Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Will I ever get a visa

Wikiposts

Will I ever get a visa

Old Jun 14th 2006, 1:53 am
Where I want to be

ub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Will I ever get a visa

Oh Margaret, I know how you feel waiting, we had a 7 month 21 day wait for a CO, it was HELL!

However, since we got one things did pick up and we got our visa last friday, only 2 weeks after the police checks were sent, which were the last things to go.

So, I reckon if you have sent the extra stuff they asked for you should surely have your visa in a couple of weeks. You could always e-mail your co to ask if they had received the extra info, this is what we did, and had a reply 3 days later with the grant.

Chin up honey, it will come soon.

Shirley x
Old Jun 14th 2006, 3:25 am
Forum Regular

DavidShea is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Margaret2
Ok , today I am really, really, really fed up waiting. I applied for my visa in Nov (skilled immi), straight forward said the agent you will probably have it in around 4 months. Well i am now into 7 months, and last week i sent the extra stuff reqd for my meds, so that will probably add another 2 months, bringing it up to 9 months (that's for Soapy , coz i know he couldn't have worked that out ). I thought aus needed nurses

And will PP ever get one to

Bordy get yir ball oot and tell us

Well, if it makes you feel any better, my partner and I have been trying for about 18 months now - what with regional visa going t*ts up, a job offer from a company that then closed down (about 2 weeks before the visa went through), hassles with a migration agent (we complained to the MIRA), red tape from the ACS, and a couple of job interviews later, I finally have a job offer, and the visa should be sorted within a few months.

Don't give up hope if it's what you really want to do. As we tell ourselves, even if it doesn't work out, we've tried, and don't have that what if? feeling.
Old Jun 14th 2006, 3:56 am
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

DunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond repute

Ok , today I am really, really, really fed up waiting. I applied for my visa in Nov (skilled immi), straight forward said the agent you will probably have it in around 4 months. Well i am now into 7 months, and last week i sent the extra stuff reqd for my meds, so that will probably add another 2 months, bringing it up to 9 months (that's for Soapy , coz i know he couldn't have worked that out ). I thought aus needed nurses

Hmm? You are MODL then? We weren't MODL and it took just under 1 year to get our meds and PCC requested BUT we did apply at the time of the July 2004 sillyness...
Old Jun 14th 2006, 4:52 am
loz
this is home!!

loz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Margaret I know just where you are coming from hun, we are reaching the end of our tethers ,the patience AND the booze is rapidly running out and we are starting to get on each others t**s!!!!!!!!!!!!
We are sick of hearing the 'have you heard anything yet?' and 'have you got a date to go yet?'.
Our agent sent all our additional docs, PCC's etc at the beginning of May and the Meds were sent to LCU at end of April. Our AOS bond was paid on 7th April so surely there must be some sign soon

Hang on in there Margaret and we will go mad (or turn alcoholic ) together.

Loz x
Old Jun 14th 2006, 5:36 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

My balls tell me 18th of July Mags.
Old Jun 14th 2006, 5:36 am
Just Joined

fuzziferret is a name known to allfuzziferret is a name known to allfuzziferret is a name known to allfuzziferret is a name known to allfuzziferret is a name known to allfuzziferret is a name known to allfuzziferret is a name known to allfuzziferret is a name known to allfuzziferret is a name known to allfuzziferret is a name known to allfuzziferret is a name known to all

I know exactly what you mean with the "have you heard anything yet" thing. The next time someone says that I will kill them. We have been waiting since the end of Jan with everything sent off and to our knowledge, no problems. I get the impression they hope that you'll get bored waiting and not bother. The pair of us are nervous wrecks. Life's in limbo isn't it?
Well I'll look out for some positives coming from this threads subscribers soon hopefully before I go completely round the twist. Oh and if anyone says "well, no news is good news is it?" then I'll kill those folks too!!!!
Originally Posted by loz
Hi Margaret I know just where you are coming from hun, we are reaching the end of our tethers ,the patience AND the booze is rapidly running out and we are starting to get on each others t**s!!!!!!!!!!!!
We are sick of hearing the 'have you heard anything yet?' and 'have you got a date to go yet?'.
Our agent sent all our additional docs, PCC's etc at the beginning of May and the Meds were sent to LCU at end of April. Our AOS bond was paid on 7th April so surely there must be some sign soon

Hang on in there Margaret and we will go mad (or turn alcoholic ) together.

