Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Who's going where this year?

Wikiposts

Who's going where this year?

Old Jan 4th 2015, 3:34 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Who's going where this year?

As for the rest of you, emigration hasn't curbed your wanderlust! So many exciting trips planned, it's going to be a great year on the Barbie for holiday stories

We leave Tuesday morning, but I packed my bag today. Tried to do it when Scouse wasn't around, I don't want to hear 'HOW many pairs of shoes are you taking?!!!'
Old Jan 4th 2015, 3:38 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Molly, I shall rely upon your innate good sense and taste to keep you out of trouble while I'm away.

And if that doesn't work, I'll visit you in hospital
Old Jan 4th 2015, 7:07 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
As for the rest of you, emigration hasn't curbed your wanderlust! So many exciting trips planned, it's going to be a great year on the Barbie for holiday stories

We leave Tuesday morning, but I packed my bag today. Tried to do it when Scouse wasn't around, I don't want to hear 'HOW many pairs of shoes are you taking?!!!'
Think its living in Brisbane thats given me wanderlust! And having a mate who has made me realise I really can just get up and go and experience the world, just like that.
Four days to Tassie, bring it on
Old Jan 4th 2015, 8:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Think its living in Brisbane thats given me wanderlust! And having a mate who has made me realise I really can just get up and go and experience the world, just like that.
Four days to Tassie, bring it on
Enjoy it, beautiful island. Seen flights as low as 29 bucks from melbourne, I will be taking advantage of that!
Old Jan 4th 2015, 11:13 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

My brother is getting married in the UK in June so will be going to that

I have permission from the minister of war and finance to go to the Oktoberfest in Munich. It's 10 years since I last went and planning to meet up with some friends from the UK and SA there

We have a family holiday in Asia planned - but that may change

Also hope to get to some of the RWC in the UK

I will probably be working overseas a lot this year too
Old Jan 4th 2015, 11:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
I have permission from the minister of war and finance to go to the Oktoberfest in Munich. It's 10 years since I last went and planning to meet up with some friends from the UK and SA there
Best get some good travel insurance

Old Jan 4th 2015, 11:51 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beoz
Just another day at one of the best parties in the world!
Old Jan 4th 2015, 11:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Just another day at one of the best parties in the world!
Went once about 10 years ago. It's mayhem. Best group to not associate with. The Italians - as an Oktoberfest bouncer said to me. "They rarely drink at home, come up here to Munich and drink without practice."
Old Jan 4th 2015, 12:16 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Originally Posted by Beoz
Went once about 10 years ago. It's mayhem. Best group to not associate with. The Italians - as an Oktoberfest bouncer said to me. "They rarely drink at home, come up here to Munich and drink without practice."
The Italians are a real problem at Wiesn - the Germans hate them

Aussies, Kiwis and Saffas have a huge contingent and most have a good time. Sure, there are always a few idiots but most just party

Lots of Americans (mainly military). They are lightweight drinkers

Not many Brits go, which is a bit surprising given its fame and notoriety
Old Jan 4th 2015, 12:20 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

They don't need to go to another country to get a decent pint
Old Jan 4th 2015, 12:24 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Originally Posted by Grayling
They don't need to go to another country to get a decent pint
It's more to do with the fact that most are still fighting the 2nd world war
Old Jan 4th 2015, 12:26 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

It's more to do with the fact that most are still fighting the 2nd world war
As opposed to Gallipoli?
Old Jan 4th 2015, 11:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Molly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond repute

Molly, I shall rely upon your innate good sense and taste to keep you out of trouble while I'm away.

And if that doesn't work, I'll visit you in hospital
thanks!
Originally Posted by Pollyana
Thanks
I'll see how it works out, definitely have to try and meet up. I'm trying to get on a course down there for work, with a coule of extra days at the end for the cricket so
Yep that'd be great!

Originally Posted by carolinephillips
Nope- she is still doing all the online training! (Modules on how to clean your hands, wear your hair, make-up not permitted etc.... and the company rules and regs and honesty policy etc, etc....)
Bloomin heck! Did you know that Macdoodles was voted as one of the top ten companies to work for last year?
The Italians are a real problem at Wiesn - the Germans hate them

Aussies, Kiwis and Saffas have a huge contingent and most have a good time. Sure, there are always a few idiots but most just party

Lots of Americans (mainly military). They are lightweight drinkers

More Brits seem to be going to it now, the football crowds mainly. There's a big bunch of Chelsea fans who go each year.
Old Jan 5th 2015, 12:19 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Molly Coddle

More Brits seem to be going to it now, the football crowds mainly. There's a big bunch of Chelsea fans who go each year.
Nooo, don't tell my niece, she'll be booking us a trip there, her in blue and me to pick up the pieces
Old Jan 5th 2015, 2:04 am
BE Enthusiast

Daisytreadlight has a reputation beyond reputeDaisytreadlight has a reputation beyond reputeDaisytreadlight has a reputation beyond reputeDaisytreadlight has a reputation beyond reputeDaisytreadlight has a reputation beyond reputeDaisytreadlight has a reputation beyond reputeDaisytreadlight has a reputation beyond reputeDaisytreadlight has a reputation beyond reputeDaisytreadlight has a reputation beyond reputeDaisytreadlight has a reputation beyond reputeDaisytreadlight has a reputation beyond repute

Oh spouse I've been away for christmas so only just seen this. Have a fab time, and a girl can never take too many pairs of shoes Can't wait to hear all about it, hope you have a safe journey, take care. X

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.