Wii Fit

Old Dec 18th 2009, 9:13 am

viviennef is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Wii Fit

I am not one for computer games (apart from Tekkon although I havent played it for years. I am not into tv or anything but I was thinking of getting a Wii fit thingy. is that the same as a game playing Wii with the game being fitness or are they two different things

I could research it but its easier to just ask. I dont want a game playing device because then I will have to endure computer games as well as crab catching tv programs and constant sport. It may even morph into some football game playing, beer swilling crabs - the stuff of nightmares.
Old Dec 18th 2009, 9:46 am
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Wii Fit

Originally Posted by viviennef
I am not one for computer games (apart from Tekkon although I havent played it for years. I am not into tv or anything but I was thinking of getting a Wii fit thingy. is that the same as a game playing Wii with the game being fitness or are they two different things

I could research it but its easier to just ask. I dont want a game playing device because then I will have to endure computer games as well as crab catching tv programs and constant sport. It may even morph into some football game playing, beer swilling crabs - the stuff of nightmares.
Buy a bike or have more sex.
Old Dec 18th 2009, 10:01 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Well, it's sort of like playing the video game since you need to be holding the controller. I love mine, though and I don't play video games at all!
Old Dec 18th 2009, 10:14 am

What I mean though - is it a games console as well as a keep fit device? I like the concept and have no time now for the gym.

More sex doesnt tone my abs unfortunately. Plus the side effects are expensive. A bike isnt the answer either Unless it comes with a free babysitter

Viv
Old Dec 18th 2009, 10:15 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

What I mean though - is it a games console as well as a keep fit device? I like the concept and have no time now for the gym.

More sex doesnt tone my abs unfortunately. Plus the side effects are expensive. A bike isnt the answer either Unless it comes with a free babysitter

Viv
Yes, it's a game console too. My kids use it to play Mario Kart. And I've been known to kick the shit out of them at tennis.
Old Dec 18th 2009, 10:16 am
Account Closed

Viv
I'll babysit for you Viv Everyone needs a night off.
Old Dec 18th 2009, 10:18 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

You get the games console and that always has a sports game cd thing with it. Then you get the fit thing to go with it. You don't have to get into the games, you can just bowl, box, exercise to your hearts content.
Old Dec 18th 2009, 10:20 am

Originally Posted by kporte
You are kind! My night off is going to happen soon actually. Ems and I are off to paint the town red in between christmas and new year - somewhere or other probably Mooloolaba! I may turn into a frog though
Old Dec 18th 2009, 10:22 am

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
You get the games console and that always has a sports game cd thing with it. Then you get the fit thing to go with it. You don't have to get into the games, you can just bowl, box, exercise to your hearts content.
Thank you! That clears it up - I wont get one. Thing is if it does have the capability to play games, then sooner or later some games will creep in and that would be another thing to drive me nuts. I am a misery guts arent I

I may look on ebay for a green goddess type video - remember her?
Old Dec 18th 2009, 10:22 am
Account Closed

You are kind! My night off is going to happen soon actually. Ems and I are off to paint the town red in between christmas and new year - somewhere or other probably Mooloolaba! I may turn into a frog though
Enjoy!
Old Dec 18th 2009, 11:00 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you! That clears it up - I wont get one. Thing is if it does have the capability to play games, then sooner or later some games will creep in and that would be another thing to drive me nuts. I am a misery guts arent I

I may look on ebay for a green goddess type video - remember her?
What with her and the frog, you seem to have a green thing going Can you not just drag the kids down to the beach and have a run around. There's a woman lives along our road, she has three kids and from what I can gather, they don't walk until they're about 10. They go in the buggy and she runs, now our road is very very long, very hilly and bloody knackering. She's as thin as a whippet and as brown as a nut and looks about 30 years older than she is. Very fit though
Old Dec 18th 2009, 11:26 am

mmm, I could do MP but I am always so tired. I try to start work at 8 so get up at 5 just to try to get my 3 at childcare. Andrew hasnt been home on a weekday since I remember - maybe 8 or 9 months or so. they say exercise makes you less tired though

I have started to walk to childcare and back but it takes too long really. The phones here are mental and start ringing at about 6.30am. I start properly at 8 - Emelems and Sally arrive at 9. then we work till 4.30 ish - I get the kids - they are starving, sort out the house and food then baths etc and thats the day gone. I thought I could do some in the later evening when they are asleep. I am quite thin but need to tone more, its lack of structured exercise that is getting me.

I do need to do something though - Sally runs and has 3 kids too. She is the same - super brown. Mine are still young and still get up in the night too so its a waiting game I think. that Wii does sound good though - my SIl gave me a gym this week too so I am going to convert my garage.

V
Old Dec 18th 2009, 11:30 am
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kporte
You wanna babysit for me - we don't got one here
Old Dec 18th 2009, 11:31 am
Account Closed

mmm, I could do MP but I am always so tired. I try to start work at 8 so get up at 5 just to try to get my 3 at childcare. Andrew hasnt been home on a weekday since I remember - maybe 8 or 9 months or so. they say exercise makes you less tired though

I have started to walk to childcare and back but it takes too long really. The phones here are mental and start ringing at about 6.30am. I start properly at 8 - Emelems and Sally arrive at 9. then we work till 4.30 ish - I get the kids - they are starving, sort out the house and food then baths etc and thats the day gone. I thought I could do some in the later evening when they are asleep. I am quite thin but need to tone more, its lack of structured exercise that is getting me.

I do need to do something though - Sally runs and has 3 kids too. She is the same - super brown. Mine are still young and still get up in the night too so its a waiting game I think. that Wii does sound good though - my SIl gave me a gym this week too so I am going to convert my garage.

V
Weights are great for toning. Get a set of dumbells and do it whenever the opportunity arises. Running will really tone your bum. The wii is good fun but doesn't really replace a proper excercise programme. Little, often is the way to go with your lifestyle imho.
Old Dec 18th 2009, 11:31 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by scottishcelts
You wanna babysit for me - we don't got one here
Anytime chick, just ask

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.