Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Words that offend you ...

Words that offend you ...

Old Feb 27th 2008, 7:28 pm
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute
Default Words that offend you ...

Obviously not expletives.. thats too obvious.. but words , usually americanisms.. that offend you

I really hate the word JERK , and JERK OFF it boils my piss and I cringe when I hear it on TV.

Ste
Old Feb 27th 2008, 7:29 pm

TiddlyPom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Words that offend you ...

Originally Posted by Timber Floor Au
Obviously not expletives.. thats too obvious.. but words , usually americanisms.. that offend you

I really hate the word JERK , and JERK OFF it boils my piss and I cringe when I hear it on TV.

Ste
Twat.

I don't like that at all.
Old Feb 27th 2008, 7:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

crocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud of

I loathe the 'C' word, I think most women do. I wonder why?

Anyway I really don't like it, even though I say bad words I judge a person by saying the 'C' word. I think people who say that word have low morals, as moral rate high with me.

Lynne
Old Feb 27th 2008, 7:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

WelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to behold

How is the c word not an expletive then!!!!

I hate phlegm!!

It and the word!!
Old Feb 27th 2008, 7:38 pm
Handsome Internet Guy

Icarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond repute

Bar Closed
Old Feb 27th 2008, 7:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Timber Floor Au

Ste
And you must hear that an awful lot Ste!
Old Feb 27th 2008, 7:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

MartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to behold

Offend or just plain annoy?

Well how about:

"Definately" for starters (there is a button and its called SPELLCHECK)

"Your" when someone actually means "You're"

People who use "done" instead of "did" - Alan Shearer being the most high profile offender "I think he done really well"
Old Feb 27th 2008, 7:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

crocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud of

Sorry didn't read it properly, thanx for pointing it out.

Don't like the words 'to be honest', does that mean when people don't say this they are lying?

Is that better
Old Feb 27th 2008, 7:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

MartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to behold

oh yes and how could I forget "deffo" or "defo" as in "we are deffo going to do that"
Old Feb 27th 2008, 7:48 pm

Vanessa is an unknown quantity at this point

I have said this before. When British people say schedule like an American ie skedule! In Aus when people say yous as in "yous don't want to do that"
Old Feb 27th 2008, 7:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Vanessa
I have said this before. When British people say schedule like an American ie skedule! In Aus when people say yous as in "yous don't want to do that"
In Northern Ireland most people say 'yous', except when they are being corrected by their parents!!!!!!!!!!
Old Feb 27th 2008, 8:09 pm
Ber-kerk

Wheeler-Jones is a jewel in the roughWheeler-Jones is a jewel in the roughWheeler-Jones is a jewel in the roughWheeler-Jones is a jewel in the roughWheeler-Jones is a jewel in the rough

INNIT (chav for isn't it but used at the end of a sentence instead of a full stop if question mark) Hate it. So common here in Hayes.

And 'sssh!' when my husband says it.
Old Feb 27th 2008, 8:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

mattmc is a splendid one to beholdmattmc is a splendid one to beholdmattmc is a splendid one to beholdmattmc is a splendid one to beholdmattmc is a splendid one to beholdmattmc is a splendid one to beholdmattmc is a splendid one to beholdmattmc is a splendid one to beholdmattmc is a splendid one to beholdmattmc is a splendid one to beholdmattmc is a splendid one to behold

Soccer when they really mean FOOTBALL
This is two words I know but..."British Open" when they really mean "The Open" especially when Nick Faldo says it. He should know better.
Old Feb 27th 2008, 8:16 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Tottenham, I hate everything about that word.
Old Feb 27th 2008, 8:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

mattmc is a splendid one to beholdmattmc is a splendid one to beholdmattmc is a splendid one to beholdmattmc is a splendid one to beholdmattmc is a splendid one to beholdmattmc is a splendid one to beholdmattmc is a splendid one to beholdmattmc is a splendid one to beholdmattmc is a splendid one to beholdmattmc is a splendid one to beholdmattmc is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by fraser
Tottenham, I hate everything about that word.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.