfman
I saw an awful lot of very ordinary and sometimes totally crap indie bands in the late 80s/early 90s but the only gig that springs to mind that made me actually angry was Bjorn Again at Bristol Uni in 1992. They double booked themselves with the Bristol gig and an appearance on Top of the Pops on the same night, which meant that they finally appeared on stage at about 11:40pm, played for 20 minutes and then buggered off. The student union ticket office was beseiged by people demanding their money back.
yeah I saw Bjorn Again 18 months ago at a corporate gig, they were dreadful. Most of the music was coming from a midi file they were just playing lazily along with and the crowd got bored so they started playing Bon Jovi????
Old Jul 13th 2009, 4:25 am
Demi-God

Burbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sherro
yeah I saw Bjorn Again 18 months ago at a corporate gig, they were dreadful. Most of the music was coming from a midi file they were just playing lazily along with and the crowd got bored so they started playing Bon Jovi????
Clapton at Wembley. He started with Layla and 40 minutes later he was still playing the guitar solo improvisation. It was boring as batsh1t
Old Jul 13th 2009, 4:41 am
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Burbage
Clapton at Wembley. He started with Layla and 40 minutes later he was still playing the guitar solo improvisation. It was boring as batsh1t
Clapton is boring as batsh!t full stop
Old Jul 13th 2009, 7:06 am
Capt Hilts

coolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ann m
Best gig I ever went to was U2 in Hammersmith, supported by Big Country and The Alarm! (few years ago, obviously)

Worst was probably Sade. Music to snooze to. S'pose she wasn't that bad, but just not my cuppa ...
Saw Big Country in the '80's supporting David Bowie at Wembley, they were great.

Cooler
Old Jul 13th 2009, 10:35 am
kneading my cushion

webgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by jazzys
U2 in sydney, 1989. With BB king. Loada shite.
Second worst The Pogues, shane McGowan completely plastered, helped on stage, propped up by a mike stand then helped off again.

Jazzys
Was that Pogues gig, early 1990 in Sydney somewhere in the northern suburbs? I remember him being absolutely smashed.
Old Jul 13th 2009, 11:41 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by webgum
Was that Pogues gig, early 1990 in Sydney somewhere in the northern suburbs? I remember him being absolutely smashed.
Has he ever performed sober?
Old Jul 13th 2009, 2:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

twhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Has he ever performed sober?
Worst gig I saw was Pogues without Shane. Best gig I saw was Pogues with Shane and Joe Strummer.
Another crap gig I saw was Waterboys without the fiddle player absolute crap
Old Jul 13th 2009, 2:38 pm
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by twhurl
Worst gig I saw was Pogues without Shane. Best gig I saw was Pogues with Shane and Joe Strummer.
Another crap gig I saw was Waterboys without the fiddle player absolute crap
I saw Shane with the Dubliners and what a gig - he came on with holes in his dirty suit and a bottle of beer in one hand, a ciggie in another - and sang his wee heart oot, it was brilliant!
Old Jul 13th 2009, 4:25 pm
A lion in your lap

elfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scottishcelts
I saw Shane with the Dubliners and what a gig - he came on with holes in his dirty suit and a bottle of beer in one hand, a ciggie in another - and sang his wee heart oot, it was brilliant!
I've seen the Pogues live with Shane several times in the last five years and the strange thing about his stage performance is that between songs he shambles about muttering like an old wino but then when he sings he suddenly becomes infinitely more coherent.
Old Jul 13th 2009, 8:05 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Berkshire, UK for now... flying to Brisbane 11th June!
Jane and Jason has a spectacular aura aboutJane and Jason has a spectacular aura aboutJane and Jason has a spectacular aura about

Kelly Osborne supporting Robbie Williams at Knebworth, she was absolutely rubbish and kept swearing and shouting at some woman in the audience. She was a complete embarrassment.