Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Womens Question - Bris/Hair/Foils

Womens Question - Bris/Hair/Foils

Old Jun 16th 2007, 11:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

s-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Womens Question - Bris/Hair/Foils

Hi girls, need an exellent hairdresser in Brisbane initially then on Sunshine coast... i have thick long hair and currently have foil highlights done every 6-8 wks....

might sound superficial but some girls love shoes, handbags, undies............ i love my hair....

any advice girls??? currently go to a really cool hip salon and would love to continue......

S-j xx
Old Jun 16th 2007, 11:46 pm
Forum Regular

Twin Peaks has much to be proud ofTwin Peaks has much to be proud ofTwin Peaks has much to be proud ofTwin Peaks has much to be proud ofTwin Peaks has much to be proud ofTwin Peaks has much to be proud ofTwin Peaks has much to be proud ofTwin Peaks has much to be proud ofTwin Peaks has much to be proud ofTwin Peaks has much to be proud ofTwin Peaks has much to be proud of
Default Re: Womens Question - Bris/Hair/Foils

Originally Posted by s-jmelbournewannabe
Hi girls, need an exellent hairdresser in Brisbane initially then on Sunshine coast... i have thick long hair and currently have foil highlights done every 6-8 wks....

might sound superficial but some girls love shoes, handbags, undies............ i love my hair....

any advice girls??? currently go to a really cool hip salon and would love to continue......

S-j xx
Look no further. PM me if you like.

Lynn
Old Jun 16th 2007, 11:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

s-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond repute

forgot to add, takes 5 hours......... need a salon as like the time out...... with foils (develop under lamps), shampoo, treatment (redken, tigi etc), cut and finish (dry, GHD and curl..)

Last edited by s-jmelbournewannabe; Jun 16th 2007 at 11:54 pm. Reason: shit spelling!!
Old Jun 16th 2007, 11:55 pm
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute

Hope you don't mind Lynne but I have pm'd you.

SJ - I thought I had the only hairdresser that takes 5 hours to do hair, but thats cos she talks too much!
Old Jun 17th 2007, 12:04 am
Forum Regular

Twin Peaks has much to be proud ofTwin Peaks has much to be proud ofTwin Peaks has much to be proud ofTwin Peaks has much to be proud ofTwin Peaks has much to be proud ofTwin Peaks has much to be proud ofTwin Peaks has much to be proud ofTwin Peaks has much to be proud ofTwin Peaks has much to be proud ofTwin Peaks has much to be proud ofTwin Peaks has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Mrs JFW

SJ - I thought I had the only hairdresser that takes 5 hours to do hair, but thats cos she talks too much!
No problem.
Old Jun 17th 2007, 12:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Mrs JFW

Thats 5 hrs with 2 doing foils!!! no wonder they have a licence for booze, to numb the ass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Jun 17th 2007, 9:48 am
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute

My hair isn't even long, its collar length, thats with 2 doing foils and 2 with the straightners at the end!! hmy If I take my 2 kids to get their hair done too, then we are there all day!

Last edited by Mrs JFW; Jun 17th 2007 at 9:50 am.
Old Jun 17th 2007, 11:55 am
BE Enthusiast

kjc79 has a brilliant futurekjc79 has a brilliant futurekjc79 has a brilliant futurekjc79 has a brilliant futurekjc79 has a brilliant futurekjc79 has a brilliant future
Smile Re: Womens Question - Bris/Hair/Foils

just read these and i just cant understand how it takes 5 hours?!!?when you are trained in the NVQ you only have, i think it has been lengthened these days, to 1 1/4 hours (only 3/4 hour when i trained) to apply a full head of highlights to pass that module.If it was extremely thick hair maybe a little longer though.
as long as it looks fab at the end though.
Old Jun 17th 2007, 5:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

hi answer is about 2 hrs to foil my hair, it is extremly thick and very long, between bra and waist... the woman who does it owns the salon and yhey are very high tech and know what they're doing.... put it this way i see a lot come and go!
Old Jun 17th 2007, 9:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

hi answer is about 2 hrs to foil my hair, it is extremly thick and very long, between bra and waist... the woman who does it owns the salon and yhey are very high tech and know what they're doing.... put it this way i see a lot come and go!

So has anyone got a good hairdresser, we finally found a OK one young aussie girl, but shes off to UK to live end of june.

Hair heres a real problem the cutting is very backward/basic, colour styles erm mullet inspired, the humidity in summer sends any hair into severe frizz and makes any style impossible to hold, and salt and pools dont exactly help. Plus given the wages for hairdressers are about $400 a week many salons will charge best part of that to do a full head of foils on long hair
Old Jun 17th 2007, 10:15 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jad n rich
So has anyone got a good hairdresser, we finally found a OK one young aussie girl, but shes off to UK to live end of june.

Hair heres a real problem the cutting is very backward/basic, colour styles erm mullet inspired, the humidity in summer sends any hair into severe frizz and makes any style impossible to hold, and salt and pools dont exactly help. Plus given the wages for hairdressers are about $400 a week many salons will charge best part of that to do a full head of foils on long hair
Far be it for anyone to make completely over the top generalisations eh!
Old Jun 17th 2007, 10:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

matt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond repute

S-j xx
Oscar Oscar - just off the Queen St Mall. Very good, with prices to match!
J
Old Jun 17th 2007, 10:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

matt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by matt-and-jenny
Oscar Oscar - just off the Queen St Mall. Very good, with prices to match!
J
..... as in the prices are expensive!
Old Jun 18th 2007, 12:34 am
brisvegas

ridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud of

Tiffany at Aqua Retreat, Oxley Road, Graceville

Tammie at Beauty Edge Hair & Beauty Salon, Stanley Street South Brisbane
Old Jun 18th 2007, 10:01 am
BE Forum Addict

Thanks girls, do you have foils there??? Are they high tech???

Thanks for the help everyone.. S-j x