Wikiposts

Why....

Old Feb 22nd 2011, 10:34 pm
Rhino with a big horn!

Rambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Why....

Originally Posted by paulry
They've ruined my otherwise perfect life

And followed by another sequel: "Who put the road through that roundabout?"
Actually down in Melbourne we get tram tracks through the centre of roundabouts.
Old Feb 22nd 2011, 10:37 pm
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rambi
And the sequel 'Who put those fugging traffic lights on that roundabout?'

Coming to Aus soon (if it hasn't already ).
Already here

They've ruined my otherwise perfect life

And followed by another sequel: "Who put the road through that roundabout?"
I like roundabouts here actually, it's the only place the natives seem cautious ... my OH states that they are a recent import so the locals are still getting used to them
Old Feb 22nd 2011, 10:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

elice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond repute

Actually down in Melbourne we get tram tracks through the centre of roundabouts.
And we get to turn right from the left lane
Old Feb 22nd 2011, 10:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DeadVim
Already here

I like roundabouts here actually, it's the only place the natives seem cautious ... my OH states that they are a recent import so the locals are still getting used to them
It's not the locals I'm worried about, it's all the Brits showing such disregard for such an important road feature over here!
Old Feb 22nd 2011, 10:47 pm
Rhino with a big horn!

Rambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by elice_in_oz
And we get to turn right from the left lane
True.

Personally I've never had any difficulty with the hook-turns. But they scare the bejezus out of my wife. I don't think she's ever done one.
Old Feb 22nd 2011, 10:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

True.

Personally I've never had any difficulty with the hook-turns. But they scare the bejezus out of my wife. I don't think she's ever done one.
You never had a domestic fight? Meaning she's never planted you with a left hook?

Last edited by Alfresco; Feb 22nd 2011 at 10:57 pm.
Old Feb 22nd 2011, 10:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

elice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond repute

True.

I'm not a huge fan myself but I have done a few. If a French woman who learnt to drive on the right can do one, I'm sure your wife can manage Though to be honest, I've mostly driven through the CBD at the weekend when there are fewer trams and less traffic
Old Feb 22nd 2011, 11:08 pm
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alfresco
It's not the locals I'm worried about, it's all the Brits showing such disregard for such an important road feature over here!
The highlight of my driving day is finely judging a roundabout entry ... I regard them highly, I pride myself on correctly indicating onto and off of them ... It's a small pleasure but ...
Old Feb 23rd 2011, 12:16 am
BE Enthusiast

al150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to behold

And it's a good habit - better to over indicate. Just not really noticed it in the UK

I like the arrows too. For the most part the roads, traffic lights, etc are better than the UK. They've gone a bit overboard here with the layout's of the central reservations though especially for traffic entering/leaving some side streets.

Loving the fact that we don't have to suffer roundabouts on roundabouts

http://www.notnormalforlondon.dreamh...ut_470x350.jpg
That photo brings back memories of the magic roundabout it Hemel Hempstead. Confused the hell out of me when I first started driving but now can't work out what the fuss was all over & use to drive round it regularly.

Alison x
Old Feb 23rd 2011, 5:18 am
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HelenTD
The hose just won't reach over the top of our roof rack and the high back on our car, so I have to fill up on the same side as the fuel cap.
I normally just pull up a little further and then bring the hose round the back of the car, it's easier than trying to get it over the top
Old Feb 23rd 2011, 7:59 am
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kapri
I normally just pull up a little further and then bring the hose round the back of the car, it's easier than trying to get it over the top
The only thing you have to watch for (if you're filling the tank up) is that the nozzle is firmly in the spout because sometimes the "tank full" mechanism doesn't kick in and when it becomes full you shower your feet wth petrol . Not great if you then have to walk around the office wth feet smelling like a petrol bomber.

Last edited by paulry; Feb 23rd 2011 at 8:12 am.
Old Feb 23rd 2011, 3:07 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

The only thing you have to watch for (if you're filling the tank up) is that the nozzle is firmly in the spout because sometimes the "tank full" mechanism doesn't kick in and when it becomes full you shower your feet wth petrol . Not great if you then have to walk around the office wth feet smelling like a petrol bomber.
Great smell though
Old Feb 23rd 2011, 5:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

HelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kapri
This car is 4785mm long, 1910 wide and 1730 high. If I move forward enough and the hose is long enough, I block other cars moving around the petrol station if I'm at the front bowser, or can't move forward enough if I'm at the 2nd bowser. I normally fill up outside peak hours, but at petrol stations with limited access, other cars are just going to have to wait. There are a lot of Toyotas and 4WDs in Perth, and there always people waiting - this is the laid-back and relaxed city, right?.
Attached Thumbnails Why....-kluger.jpg  
Old Feb 23rd 2011, 5:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

This car is 4785mm long, 1910 wide and 1730 high. If I move forward enough and the hose is long enough, I block other cars moving around the petrol station if I'm at the front bowser, or can't move forward enough if I'm at the 2nd bowser. I normally fill up outside peak hours, but at petrol stations with limited access, other cars are just going to have to wait. There are a lot of Toyotas and 4WDs in Perth, and there always people waiting - this is the laid-back and relaxed city, right?.
Yep, me too!

(I put the new wheels on since the floods)

Last edited by Alfresco; Feb 23rd 2011 at 5:47 pm.
Old Feb 23rd 2011, 5:48 pm
Mostly Harmless

The downside with running that is once you have moved from the first bowser then you already need a top-up at the second.

Some of those things never leave the forecourt

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.