Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

This will confirm things for a lot of migrants...

Wikiposts

This will confirm things for a lot of migrants...

Old Feb 14th 2007, 7:50 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Cool Re: This will confirm things for a lot of migrants...

Originally Posted by fnord
I'm not sure if anyone has posted this yet but here is one media reaction from Oz.
And it's the same one I've chosen to use.

Old Feb 14th 2007, 7:59 am
Forum Regular

Princess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nice
Default Re: This will confirm things for a lot of migrants...

Here's another article from the Australian perspective for anyone interested:

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au...12-601,00.html
Old Feb 14th 2007, 8:03 am
Forum Regular

Princess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nice

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
\
Australia provided enough data to be included in the survey, but not enough to be included in the overall rankings.

Australia came 7th out of 27 nations (click here) which is unfortunate but not unworkable.
There wasn't anything in the article that said that Australia came 7th out of 27 nations (or have I missed it?)

In the link I posted to the Australian it said that Australia was on the whole about in the middle of the charts surveyed, which would make it about 13 or 14th place if we were going to be ranked on the information provided.
Old Feb 14th 2007, 8:44 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Grayling
What's up Hutch?

You seem to be getting increasingly 'tetchy' since you moved.....are you finding life stressful?

You really should not let people wind you up so much.

G
Old Feb 14th 2007, 8:45 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kapri
The report did acknowledge that the U.K's results had improved due to Government initiatives.
Yea - but when you're bottom of the pile, the only way is ...
Old Feb 14th 2007, 9:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hutch

To kill yourself
Old Feb 14th 2007, 9:39 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hutch
Yep that's true

Alternatively next year the U.K may find it easier to provide enough data to be included in the survey, but not enough to be included in the overall rankings.

My son is far happier here, he's doing well at school, we spend far more time together and our family unit is much more relaxed. I didn't need a report to tell me either.
For me personally; moving here has vastly improved my relationship with my son, we spend the time together fishing, scuba diving, sailing etc. time that due to work commitments/weather in the U.K just wasn't available.
Old Feb 14th 2007, 10:07 am
BE Forum Addict

NKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=cresta57;4405645]Yep that's true

Alternatively next year the U.K may find it easier to provide enough data to be included in the survey, but not enough to be included in the overall rankings.

QUOTE]

Thought exactly the same - it's hardly a small country without tHE data!

Methinks something untoward!!
Old Feb 14th 2007, 11:03 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=NKSK version 2;4405770]
Originally Posted by cresta57
Yep that's true

QUOTE]

Thought exactly the same - it's hardly a small country without tHE data!

Methinks something untoward!!
Nothing wrong with the UK. Looks like most on here don't agree which is why they moved and good luck to them.

Although why they need to keep justifying it rather than just getting on with their superb new lives will remain a mystery to me.

Live and let live.
Old Feb 14th 2007, 11:06 am
Forum Regular

tofster has much to be proud oftofster has much to be proud oftofster has much to be proud oftofster has much to be proud oftofster has much to be proud oftofster has much to be proud oftofster has much to be proud oftofster has much to be proud oftofster has much to be proud oftofster has much to be proud oftofster has much to be proud of

[QUOTE=fraser;4405978][QUOTE=NKSK version 2;4405770]
Nothing wrong with the UK.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????????
Old Feb 14th 2007, 11:07 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=tofster;4405987][QUOTE=fraser;4405978]
Originally Posted by NKSK version 2
Nothing wrong with the UK.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????????
One of the best places in the world to live and bring up children.
Old Feb 14th 2007, 11:46 am
BE Forum Addict

NKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=fraser;4405994][QUOTE=tofster;4405987]
Originally Posted by fraser

One of the best places in the world to live and bring up children.
certainly will need to differ on this!!
Old Feb 14th 2007, 11:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Australia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=fraser;4405978]
Originally Posted by NKSK version 2
Nothing wrong with the UK. Looks like most on here don't agree which is why they moved and good luck to them.

Although why they need to keep justifying it rather than just getting on with their superb new lives will remain a mystery to me.

Live and let live.
I think a few have set themselves up that everything has to be great for them in Australia, with their constant bitching about the UK, then have moved found issues in Aus but dare not mention them! So carry on bitching about the UK!
Old Feb 14th 2007, 11:52 am
Forum Regular

I can see fraser's point. If you take a global view on it the UK is a good place to bring up your child. It only lags among the group of most wealthy nations in the world.

If you have a good or average income in the UK then there isn't anything in it. It's only when you are in the lowest sections of society where it's a significant problem in the UK. And to be honest it doesn't affect most of us here since most of us who are in a position to emigrate are for the most part well educated and reasonably well off.

I'm very happy in Australia but if for some reason we had to return to the UK I wouldn't be overly concerned. I'd make sure we lived in a reasonable area, my child went to a reasonable school etc the same as I would over here.
Old Feb 14th 2007, 11:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Australia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Princess Leia
I can see fraser's point. If you take a global view on it the UK is a good place to bring up your child. It only lags among the group of most wealthy nations in the world.

If you have a good or average income in the UK then there isn't anything in it. It's only when you are in the lowest sections of society where it's a significant problem in the UK. And to be honest it doesn't affect most of us here since most of us who are in a position to emigrate are for the most part well educated and reasonably well off.

I'm very happy in Australia but if for some reason we had to return to the UK I wouldn't be overly concerned. I'd make sure we lived in a reasonable area, my child went to a reasonable school etc the same as I would over here.

Totally agree with you!

Perhaps people should take a look at other countries that have rated higher than the UK. I personally have spent time in Hungry, outside Budapest it's bloody awful, could not live there for any significant amount of time!

Or maybe there's a lot of people on here who come from very deprived areas and their kids are living in poverty

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.