Worrying about struggling when we make the move

Wikiposts

Worrying about struggling when we make the move

Old Aug 12th 2009, 3:59 am
Peace Frog

dodge26 will become famous soon enoughdodge26 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Worrying about struggling when we make the move

Originally Posted by al150n
I've been reading up on the schooling in the Perth area as that's where we're heading next year. I'm going to find it kind of odd as my son has just started pre-school here but when we move he'll be back home with me for about 9 months before he can start kindy. Not quite so bad for my daughter as she'll just continue in the equivalent of 4+ until starting in Year 1. She'd be due to move in to year 1 next September here but will move up the following February out there. Just means she'll have done nearly 2 years in 4+/Pre-preparatory.

We'll be in a similar boat to you when we move with regards to money. I'm currently work part time here but I'm lucky with the fact it's on a casual basis & I'm not committed to taking the shifts which means I can work around hubby & the kids. In some respects I'm glad I'll have one of the kids at home with me again once we move as I think having them both out of the house & hubby being at work would feel very lonely to start with. I'm sure it'll all work out one way or another though & there's no point worrying about it. It's a concern but so is leaving everyone behind, moving to the other side of the world, finding somewhere to live, etc etc.

Alison x
I know its slightly off the thread but when do they start school? We have got a 2 year old boy and hoping to be in OZ this time next year.
Old Aug 12th 2009, 8:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dodge26
I know its slightly off the thread but when do they start school? We have got a 2 year old boy and hoping to be in OZ this time next year.
Depends which state you move to but he's got a few years yet!
Old Aug 12th 2009, 10:34 pm
Peace Frog

Originally Posted by sallyclaire
Depends which state you move to but he's got a few years yet!
We are moving to perth and his birthday is at the end of January. Do they start as a 4 or 5 year old?
Old Aug 12th 2009, 10:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dodge26
We are moving to perth and his birthday is at the end of January. Do they start as a 4 or 5 year old?
I don't know about WA, sorry!
hopefully someone will be along shortly with the right info for you!

Just found this for you!

ABCDiamond's Blog

Location: Victoria Point, Redland City, Bayside, 36km S.E. of Brisbane

Re: school year (which one)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by donki
i have two children one born april 1995 one march 1997 which school year will they go in to

Current WA rules are:

They must turn 6 years of age by 30 June of the year they start Year 1.
They must turn 7 years of age by 30 June of the year they start Year 2
They must turn 8 years of age by 30 June of the year they start Year 3
They must turn 9 years of age by 30 June of the year they start Year 4
They must turn 10 years of age by 30 June of the year they start Year 5
They must turn 11 years of age by 30 June of the year they start Year 6
They must turn 12 years of age by 30 June of the year they start Year 7__________________
ABCDiamond - www.britzinoz.com - My Blog now shows my local weather since March 2008
Old Aug 13th 2009, 3:23 am
BE Enthusiast

aasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud of

My grandson is 4 in November and he starts kindy in Feb ,they are in Perth.Daughter (youngest) had to enrol him last Monday.They (school) are not sure if he will be going 2 days a week or 3 due to things changing with school age and hours req.Initially they start on 4 half days a week apparently then they go on and do 2 full days (3 with the changes being made).

Eldest grandaughter was 5 in July and she will be going 5 full days in Feb (eldest daughters family).

Hope you can work this out, maybe i have muddled things for you,and i haven't had a wee snifter either !!! (whisky)
Old Aug 14th 2009, 1:01 am
Peace Frog

Originally Posted by aasmith1957
My grandson is 4 in November and he starts kindy in Feb ,they are in Perth.Daughter (youngest) had to enrol him last Monday.They (school) are not sure if he will be going 2 days a week or 3 due to things changing with school age and hours req.Initially they start on 4 half days a week apparently then they go on and do 2 full days (3 with the changes being made).

Eldest grandaughter was 5 in July and she will be going 5 full days in Feb (eldest daughters family).

Hope you can work this out, maybe i have muddled things for you,and i haven't had a wee snifter either !!! (whisky)
Slightly murky but I think I get your point.
Old Sep 16th 2009, 12:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Mr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by suzyambrose
That put's my mind at ease a bit more thanks
Hey suzie, dont forget there is a job here potentilly if you make it down to melbourne

My manager has 2 kids, gets assistance from centrelink which basically pays his mortgage. we are used to earning a low income as barbers so we spread it out and he pays for 2 kids a mortgage and beer and running a house( he is building one at the moment 4 bed 2 bth double garage in point cook) at the cost of 303k after the FTB grant and its only 20 mins from cbd 5 mins to beach

He survives plenty and still puts money away.

Im single, i eat out really often and dont even feel like im a low earner. And if stew is good he will have a ob thatll earn him above average wages with potential to earn mre in the future.

I havent forgot

Al