Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Why do estate agents have a bad name?

Wikiposts

Why do estate agents have a bad name?

Old Apr 20th 2006, 12:39 am
Blah Blah Blah

Buttockup has a reputation beyond reputeButtockup has a reputation beyond reputeButtockup has a reputation beyond reputeButtockup has a reputation beyond reputeButtockup has a reputation beyond reputeButtockup has a reputation beyond reputeButtockup has a reputation beyond reputeButtockup has a reputation beyond reputeButtockup has a reputation beyond reputeButtockup has a reputation beyond reputeButtockup has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Why do estate agents have a bad name?

My estate agent is called Margaret. Nothing wrong with that.
Old Apr 20th 2006, 12:45 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Buttockup

there's always one isn`t there
Old Apr 20th 2006, 12:50 am
Blah Blah Blah

Buttockup has a reputation beyond reputeButtockup has a reputation beyond reputeButtockup has a reputation beyond reputeButtockup has a reputation beyond reputeButtockup has a reputation beyond reputeButtockup has a reputation beyond reputeButtockup has a reputation beyond reputeButtockup has a reputation beyond reputeButtockup has a reputation beyond reputeButtockup has a reputation beyond reputeButtockup has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steve`o
there's always one isn`t there
What do you mean? That I have nothing to contribute to this thread? Well..........you'd be spot on!
Old Apr 20th 2006, 1:29 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Buttockup
mines called
lying useless basterds

funny though they never use that name on the sales boards
Old Apr 20th 2006, 1:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by benny the ball
Just out of interest, where on the internet did you advertise. How easy was the whole process. I'm interested because I might try this approach.

There is also www.houseladder.co.uk

I have ours on there and have had 5 people interested, only problem for me is that I have the free option and can only get interested peoples details if I pay for an upgrade. Although I did get one fella turn up at the house!!

Since we had an estate agent, I decided not to bother paying to find out who they were as they all seemed like landlords and I thought they'd be looking to drop our price quite a bit.

For £120 you get a year ad, free for sale sign and your house is listed on 150 sites.
Old Apr 20th 2006, 1:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Bookie is a glorious beacon of lightBookie is a glorious beacon of lightBookie is a glorious beacon of lightBookie is a glorious beacon of lightBookie is a glorious beacon of lightBookie is a glorious beacon of lightBookie is a glorious beacon of lightBookie is a glorious beacon of lightBookie is a glorious beacon of lightBookie is a glorious beacon of lightBookie is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by steve`o
mines called
lying useless basterds

funny though they never use that name on the sales boards
I seem to of touched a sore point with this thread.
Am I bovverred????
Old Apr 20th 2006, 1:46 am
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bookie
I seem to of touched a sore point with this thread.
Am I bovverred????
nahhhh it's nothing new...we've known of the m/f for yrs
Old Apr 22nd 2006, 4:23 am
One of Big G's girls.

Loubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by kerrie/wayne
we agree crap useless estate agents ...dont they understand what you tell them
we said to ours to check out time taster and what did they do sent out a time waster who cheeky sods put a offer in and did even have the funds which we found out after easter and wasted a week on them ...we have two offers and lost them via the agent so put the house up with another agent and have to start all over ago...
we have lose around 4 months by agents farting around ....

we was hoping for june but think it will be sep n

so every one out there you think the visa is a pain wait til you try and sell your house stressed isn the word :scared:

cheers kez and wayne {need a few of them}
I know exactly how you feel - we've just wasted 8 weeks on some joker who put in an offer and had the survey done etc. but couldn't afford the property anyway. Now had to put the house back on at a lower price and not a sniff of an offer, just a couple of time wasters out for a days sightseeing!!!
Have got the visas ( easy compared to the house sale ) and have lost the job I had lined up to start in June!!
I could bloody cry - forget that - I already have!
Here's to all of us waiting!!!
Old Apr 22nd 2006, 4:30 am
One of Big G's girls.

Loubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to behold

[QUOTE=WendyC]There is also www.houseladder.co.uk

Although I did get one fella turn up at the house!!

Was he good looking
Seriously, thanks for the info re houseladder. Will look at this as an option. Need to rethink our marketing plan ( estate agent obviously not skilled in this area!).
Strange as our other house sales were really quick and smooth and we think that this is probably the nicest and best priced house we have sold.
Old Apr 22nd 2006, 4:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Loubags

Was he good looking
Seriously, thanks for the info re houseladder. Will look at this as an option. Need to rethink our marketing plan ( estate agent obviously not skilled in this area!).
Strange as our other house sales were really quick and smooth and we think that this is probably the nicest and best priced house we have sold.

No he was a right minger

change your agent if you are not happy with their service, we did and it was the best move we ever made, cos we now have an offer after only two weeks.
Old Apr 22nd 2006, 4:45 am
One of Big G's girls.

Originally Posted by WendyC
No he was a right minger

change your agent if you are not happy with their service, we did and it was the best move we ever made, cos we now have an offer after only two weeks.
Cheers wendy
We've arranged to meet the agent on Monday evening to discuss further. Have told her that we will be looking at all options, including changing agents, so maybe thats what we will end up doing. Houseladder looks like an option to do as well as with an agent, so OH is just going round the house taking pictures ( hopefully not of me, as I'm having a seriously bad hair day :scared: )
Hope your sale goes well - will keep fingers crossed for you!
Old Apr 22nd 2006, 4:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Cheers wendy
We've arranged to meet the agent on Monday evening to discuss further. Have told her that we will be looking at all options, including changing agents, so maybe thats what we will end up doing. Houseladder looks like an option to do as well as with an agent, so OH is just going round the house taking pictures ( hopefully not of me, as I'm having a seriously bad hair day :scared: )
Hope your sale goes well - will keep fingers crossed for you!
I cheated with the pics and used the one the agent had on his website

I also made sure I used the picture of the front with the sign outside, so anyone who wanted to look could identify which agent we used
Old Apr 22nd 2006, 5:01 am
One of Big G's girls.

Originally Posted by WendyC
I cheated with the pics and used the one the agent had on his website

I also made sure I used the picture of the front with the sign outside, so anyone who wanted to look could identify which agent we used
Nice one! We've got a virtual tour with the agent - wonder if we can put the site address down on the houseladder details
Thought the visa and job would be the hardest part of the move - how wrong could I be.
Sun now officially over the yardarm ( or whatever the expression is!) Time for a snifter
Old Apr 22nd 2006, 5:27 am
BE Enthusiast

nicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond repute

I know exactly how you feel - we've just wasted 8 weeks on some joker who put in an offer and had the survey done etc. but couldn't afford the property anyway. Now had to put the house back on at a lower price and not a sniff of an offer, just a couple of time wasters out for a days sightseeing!!!
Have got the visas ( easy compared to the house sale ) and have lost the job I had lined up to start in June!!
I could bloody cry - forget that - I already have!
Here's to all of us waiting!!!
#

our agent did nothing for a week didnt even put it on the net. then a week later we got a board a week later they put it in property guide only to list the wrong street and area address, a sh*it one as well I may add. then I had my first viewer today who I have no idea if he will buy it or not and he said he rang them on thursday to view it and guess what they didnt ring him back so he had to ring them again from Holland on friday and after which they rang him back in the afternoon.

Hubby is fuming.We are listing on house ladder from tomorrow too also ringing agent on monday to threaten to pull out and go to another agent if they dont pull threre finger out. I want to be out of uk by end june beginning july and boy oh boy I am not going to let a chuffin estate agent get in my way.!!!

estate agents two words that really mean LAZY USELESS UNBOTHERED W**Kers!!!!