Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Working vs not Working- The hard Question.

Working vs not Working- The hard Question.

Old Oct 25th 2009, 2:19 pm
Forum Regular

australianinleicester has much to be proud ofaustralianinleicester has much to be proud ofaustralianinleicester has much to be proud ofaustralianinleicester has much to be proud ofaustralianinleicester has much to be proud ofaustralianinleicester has much to be proud ofaustralianinleicester has much to be proud ofaustralianinleicester has much to be proud ofaustralianinleicester has much to be proud ofaustralianinleicester has much to be proud ofaustralianinleicester has much to be proud of
Default Re: Working vs not Working- The hard Question.

Originally Posted by micknbeck
HI

Beck sent a further email chaser when she hadn't heard anything and still no reply.
I wanted to front up to the business and ask why but It would be embarrassing for her if i did though

Mick
A phone call is the way, an email can be ignored and turning up I think is a bit too much it can be taken the wrong way
Old Oct 25th 2009, 6:17 pm
Da bing bing!

JenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Ok. First thing is stop being condesending calling her "the little lady". Is she truly little or is this just your way of showing her who's boss at your house? Does she call you "the little man"?
Honestly Dorothy, is it any of your business what the man calls his wife? FWIW, My own OH calls me "his little one", him being 6'4 & all that. It's not his way of "showing who's the boss" & I don't feel the need to demean him by calling him "the little man".

Talk about blatant projection woman, it isn't condescending at all, so why not keep your nose out of other folks' relationships & your own personal baggage to yourself
Old Oct 25th 2009, 11:01 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JenniGee
Honestly Dorothy, is it any of your business what the man calls his wife? FWIW, My own OH calls me "his little one", him being 6'4 & all that. It's not his way of "showing who's the boss" & I don't feel the need to demean him by calling him "the little man".

Talk about blatant projection woman, it isn't condescending at all, so why not keep your nose out of other folks' relationships & your own personal baggage to yourself
And you, Jennie, if you don't like my opinions don't read them. I have no personal baggage so not sure why you would think I do.
Old Oct 26th 2009, 10:19 am
Just Joined

micknbeck will become famous soon enoughmicknbeck will become famous soon enough

Hi ALL,

Thank you to everyone for your kind words and some great advice regarding the questions asked. We will keep a positive attitude moving forward, and hopefully soon Beck's will find the role she will enjoy.

Take care until my next question (today more than likely)

Mick N Beck

Old Oct 26th 2009, 10:35 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi ALL,

Thank you to everyone for your kind words and some great advice regarding the questions asked. We will keep a positive attitude moving forward, and hopefully soon Beck's will find the role she will enjoy.

Take care until my next question (today more than likely)

Mick N Beck

You know jobs have a habit of turning up when you least expect it. Change tactics - pay someone to look at your wifes resume and tweak it or re-write it if need be.

If you go on Seek you can check for voluntary work - in almost any sector you choose, get her to go on there because it is a constructive way of filling time, meeting new contacts and getting a reference even if it is a voluntary job.

Please dont give up hope, sometimes changing approach can work wonders, as can networking etc.

Old Oct 26th 2009, 10:58 am
BE Forum Addict

livinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond repute

I thought "The little lady"sounded quite cute!Atleast he called her a lady!
Old Oct 26th 2009, 11:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Na normally it's just Fatboy. But dieting will be my next post.
How's your BMI - 'Best Minimise Intake'.
Old Oct 26th 2009, 11:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by livinginreality
I thought "The little lady"sounded quite cute!Atleast he called her a lady!
Arrange these in order:

'my wife', 'my partner', 'the Minister for Finance, 'Chief', 'The Boss, 'SWMBO', 'Wifey' , 'her indoors' , 'Missus'.....what's the go nowadays for a modern couple?

My least favourite is 'my partner'. People might think we're cops - or gay. (What's wrong with that etc etc)
Old Oct 26th 2009, 11:23 am
BE Forum Addict

livinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
Arrange these in order:

'my wife', 'my partner', 'the Minister for Finance, 'Chief', 'The Boss, 'SWMBO', 'Wifey' , 'her indoors' , 'Missus'.....what's the go nowadays for a modern couple?

My least favourite is 'my partner'. People might think we're cops - or gay. (What's wrong with that etc etc)
Ok for what its worth,if my OH introduced me as "The little Lady"it would'nt bother me in the slightest!Why would it?For one I'm little and and I'm a lady!The partner thing?Yeah agree with that one actually.That was my OH's excuse for wanting to get married because he claimed he disliked introducing me as his partner!
Old Oct 26th 2009, 12:26 pm
Just Joined

micknbeck will become famous soon enoughmicknbeck will become famous soon enough

Hi All,

Now I know why Rebecca loves reading everything on here. The advice the comments some good, some bad and some made me laugh my arse off.

We will try some new ways of getting her Qualifications out there and I think the Vol work may be a great start.

We are going to the Meet up on Chevron island on the 6th Nov. So if your in the GC area. we would love to meet some of the people who have made us smile over the last couple of years that beck has been reading these forums.

Mick n Beck
Old Oct 26th 2009, 8:19 pm
can't lose the tie

mecheng is a name known to allmecheng is a name known to allmecheng is a name known to allmecheng is a name known to allmecheng is a name known to allmecheng is a name known to allmecheng is a name known to allmecheng is a name known to allmecheng is a name known to allmecheng is a name known to allmecheng is a name known to all

I agree in the comments here recommending you make a phone call as opposed to email. In interviews when they have asked me if I have any questions, as a last question, I usually ask can you give me an idea when I will hear something back or a timeframe in hiring someone for the position. Either way, I consider it extremely rude not to inform someone if they were successful or not. But call them, never email them unless your further into the interview process when they will respond.
Old Oct 26th 2009, 8:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

I'm small but if my husband called me 'the little lady' it would be game over.
Old Oct 27th 2009, 8:38 am
Just Joined

Thanks for all you positive comments.

Last edited by micknbeck; Oct 27th 2009 at 9:06 am.
Old Oct 27th 2009, 1:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

fairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud of

Glad I didnt come on here talking about my Ball and Chain

Paddy
Old Oct 27th 2009, 7:15 pm
Da bing bing!

JenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
And you, Jennie, if you don't like my opinions don't read them.
Aaah yes...that old chestnut. Such a shame you can't take your own advice then isn't it?

No...no personal baggage at all....of course not dear... or give us another reason how you could possibly justify jumping on a total stranger with a whole raft of snide & judgmental comments

Last edited by JenniGee; Oct 27th 2009 at 7:26 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.