Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Who's the Rock star Daddy?

Who's the Rock star Daddy?

Old Jul 14th 2013, 4:04 am
Not actually a squirrel

brissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Who's the Rock star Daddy?

I just read an interesting story in the Daily Mail about a married UK rock star who is reported to have fathered a child outside of his marriage while on tour.

Do you think the mother of the child should tell his wife and/or get financial support?

Why?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ove-child.html
Old Jul 14th 2013, 4:24 am
BE Enthusiast

Bikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Who's the Rock star Daddy?

The father should be providing reasonable financial support for his child - as long as the child is accepted/confirmed as being his.
However there should be no blackmail for the mother to gain from.
Old Jul 14th 2013, 6:09 am

Kelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond repute

He's obviously got a set of balls he needs to find them and tell his wife himself!
My first guess would be Chris Martin from Coldplay I imagine that gwynnie wears the pants in their house.
Old Jul 14th 2013, 6:25 am
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kelli28
He's obviously got a set of balls he needs to find them and tell his wife himself!
My first guess would be Chris Martin from Coldplay I imagine that gwynnie wears the pants in their house.
He's not a rock star.

Only thinks he is.
Old Jul 14th 2013, 6:36 am
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

GarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brissybee
I just read an interesting story in the Daily Mail about a married UK rock star who is reported to have fathered a child outside of his marriage while on tour.

Do you think the mother of the child should tell his wife and/or get financial support?

Why?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ove-child.html
First, the Daily Mail? Yughh.

Second, nope. He shouldn't give the money grabber a penny, and indeed if she goes around selling the story, etc. he should sue her for every cent of her ill gotten gains. If she tells the wife, he should sue for damages and mental distress.

He had a quick one night stand on tour; he didn't go into a relationship, or indeed want a child. That was down to her. And given her subsequent behaviour I know who I blame.

You may now commence the flaming and puritanical moralising.
Old Jul 14th 2013, 6:41 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GarryP
First, the Daily Mail? Yughh.

Second, nope. He shouldn't give the money grabber a penny, and indeed if she goes around selling the story, etc. he should sue her for every cent of her ill gotten gains. If she tells the wife, he should sue for damages and mental distress.

He had a quick one night stand on tour; he didn't go into a relationship, or indeed want a child. That was down to her. And given her subsequent behaviour I know who I blame.

You may now commence the flaming and puritanical moralising.
He may not have wanted a child but that's what he has, and he should be a man and support that child. If he's displaying a similar attitude to you, then it is no wonder that the mother is threatening to tell the wife. She may well be a gold digger, but that should in no way reflect on the child who is innocent in this situation.
Old Jul 14th 2013, 6:55 am
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

GarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
He may not have wanted a child but that's what he has, and he should be a man and support that child. If he's displaying a similar attitude to you, then it is no wonder that the mother is threatening to tell the wife. She may well be a gold digger, but that should in no way reflect on the child who is innocent in this situation.
The 1950s called, they want their attitude back.

Since then we are supposed to have moved on, in particular in terms of gender equality, birth control and responsibility. However this is one example of where outdated attitudes still hold sway.

Sex =/= Procreation

The decision to have sex does not imply, nor should it imply, the desire or acceptance of having kids. However, when this subject comes up we inevitably end up with some implicitly sin based argument - he shouldn't have 'sinned' if he didn't want the kid. We are well past that.

Responsibility for the kid being in the world should rest exactly where the decision was - with this woman. He didn't get a chance to be involved in that decision, he wasn't even told, yet now HER actions are supposed to cost HIM £2m and his marriage? Sod that.

You are right, I feel sorry for the kid - but put the blame and responsibility for what happened where it should lie; don't play puritanical, sexist, sin-blame games.

PS as you might guess, the inequality in this argument area really gets my goat - so if I get the usual insults I'll leave it at that.
Old Jul 14th 2013, 6:57 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Since then we are supposed to have moved on, in particular in terms of gender equality, birth control and responsibility. However this is one example of where outdated attitudes still hold sway.

Sex =/= Procreation

The decision to have sex does not imply, nor should it imply, the desire or acceptance of having kids. However, when this subject comes up we inevitably end up with some implicitly sin based argument - he shouldn't have 'sinned' if he didn't want the kid. We are well past that.

Responsibility for the kid being in the world should rest exactly where the decision was - with this woman. He didn't get a chance to be involved in that decision, he wasn't even told, yet now HER actions are supposed to cost HIM £2m and his marriage? Sod that.

You are right, I feel sorry for the kid - but put the blame and responsibility for what happened where it should lie; don't play puritanical, sexist, sin-blame games.

PS as you might guess, the inequality in this argument area really gets my goat - so if I get the usual insults I'll leave it at that.
I get that sex =/= procreation, that was why they invented party hats. If you choose not to use protection, you should accept the consequences. An seeing as you mentioned equality - I'm gonna guess that right now one of the sexes is ensuring the welfare of the child.
Old Jul 14th 2013, 7:16 am
Not actually a squirrel

brissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond repute

Bottom line... he has a daughter.

He is in a position to assist with her financial and emotional welfare and should do so.
Old Jul 14th 2013, 7:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

He is in a position to assist with her financial and emotional welfare and should do so.
Yup, DNA test, face the music in the marital home, pay up and look big. What an idiot!
Old Jul 14th 2013, 7:29 am

Kelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond repute

Sex =/= Procreation

Would you feel the same if it were the wife that got pregnant to someone else and didn't tell the husband?
Old Jul 14th 2013, 7:40 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Would you feel the same if it were the wife that got pregnant to someone else and didn't tell the husband?
Can we leave Prince Harry out of this please his half brother is about to become a dad
Old Jul 14th 2013, 9:01 am
BE Forum Addict

Hebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cresta57
Can we leave Prince Harry out of this please his half brother is about to become a dad
Yawn!
Old Jul 14th 2013, 9:30 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

According to the article (no idea what truth there is in that), so far there has been no DNA test done. No reason whatsoever he should pay anything.

Should the general public not wait until the facts are known before lynching someone? Especially when it's only the business of the child's parents and the spouse. **** me, I'd never want to be famous, not even allowed to fart without the world passing judgement on the smell. Pisses me off big time.
Old Jul 14th 2013, 10:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

What if? it was him.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.