Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Will someone please tell me.....

Will someone please tell me.....

Old Oct 9th 2011, 12:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Family of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Will someone please tell me.....

.... what exactly is so bad about Rockingham?

We went to Penguin Island yesterday then into Rockingham so Himself could watch the rugby. Nice coastline (shame about the refinery (?)), nice foreshore, Mini had fun on the bouncy castle etc. We didn't see any bogans, the driving was OK (so presumably Kevin was at home ) and, like the previous time we've visited, it seemed absolutely fine.

I was chatting to another Mum while Mini bounced and she said that someone asked her if she came from a council house when she said she liked living there.

Sure, there were bits that looked a bit run down but that's true of most places. And at least there was a bit of life to it.

What exactly IS so bad about it?

(And if anyone saw a woman and small child riding the double bikes along the front singing "Daisy, Daisy" that was us......)
Old Oct 9th 2011, 1:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

al150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Will someone please tell me.....

May be you're a bit bogan & feral & that's why you didn't notice a problem there

Alison x

Ps. Do you fancy meeting up for coffee sometime soon?
Old Oct 9th 2011, 1:48 pm
Forum Regular

Jackier is just really niceJackier is just really niceJackier is just really niceJackier is just really niceJackier is just really niceJackier is just really niceJackier is just really niceJackier is just really niceJackier is just really niceJackier is just really niceJackier is just really nice

I like Rocky too. Just shows you should always take the time to explore and make up your own mind
Old Oct 9th 2011, 1:57 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Some of the nicest people I have met live in Rockingham. Good and bad places everywhere you go.

Live where you feel you fit in, where you feel happy and where you choose to do so, other people that disagree with you, well thats their issue.
Old Oct 9th 2011, 2:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

As a Shockingham resident and devotee I can tell you EXACTLY what is wrong with the place

Historically it was a piss poor pommie shanty town where poms who landed in Freo in the 50/60s with nothing and couldnt afford to live anywhere else ended up... It was the end of the world as far as anyone who lived in Perth was concerned...

But thats like calling Soho Square in London a park surrounded by brothels.

Simply no longer true..

There is Nothing wrong at all with Rockingham, other than being the victim of the snobbery of arrogant ignorant twats and tossers.... Who dont know what they are talking about....

Hope that helps

Eds
(bogan of shockingham)
Old Oct 9th 2011, 2:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Family of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond repute

Alison: Definitely - I'll PM you.

Eddie: Thanks for clearing that up. LOL.
Old Oct 9th 2011, 10:50 pm

ukecadet is an unknown quantity at this point

I was in Perth in the late 80s and Rockingham always seemed like a nice place to live to me.