Loz x
Old Jun 14th 2006, 5:57 am
BE Forum Addict

framac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Re: Will I ever get a visa

Margaret, I thought that was MY post. I'll not even bore u with the details but I am also slightly fed up and sometimes wish even a NO so it would all be over coz limbo is not nice. Keep the chin up. They can't take u out and shoot u so it could b worse.
Old Jun 14th 2006, 7:04 am
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute

You know Margaret, OH and I were talking about you just last night. I was saying that I've got this knot in my stomach because of all the people I remember from when I first started on here, I'm about the furthest behind with my application. I was saying that I knew your visa was probably only a couple of weeks away at most, and that whilst I'd be ecstatic for you all, I'll also be a bit sad as I'll still be sat here waiting.

So....I predict - June 29th for you. And August 19th for Samantha

C'mon Dimma - send Mags' and her lot packing so they can reccie Melbourne for me
Old Jun 14th 2006, 9:15 am

Margaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud of

Hi all, thanx for your predictions, i know some of you are having a longer wait than me, and you have my sympathy, but we were by no means a complicated case (except we are both over 40), but both on the skilled immi list with 20 years experience in our trades, sorry am babbling alot of crap now

Gill, don't worry when we go we will make sure we rent a nice big 4 bedroom house, and you won't have any worries when you arrive with your two wee gorgeous girls plus a built in babysitter

and remember Gill, you have time on your side at this rate we'll be drawing our pension in oz
Old Jun 14th 2006, 10:46 am

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

and me?
Old Jun 14th 2006, 2:28 pm
Made the move -

Fiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all, thanx for your predictions, i know some of you are having a longer wait than me, and you have my sympathy, but we were by no means a complicated case (except we are both over 40), but both on the skilled immi list with 20 years experience in our trades, sorry am babbling alot of crap now

Gill, don't worry when we go we will make sure we rent a nice big 4 bedroom house, and you won't have any worries when you arrive with your two wee gorgeous girls plus a built in babysitter

and remember Gill, you have time on your side at this rate we'll be drawing our pension in oz
Hi Mags,

Im sure this is the last bit of waiting you'll have to do, you'll get your visa before your daughter goes back to school in August
Hows things going with your family? Have you told them yet ??
Old Jun 14th 2006, 6:06 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

i phoned them up and told them what u are like.
u will be sent for a mental exam on the 18th of july !!!!
u will pass nae borra...........u are
PURE MAD MENTAL !!!!!
Old Jun 14th 2006, 9:52 pm
Made the move -

Fiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by soapy
i phoned them up and told them what u are like.
u will be sent for a mental exam on the 18th of july !!!!
u will pass nae borra...........u are
PURE MAD MENTAL !!!!!
A bit like yersel'
Old Jun 14th 2006, 10:27 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by johanne
I think Bordys balls have been workin govertime this past week, since Mary went to Scotland anyway :scared: I hope for his sake he has 2 balls and not just 1, then again if 1 is worth scratching its all that matters eh !!
Good luck with your visa anyway

fwiw i reckon you will hear summat in mid/end July
and i havent got any balls to rub
Johanne x

[/QUOTE]

Good to see you posting again Johanne after the breast enlargement operation.

Hope all has gone well & hubby likes his birthday present (s)

Old Jun 14th 2006, 10:32 pm
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by WendyC
You're going to get your visa before I fly to Oz (or at least that week )
God...don't say that !!

My Doc said that my meds wee clear...and to book my plane...so I did, for the 10th Jan 2005 - then the LCU lost my med results...so I had to have more done - that was the 22nd December....DIMIA put me as urgent, and I got the Visa on the 4th of Jan :scared:

I was a nervous wreck !!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.