Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Who's Been To The Sales Then?

Who's Been To The Sales Then?

Old Dec 29th 2006, 3:32 pm
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute
Default Who's Been To The Sales Then?

ME

OH and I had a night off so when the kids were collected at lunchtime, we drove to Glasgow, booked into our hotel, and hit the shops. We had 4 lovely hours of child-free shopping I got some lovely new tops, jeans, trousers, and a dress. OH got a couple of things but in usual bloke style, his bags contained an ADSL filter, a DVD player and a new phone extension It's official, he now has enough cables to reach Aus and back

We then had a cocktail in TGI's then back to the hotel for showers before meeting mates in town for dinner.

What a fab day out

Going back to Glasgow for a "ladies" only lunch and might indulge in just a little more retail therapy before I come back.

So, did any of you grab any realyl good bargains in the sales?
Old Dec 29th 2006, 4:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

sarah-jayne has a reputation beyond reputesarah-jayne has a reputation beyond reputesarah-jayne has a reputation beyond reputesarah-jayne has a reputation beyond reputesarah-jayne has a reputation beyond reputesarah-jayne has a reputation beyond reputesarah-jayne has a reputation beyond reputesarah-jayne has a reputation beyond reputesarah-jayne has a reputation beyond reputesarah-jayne has a reputation beyond reputesarah-jayne has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Who's Been To The Sales Then?

Certainly did grab a few bargains, love retail therapy, gots some lovely clothes. Looking for a new lap top in sales and maybe sat nav been thats more hubbies area and as he hasnt had time yet may have to wait a bit.

So whats been your lucky bargain.

Sarah
Old Dec 29th 2006, 5:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Donna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to behold

Hi yeah went today with a friend from work. Picked the wrong day weather terrible and shops still soooo busy. Only got a few bits but had a fine chat/giggle with the coffee Donna
Old Dec 29th 2006, 5:03 pm
Account Closed

sassycat is an unknown quantity at this point

A new tumble dryer - mine blew up in BIG style Christmas morning - took all the electrics with it - luckily a relative is a sparx

Unfortunately cant afford anything else now
Old Dec 29th 2006, 5:04 pm
pink 'n' bouncy

stuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sassycat
A new tumble dryer - mine blew up in BIG style Christmas morning - took all the electrics with it - luckily a relative is a sparx

Unfortunately cant afford anything else now
I bet you've got some money for alcohol
Old Dec 29th 2006, 5:06 pm
Account Closed

sassycat is an unknown quantity at this point

OI

How well you know me

Actually no need - still have plenty left over
Old Dec 29th 2006, 8:08 pm
Banned

Location: I refuse to answer on the grounds it may incriminate me
Luke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond repute

Big W has 20% off tv's
I picked up an 81cm LCD tv for $760 after the discount and the wife's employee discount. Pretty good deal I thought and I sold the old 28" to the guy next door for 2 mowing's of my front and back lawn !
Old Dec 29th 2006, 8:26 pm
Forum Regular

brickies wife is just really nicebrickies wife is just really nicebrickies wife is just really nicebrickies wife is just really nicebrickies wife is just really nicebrickies wife is just really nicebrickies wife is just really nicebrickies wife is just really nicebrickies wife is just really nice

Went to Brighton, got a pair or trousers a bra and seven pairs of knickers for £13.00 BARGAIN
Old Dec 29th 2006, 8:32 pm
Forum Regular

janet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud of

dishwasher ours went xmas day , lovely puddle all over the kitchen floor . Got a kipling handbag aswell , daughter got bargin vans trainers so happy house
jan x
Old Dec 29th 2006, 9:04 pm
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by herrchook
ME

OH and I had a night off so when the kids were collected at lunchtime, we drove to Glasgow, booked into our hotel, and hit the shops. We had 4 lovely hours of child-free shopping I got some lovely new tops, jeans, trousers, and a dress. OH got a couple of things but in usual bloke style, his bags contained an ADSL filter, a DVD player and a new phone extension It's official, he now has enough cables to reach Aus and back

We then had a cocktail in TGI's then back to the hotel for showers before meeting mates in town for dinner.

What a fab day out

Going back to Glasgow for a "ladies" only lunch and might indulge in just a little more retail therapy before I come back.

So, did any of you grab any realyl good bargains in the sales?
Well done you! I splashed out on a FABULLLLOUS pair of black Hobbs shoes and a pure new wool medium weight formal coat - both just right for work and Melbourne winters!

I normally don't buy a thing but I had this 'Go on, go on' mantra going on in my head and there I was at the checkout!
Old Dec 29th 2006, 9:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

stacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond repute

Went to Next today thought i'd missed all the bargains as i couldn't be bothered to queue out side it's doors at 5am. But i brought LOADS of stuff all half price!!!! i just love a bargain.
Old Dec 29th 2006, 9:28 pm

Hels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond repute

I got some good bargains down here....got some 1000 thread count sheets for nearly $200 off normal price...

Got a Mundial knife set and saved nearly $100

Oh, and some new towels....

Old Dec 29th 2006, 9:29 pm
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stacey and jordan
Went to Next today thought i'd missed all the bargains as i couldn't be bothered to queue out side it's doors at 5am. But i brought LOADS of stuff all half price!!!! i just love a bargain.
Sounding like an utter snob....I bought stuff I really wanted in Next days before christmas as sales (especially Next) never work for me. In the sales, I always find the size 28 trousers in fuschia, made for the individual with a left left substantially shorter than the right leg and not much else.

I did think at the time, why am I buying this stuff at full price but the thought of the masses, the trawling through etc I thought what the hell.

Mr BB might need to take out a second job..eek!