Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Why does Australia Post like damaging my stuff so much?

Why does Australia Post like damaging my stuff so much?

Old Apr 24th 2013, 1:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Why does Australia Post like damaging my stuff so much?

Originally Posted by Japonica
We've had this happen too. I think the redirection thing is iffy at best. We tried to let everyone know our new address from the outset, but there's always one or two that don't get changed. I can't recall exactly what it was, but it was something that you wouldn't want the new tenants opening and reading (ie. not just junk mail).
Meanwhile the last print of a 19century painting arrived safe and sound at chez badge...

no complaints from me! we often get 2 or 3 parcels a week....
Old Apr 24th 2013, 2:50 am
BE Forum Addict

AlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
Meanwhile the last print of a 19century painting arrived safe and sound at chez badge...

no complaints from me! we often get 2 or 3 parcels a week....
Yeah but are they addressed to you or someone else Badge?
Old Apr 24th 2013, 7:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scotdownunder
Yeah but are they addressed to you or someone else Badge?
to me, I still wait for disaster....!
Old Apr 24th 2013, 8:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

I actually had a E parcel, which are always sign for usually, sent to my 18yo Daughter left on our doorstep today, which surprised me slightly as they always knock. There it was in very tiny writing in the "sign for" box... a message with very small 8pt writing "Authority to leave if unattended" Not sure if my daughter gave that authority or not.... but thats what it said, and Asos the despatcher may well have ran that without her approval.

I'm tempted to take photos of some of the mail we get from overseas with lack of proper addresses on them..... some real laughable doozies from the UK.... At least 3 or 4 a day go through my hands.

The amount of mail from the UK that is supposed to go to Preston in Lancashire, that ends up in Preston in Aus is amazing.... thats what happens once it gets mis-barcoded in the UK. Most of it seems to be headed for Preston townhall in Lancashire, ends up trying to get to Preston Townhall, Preston here in Melbourne. We also get a lot for a major Preston Lancashire travel agency, all UK based mail. Ends up trying to get to a Preston travel agency in Melbourne.

Then theres Austrian mail.... They happen to have similar post codes to Australia believe it or not. We get Austrian mail from bloody everywhere... once it's been mis barcoded in the country of origin.

Last edited by ozzieeagle; Apr 24th 2013 at 8:45 am.
Old Apr 24th 2013, 9:19 am
BE Forum Addict

petensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond repute

My postie husband had a do not bend letter today already bent due to getting wet when being transported to Perth.It is not always the local postie's fault!
Old Apr 24th 2013, 12:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
to me, I still wait for disaster....!
Carrying it into the city to get a frame, a woman knocked it out from under my arm and it almost got trampled under foot..

it's not always the postal system...
Old Jun 27th 2013, 8:03 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Here we go...more classic A post!

Someone was home at each of these times.

And of course because they didn't in fact present at my address at all, they didn't leave a card and I'm supposed to use my woman's intuition to just know that there's an item waiting and where it is.

Now I'll have to rock up to the parcel office tomorrow and the grumpy bint there will huff and tut as usual when I tell her I know there's an item for me but no one bothered to leave a card...AGAIN!
Old Jun 27th 2013, 8:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

That'll most likely be a split relieving round where they have difficulty tracing the postie on duty BC.... Probably because the usual postie is off sick or on holidays.... No excuse just the facts of the matter. Unexcusable in reality, especially no card.

Somewhere in Aus some parcel handler will be definitely doing something similar to this. I've seen it myself... usually one item at a time and into a cage, they can get thrown 8 meters or more though, usually from the middle of a U shaped array, especially if the item looks sturdy., Individual parcels get thrown every day in every facility as a matter of course.

Hence there is definitely no fragile policy, and make sure you have loads of bubble and or air wraps around your Parcel.

I'm pretty damn sure I used to see the mail bags thrown when I saw the Mail train at Euston station as well on my daily commute from Wolverton station MK.
Old Jun 27th 2013, 8:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

. double
Old Jun 27th 2013, 8:53 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bcworld
Here we go...more classic A post!

http://i40.tinypic.com/kcf4mh.png

Someone was home at each of these times.

And of course because they didn't in fact present at my address at all, they didn't leave a card and I'm supposed to use my woman's intuition to just know that there's an item waiting and where it is.

Now I'll have to rock up to the parcel office tomorrow and the grumpy bint there will huff and tut as usual when I tell her I know there's an item for me but no one bothered to leave a card...AGAIN!
Could be worse you might be waiting for ever for your birthday card. Thieving Bar-steward didn't even go to gaol. Full Story
Old Jun 27th 2013, 8:59 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cresta57
Could be worse you might be waiting for ever for your birthday card. Thieving Bar-steward didn't even go to gaol. Full Story
I'm still missing one that never showed up in Brisbane in 2004...yes, it had cash in it!
Old Jun 27th 2013, 8:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by cresta57
I see your story and raise you X 600 Royal Mail Workers.

http://www.deadlinenews.co.uk/2013/0...-compensation/

Wonder which end your card went missing
Old Jun 27th 2013, 11:52 am
BE Forum Addict

roaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
http://youtube.com/watch?v=v3CWkEZ_wiU

I'm pretty damn sure I used to see the mail bags thrown when I saw the Mail train at Euston station as well on my daily commute from Wolverton station MK.
I think I trust Russian Post more than Australia Post.