World Gone Mad

Old Jan 31st 2009, 9:29 am
BE Forum Addict

Glasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond repute
Default World Gone Mad

Just seen this article. What on earth is the world coming to when a man can be killed in front of their child at a bustop in Britain? Animals that's all I can think.Shocking.

Sorry I can't do the link properly but it's on yahoo 7 news

http://au.news.yahoo.com/a/-newshome/5292223
Old Jan 31st 2009, 12:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: World Gone Mad

Originally Posted by Glasgowlass
Just seen this article. What on earth is the world coming to when a man can be killed in front of their child at a bustop in Britain? Animals that's all I can think.Shocking.

Sorry I can't do the link properly but it's on yahoo 7 news

http://au.news.yahoo.com/a/-newshome/5292223

Even more shocking is the local reaction, they are getting used to it in South London. Like they say 2 years ago they would have had 100 posts in 2 hours.... now only 25 posts in 24 hours.

http://forums.cpfc.org/showthread.php?t=180834
Old Jan 31st 2009, 12:25 pm
Swollen Member

Dougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud of

Yep just another night of vilonce all over the country i,m afraid

busy Liverpool street 1930

and not just this country as you all know.

Dougie
Old Jan 31st 2009, 7:21 pm
Forum Regular

meols12 has much to be proud ofmeols12 has much to be proud ofmeols12 has much to be proud ofmeols12 has much to be proud ofmeols12 has much to be proud ofmeols12 has much to be proud ofmeols12 has much to be proud ofmeols12 has much to be proud ofmeols12 has much to be proud ofmeols12 has much to be proud ofmeols12 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by DOUGIE AN LOUISE
Yep just another night of vilonce all over the country i,m afraid

busy Liverpool street 1930

and not just this country as you all know.

Dougie
I wouldn't say a shooting in Fazackerly, a large council estate on the edge of Liverpool, constitutes a night of violence all over the country. I don't think, living in the Wirral, that you need to be overly worried about it.
Old Jan 31st 2009, 8:37 pm
Swollen Member

Dougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by meols12
I wouldn't say a shooting in Fazackerly, a large council estate on the edge of Liverpool, constitutes a night of violence all over the country. I don't think, living in the Wirral, that you need to be overly worried about it.
Sorry meols, but my post regarding the shooting in Fazakerley was just another insight into the violent world that we live in which i belive was apparent to Glasgows initial thread?

It is violence, it was a night, and it was in this country, and that was just two reports 250 miles apart within the same 24hrs !

And i am also not that worried about it as its not exactly on my doorstep YET but that is just a matter of time IMO

Dougie
Old Jan 31st 2009, 9:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

As the saying goes... Same.....

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=588364
Old Jan 31st 2009, 9:02 pm
Forum Regular

meols12 has much to be proud ofmeols12 has much to be proud ofmeols12 has much to be proud ofmeols12 has much to be proud ofmeols12 has much to be proud ofmeols12 has much to be proud ofmeols12 has much to be proud ofmeols12 has much to be proud ofmeols12 has much to be proud ofmeols12 has much to be proud ofmeols12 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by DOUGIE AN LOUISE
Sorry meols, but my post regarding the shooting in Fazakerley was just another insight into the violent world that we live in which i belive was apparent to Glasgows initial thread?

It is violence, it was a night, and it was in this country, and that was just two reports 250 miles apart within the same 24hrs !

And i am also not that worried about it as its not exactly on my doorstep YET but that is just a matter of time IMO

Dougie
Which part of the Wirral do you live in Dougie?

I spent 30 odd years living in Meols/Hoylake and 5 years living in Liverpool, and therefore believe I'm in a position to say that a shooting in Fazakerley would have had no bearing on my life there. I speak regularly to friends and family on the Wirral, and from what I can gather their worries regarding violence are no different from when I left nearly 4 years ago. They don't feel threatened in their day to day lives.

Likewise, if you read Devlin's post on the Australia forum about the bashing in Melbourne CBD last night (about 1 1/4 hours drive from where I live), that in itself does not lead me to be worried that the threat of violence is encroaching on my doorstep.
Old Jan 31st 2009, 11:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Glasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond repute

Let's not argue . My concern was that this can and is happening on an increasingly regular basis in so called civilised countries or once safe places to live. Whether it's on our own doorstep or not I think it's a trend that we should all be worried about. It's a sharp decline in a regard for life and one humen being for another. IMO a change in collective conscience is required to stop this behaviour not an 'I'm all right jack' attitude.
Old Feb 1st 2009, 3:53 am
Swollen Member

Originally Posted by meols12
Which part of the Wirral do you live in Dougie?

I spent 30 odd years living in Meols/Hoylake and 5 years living in Liverpool, and therefore believe I'm in a position to say that a shooting in Fazakerley would have had no bearing on my life there. I speak regularly to friends and family on the Wirral, and from what I can gather their worries regarding violence are no different from when I left nearly 4 years ago. They don't feel threatened in their day to day lives.

Likewise, if you read Devlin's post on the Australia forum about the bashing in Melbourne CBD last night (about 1 1/4 hours drive from where I live), that in itself does not lead me to be worried that the threat of violence is encroaching on my doorstep.
Jeeeeeeeez you seem to have taken this the wrong way some how !!
Dont see what your problem is ??

I mearly replied to a thread that was about the shocking news of a young boxer getting killed in front of his even young daughter on his way to see his new born son in hospital !

And the initial reply by ozzieeagle regarding the locals reaction. I have never once said i was worried about anything!!

And unfornetunetly we do live in a viloent world and if i could be bothered i would look up via the WWW and prove that it was another ' night of vilonence' as i am sure that i could unearth alot more 'local' stories from around the country.
And that is only this country "England" I am also very sure i could 'if bothered or worried about' show links about a whole host of violent issues all over the entire world relating to that particular night, thus backing up my statement regarding 'another night of violence'

I live HERE for what its worth

So take off your bonnet and shake that Bee out of it

Dougie

Last edited by Dougie; Feb 1st 2009 at 3:55 am.