Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Witnesses for Birth Registration Application

Witnesses for Birth Registration Application

Old Apr 28th 2009, 5:23 am
Jelly-Belly, tbh

FluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of light
Default Witnesses for Birth Registration Application

Hey all,

Just filling out this form to register our little one's birth and noticed that at the bottom our signatures need to be witnessed. Can't find any info on the government website about this. Can anyone witness or should we go to our local JP. Never had to use one before - do they charge for this service?

Many thanks
Old Apr 28th 2009, 5:48 am
BE Forum Addict

bridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Witnesses for Birth Registration Application

might be worth phoning them but i'm sure we just got friends to do it...
Old Apr 28th 2009, 5:49 am
Account Open

asprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FluffieFaerie
Hey all,

Just filling out this form to register our little one's birth and noticed that at the bottom our signatures need to be witnessed. Can't find any info on the government website about this. Can anyone witness or should we go to our local JP. Never had to use one before - do they charge for this service?

Many thanks
don't know the answer to your question... but congratulations.
Old Apr 28th 2009, 5:51 am
Full Throttle

stevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond repute

Hey all,

Many thanks
JP's are often to be found in shopping centres offering their services for free so it may be worth checking that out...

Congratulations by the way

edit - not sure if you actually need a JP for witnessing the form, sorry
Old Apr 28th 2009, 5:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Sammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond repute

Hey all,

Many thanks
Congratulations FF, what did you have?

Sam
Old Apr 28th 2009, 5:57 am
Jelly-Belly, tbh

FluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Sammy T
Congratulations FF, what did you have?

Sam
A baby *scoff scoff*

No really, a little girl. Isabella. She's luuuuuurvely. I'm annoying myself with gooey mummy syndrome, it's sickening.
Old Apr 28th 2009, 8:14 am
BE Forum Addict

Sammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond repute

A baby *scoff scoff*

No really, a little girl. Isabella. She's luuuuuurvely. I'm annoying myself with gooey mummy syndrome, it's sickening.
LOL

I should have read your signature! Lovely name

How did you find the birth here in Oz, where did you deliver and was it public or private??

Sorry for all the questions, I have just started work again at the local private maternity unit and finding it very different!

Sam
Old Apr 28th 2009, 8:26 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

How did you find the birth here in Oz,
I think you'll find it was there waiting for her It's not really something you can lose

Sorry, I'll get my coat
Old Apr 28th 2009, 10:03 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by moneypen20
I think you'll find it was there waiting for her It's not really something you can lose

Sorry, I'll get my coat
Old May 2nd 2009, 7:55 am
Jelly-Belly, tbh

How did you find the birth here in Oz, where did you deliver and was it public or private??
Public at Redcliffe. Very pleased with how it all went actually. I found the experience far better here but I think that is purely circumstantial. My son (born in the UK) was 5 weeks early and it was a very scary time for me which I think set things back a bit, he was delivered by 2 midwives and whisked away from me as soon as he was born. Isabella was on time so I was far more relaxed about this birth so I found it much 'easier'. There were 4 midwives present and she was born onto my chest and we were given lots of bonding time before they took her for weighing etc. I think it has made a huge difference to how well I'm coping this time around. I was quite anxious I'd have a tough time and trouble bonding again, like I did with our son. Otherwise I'd say I didn't really find the experience much different from the NHS in the UK - except the food was brought to my bed instead of having to wander to the ward kitchens to collect it and there were only 3 beds to a room as opposed to 6 in the hospital I was at in the UK!!!
Old May 2nd 2009, 10:20 am
BE Forum Addict

Public at Redcliffe. Very pleased with how it all went actually. I found the experience far better here but I think that is purely circumstantial. My son (born in the UK) was 5 weeks early and it was a very scary time for me which I think set things back a bit, he was delivered by 2 midwives and whisked away from me as soon as he was born. Isabella was on time so I was far more relaxed about this birth so I found it much 'easier'. There were 4 midwives present and she was born onto my chest and we were given lots of bonding time before they took her for weighing etc. I think it has made a huge difference to how well I'm coping this time around. I was quite anxious I'd have a tough time and trouble bonding again, like I did with our son. Otherwise I'd say I didn't really find the experience much different from the NHS in the UK - except the food was brought to my bed instead of having to wander to the ward kitchens to collect it and there were only 3 beds to a room as opposed to 6 in the hospital I was at in the UK!!!
Thanks for that

Good to hear that you had a much better time this time, take care xx
Old May 2nd 2009, 10:29 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Hi congratulations
To answer your question you can have anyone as a witness.
Paulinex
Old May 13th 2009, 5:47 am
Just Joined

andyp80 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey all,

Many thanks
I'm sure you've done it by now but JP's at the Redcliffe courthouse Mon-fri 9am-4pm and at other time including Thrusday 5p - 7pm there's on at Penninsula Fair shopping center. our practice nurse is also one!

Andy