Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Who would you share your money with?.......

Wikiposts

Who would you share your money with?.......

Old Apr 9th 2010, 8:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Who would you share your money with?.......

Originally Posted by scottishcelts
.....if you won a shit load of the stuff?

As far as my family are concerned, there are way too many of them, I have about 100 cousins and we are quite a close family (mum's side anyway) so some of them would get a hand out, but there are certain members of my family who would get nothing

Also, I wouldn't hand out willie nillie just because a person was related to me, bugger that.

All my friends would be looked after - as would my favourite charities.

Obviously I'm talking the Euromillion here
I'd give to family obviously. But mostly I'd invest it wisely for my kids, so they will have the same dilemma in 40 years.

My favourite charities would get a chunk (say 5%)

Oh and of course my parents and in-laws would want for nothing (unless it was something stupid like a space flight).

JTL
Old Apr 9th 2010, 8:26 pm
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
Also brings out the worst in the prize winners! Amazing these stories of people who manage to blow the lot and end up depressed...
Not to mention family members. Was watching ACA (nothing better to do at the time) last night. A guy got over $700 000 in injury compensation, and his aunt and cousin ripped him off for the lot, bought a house, and then demanded he pay $431 per week towards the outstanding mortgage.
House now on the market for $650 000 (bank owed $600 000) and the house ended up in their names, not his.....
Old Apr 9th 2010, 8:41 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Don't know I suppose my family, there aren't many, a mother, a despised uncle, a brother and family and a sister with two daughters. Oh forgot about the Husband's family but there's damn few of them. The olds don't need or want for anything, the SiL and her family we wouldn't know if we fell over them so wouldn't bother with them. I guess charity and setting my girls up for life. If I gave any to friends it would most definitely be kept anonymous - I wouldn't want them a) refusing it and b) feeling beholden to me

Probably easier just to be totally selfish and keeping it for us and certain charities.
Old Apr 10th 2010, 12:34 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
Oh and of course my parents and in-laws would want for nothing (unless it was something stupid like a space flight).

JTL
A space flight for some in-laws sounds a good idea.....

One way....

Old Apr 10th 2010, 12:36 am

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Don't know I suppose my family, there aren't many, a mother, a despised uncle, a brother and family and a sister with two daughters. Oh forgot about the Husband's family but there's damn few of them. The olds don't need or want for anything, the SiL and her family we wouldn't know if we fell over them so wouldn't bother with them. I guess charity and setting my girls up for life. If I gave any to friends it would most definitely be kept anonymous - I wouldn't want them a) refusing it and b) feeling beholden to me

Probably easier just to be totally selfish and keeping it for us and certain charities.
MP, if people found out that you had won or come into alot of money, you would have more "friends" than you ever thought you had. You'd have every man and his dog after a handout....
Old Apr 10th 2010, 12:41 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Bloke
MP, if people found out that you had won or come into alot of money, you would have more "friends" than you ever thought you had. You'd have every man and his dog after a handout....
They'd be bloody unlucky then wouldn't they?
Old Apr 10th 2010, 12:44 am

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
They'd be bloody unlucky then wouldn't they?
The trouble with money is that it sometimes brings out the worst in people......
Old Apr 10th 2010, 12:47 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

If we won heaps of money I would help some members of my family - sisters/brother/dad. I would help my best friend - she is seriously ill, I would make sure she never had to worry about money again.

I would pay off Gobbyjocks mortgage for her (BE member) because of what she has done for us and this goes back years as well as coming to Australia, I remember her calling me every single night when I was in the hospice when Mum had cancer, those calls kept me going and I won't ever forget it, not to mention looking after us when we arrived in Perth for weeks.

I would hold a huge party for all the BE members that have helped/rallied round to Mr PP and myself - Eddie, Streaks, Covenant, Manc, Sue Admin, SJ Oldfield, - plus others too many to mention but it would be a no expenses party and if I could I would fly them over and give them the party of all parties. If money was no object there are some posters on here who have really fought against the tide financially, I would like to help them.

I would like to give some to cancer research as well and also one of the PTSD charities.

My mortgage/debts would be paid off, house done up and sold and we would move somewhere more remote, I fancy Roleystone myself.

I would like to meet my nephews little boy, I have only seen him on webcam which was emotionally very difficult for me, my nephew is in the forces and the webcam was so clear, I could even see every detail on his uniform including the Union Jack on the pocket, so to see his little boy standing their trying to show me his toys - well thats not good enough, I want them in the flesh so would fly them out.

Then I would by my movie making equipment that I want and would be able to indulge that hobby and do a film making course at college., I would probably upgrade my car, rather fancy an Alfa Romeo of some sort.

But it would take a shit load of money to do that - and how nice would that be?
Old Apr 10th 2010, 12:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Hebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond repute

I would keep it all to myself and not give a single penny away - the scrounging buggers can have it when I die - or maybe not - I might leave it all to the RSPCA!
Old Apr 10th 2010, 12:53 am
Crazy Cat Lady

Originally Posted by The Bloke
The trouble with money is that it sometimes brings out the worst in people......
Speaking as someone who's never had as much money as she would like, I would like to think that if I felt it was becoming stressful or a problem having shedloads, I would offload even more to charity. However, I then wake up and realise I'm probably thinking nonsense
Old Apr 10th 2010, 12:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
A space flight for some in-laws sounds a good idea.....

One way....
Until they fall to earth, Knowing my in-laws they would survive the drop and complain about the weather when they landed.

JTL
Old Apr 10th 2010, 1:00 am
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

I'd hire an island for a month and invite everyone who's important in our life. I'd hire help so no one had to lift a finger and would be served on hand and foot so everyone gets a real rest

The day would start with a breakfast banquet & drinks, then a salad banquet & drinks for lunch and then dinner banquet at night with drinks. The day would consist of various activities which anyones interested in including relaxing massaging and pampering sessions. The kids would be entertained and kept busy and happy.

At the end of the holiday everyone would get a gift that's meaningful to them and an envelope with money to pay for the time they've taken off from work and for something they've unwittingly told me they needed during conversations on the holiday.....

For my parents, siblings and kids I'd set them up for life

Then I'd buggar off for a couple of months rumpy pumpy with the OH to decide what we want to do
Old Apr 10th 2010, 2:37 am
West is best!

oz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to all

If I won a serious amount of money I wouldn't tell anyone and those I gave to would be sworn to secrecy on the amount that they received and who from, that would be a condition! I only have a handful of close friends I'd give a major amount to, then there is all the family, mine and his who would all be looked after deserving or not. Charity would get a fair whack and I'd invest or do whatever with the rest for the kids' futures. I'd also give out to a few randoms like folk on here or elsewhere that I felt would appreciate the cash.

All I need now is the cash injection to put it all into practice!!

Ellie x
Old Apr 10th 2010, 9:58 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

I would keep $5 million for my immediate family (kids/OH) and give the rest to lesser known charities. Huntington's Foundation, charities in Africa to help distribute birth control and condoms in AIDS affected areas, charities that provide eye surgery in remote countries for those who otherwise would just go blind, maybe build schools for girls in countries where females are not allowed to be educated.
Old Apr 10th 2010, 11:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
for girls in countries where females are not allowed to be educated.
Good God - you're telling me this is not the norm!??!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.