Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Wild Roo's in Brisbane area

Wikiposts

Wild Roo's in Brisbane area

Old Dec 14th 2007, 8:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

jazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond repute
Default Wild Roo's in Brisbane area

Any idea where we can see wild Kangaroo's in the Brisbane area.
I've tried daisy hill and also rove past wacol prison, two places that were recommended to me. But NOTHING, the search goes on for wild Roo's.

HELP
Old Dec 14th 2007, 8:29 pm
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wild Roo's in Brisbane area

Originally Posted by jazzys
I've tried daisy hill and also rove past wacol prison, two places that were recommended to me. But NOTHING, the search goes on for wild Roo's.

HELP
They have been known to frequent in the Greenbank area, but the encrouchment of housing developments kind of drive them away. You could try there but maybe you should take a cut-lunch and some sleeping bags. Try Alma Park Zoo near Burpengary or Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary near Kenmore. They give better value for time spent rather than chasing around all over the countryside for a few fleeting glimpses.
Old Dec 14th 2007, 8:33 pm
Forum Regular

bobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud of

HELP
I see them most mornings (5am) in the Top estates in North Lakes, Bridgehaven. A daddy, mummy and a young Joey.
Old Dec 14th 2007, 10:58 pm
Just Joined

Hunsletlad will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by bobbyfaescotland
I see them most mornings (5am) in the Top estates in North Lakes, Bridgehaven. A daddy, mummy and a young Joey.
I live at Munruben (off Chambers Flat RD between Browns Plains and Jimboomba off the Mt. Lindesay Highway) and we have heaps living out the back and also crossing over the road early in the morning and at dusk.

I think they come to feed ( because of the bush clearing that is going on) so the only time you're going to see them is an hour or so after sunrise or before sunset anywhere there's bush near a creek.

We've also got rabbits and wombats living within 10m of the house (we're on 5 acres with road frontage - so they're still there, just looking for somewhere to settle).

Time is of the essence.

Les
Old Dec 15th 2007, 12:35 am
Jan4kids

Jan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond repute

Not exactly Brisbane, but I see a small mob regularly between Discovery and Siganto Drive in Helensvale (Gold Coast) Sorry but I can't recall the road name DOH!,but they are on a large unused block of land that has been left to nature/as a reserve. They are there most evenings.

Happy searching....I was the last to see a wild Roo in our family...and blinkin annoying it was too....got teased no end

Jan
Old Dec 15th 2007, 8:42 am
BE Forum Addict

jazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond repute

When you say "evenings", what time are ya talking about?
We might be down coolangatta today so we could pass through helensvale easily enough. Any chance of a precise location?

Cheers
Jazzys
Old Dec 15th 2007, 8:50 am
loz
this is home!!

loz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond repute

HELP
Hi jazzys you need to be going past the prison (or Gailes golf club as well) either early morning (before 8) or just before sundown and you will see shed loads. Just at the moment there are loads of babies as well but they don't like the heat of the day.
Happy hunting

Loz x
Old Dec 15th 2007, 9:23 am
BE Forum Addict

Would that be on the opposite side of the road to the prison in all that bushland? Is there a quieter road runs up alongside that way rather than the motorway? Where is gailes golf club?

Jazzys
Old Dec 15th 2007, 1:16 pm
Jan4kids

Jan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Wild Roo's in Brisbane area

When you say "evenings", what time are ya talking about?
We might be down coolangatta today so we could pass through helensvale easily enough. Any chance of a precise location?

Cheers
Jazzys
O.K...just gone for a nosey at my trusty 'refidex'. It's on 'Helensvale Rd' (nearest exit on freeway is 60) If you are heading away from Movie World it is on the left in the green area in square 'B2', page 17 in the UBD. It is dangerous to stop on the road opposite so you may need to park up and walk down a bit. Good luck!

As for the time, you need to be there just as the light is going from the day (don't forget the mossie spray!)

Jan

Last edited by Jan4kids; Dec 15th 2007 at 1:18 pm. Reason: Forgot to mention the time DOH!
Old Dec 15th 2007, 7:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Location: north east england to south east queensland(cleveland in fact )WE WON THE CUP
bobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond repute

HELP
Sirromet winery at mount cotton has roooos jeff ! Gailes golf club is a couple of ks from the wacol prison towards ipswich way (and the golf course next to it has rakes of them as well mate
Old Dec 15th 2007, 9:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Call off the search folks, we saw some today at the jail. Thanks for all the tips.
Just need to find wombats now.

Jazzys
Old Dec 16th 2007, 12:06 am
Jan4kids

Smile Re: Wild Roo's in Brisbane area

LOL!
Old Dec 16th 2007, 12:24 am
BE Forum Addict

augigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond repute

If you ever need more wild roos, go to Toorbul (about 1hr north of Brissy). Drive around at sunset near the shore and you see tons and tons of roos lounging around on the grass at the foreshore. We do "roo cruises" when I visit my sister there - I am aussie and I don't get sick of seeing them!
Old Dec 16th 2007, 12:26 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Was going to say that next time you're down Coolie way, have a drive along Currumbin Creek Road. There's always some roos down there. Wombats? Only ever seen one at Dreamworld animal bit
Attached Thumbnails Wild Roo's in Brisbane area-wombat-2.jpg  
Old Dec 16th 2007, 9:11 am
loz
this is home!!

loz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond repute

Just need to find wombats now.

Jazzys
Now if you find any of these give me a call....................................hubby is wombat crazy (think it is something left over from watching Young Doctors) so much so I've bought him a big fat stuffed one for chrissie

Loz x

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.