Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Who would you share your money with?.......

Wikiposts

Who would you share your money with?.......

Old Apr 9th 2010, 3:21 pm
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Who would you share your money with?.......

.....if you won a shit load of the stuff?

As far as my family are concerned, there are way too many of them, I have about 100 cousins and we are quite a close family (mum's side anyway) so some of them would get a hand out, but there are certain members of my family who would get nothing

Also, I wouldn't hand out willie nillie just because a person was related to me, bugger that.

All my friends would be looked after - as would my favourite charities.

Obviously I'm talking the Euromillion here
Old Apr 9th 2010, 3:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Who would you share your money with?.......

Originally Posted by scottishcelts
.....if you won a shit load of the stuff?

As far as my family are concerned, there are way too many of them, I have about 100 cousins and we are quite a close family (mum's side anyway) so some of them would get a hand out, but there are certain members of my family who would get nothing

Also, I wouldn't hand out willie nillie just because a person was related to me, bugger that.

All my friends would be looked after - as would my favourite charities.

Obviously I'm talking the Euromillion here
Family and closest friends. I would get more pleasure from sharing with friends. Not just any old Tom, Dick and Harry naturally. Rather than splash it about for any old reason, I would help people finish projects or start their dream.. Their car restoration, studio, extension, et cetera - whatever floats their boat. Know quite a few people in that situation!
Old Apr 9th 2010, 4:03 pm

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
Family and closest friends. I would get more pleasure from sharing with friends. Not just any old Tom, Dick and Harry naturally. Rather than splash it about for any old reason, I would help people finish projects or start their dream.. Their car restoration, studio, extension, et cetera - whatever floats their boat. Know quite a few people in that situation!
Me too
Old Apr 9th 2010, 4:14 pm
ABCDiamond

hmmm.... Just my brother I think. Apart from wife and daughter, of course.

Old Apr 9th 2010, 5:11 pm
Tribu dei Chihuahua

squeezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud of

Oh how brilliant it would be to be able to do that eh? Obviously I'd take good care of mum and dad, but I think that it would be so cool to be able to change someones life by a relatively small amount like Badge said. For example my bruv is having it really tough at the mo as his house has a structural wall with a big crack in it and hasnt got the 6 grand to fix it, the prob gets worse with every rainfall and the recent snow in the UK this winter has really screwed it up. When I think of the difference it would make to his and his 2 young kids lives...
Old Apr 9th 2010, 6:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Kingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to behold

It would be what family I have left - the ones that I am closest to. I also have about 25 true friends and I would like to see them do ok or even provide them with a good holiday.

Most of it though would go into trust for my children's futures.
Old Apr 9th 2010, 7:06 pm
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

Immediate family (especially my nieces) would be seen right, close friends would be treated, and I'd give the rest to anybody that truly needed it.

Don't have children, never going to have children, can't take it with me. Would love to fund an orphanage, run a school for girls somewhere girls are not valued, provide an education for kids that otherwise wouldn't get one, a safe house for troubled teens - something of that nature.

All theoretical of course as I've never done the lottery but I'd still give my last ha'penny to anybody that truly needed it.
Old Apr 9th 2010, 7:11 pm
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

I'd give it all to some Afghanis so they could afford a plane ticket over here, then once they have claimed residency they could bring all of their extended Al-Qaeda family members and live off Centrelink payments for the rest of their lives while they plan their attacks on our country.

I would probably give a shit load of it to my dad so he can come over here (which he'd love to). I think sharing it with friends could be dangerous.
Old Apr 9th 2010, 7:12 pm
Account Closed

emelems is an unknown quantity at this point

I'd probably give loads to my parents and then to my brother and his family.

I would then sit back and have a good look and think about who was being a real prat about me winning the money. Money brings out the worst in people so that one would be interesting!

oh... and my lovely sister in law.. I'd give her shed loads..

Em x
Old Apr 9th 2010, 7:14 pm
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by emelems

I would then sit back and have a good look and think about who was being a real prat about me winning the money. Money brings out the worst in people so that one would be interesting!

that's exactly why I think giving it to friends and extended family could be dangerous
Old Apr 9th 2010, 7:15 pm
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute

Some in a trust fund for the kids (let the little beggars work before they get their grubby hands on it, they might appreciate it more)

Lump sum for parents, pay off siblings mortgages.

Bring friends out here for a giant party!

Spend a big chunk and invest the rest.
Old Apr 9th 2010, 7:16 pm
I'm Old Gregg!

Originally Posted by Dreamy

Bring friends out here for a giant party!
I like that idea
Old Apr 9th 2010, 7:53 pm

Originally Posted by squeezzii
Oh how brilliant it would be to be able to do that eh? Obviously I'd take good care of mum and dad, but I think that it would be so cool to be able to change someones life by a relatively small amount like Badge said. For example my bruv is having it really tough at the mo as his house has a structural wall with a big crack in it and hasnt got the 6 grand to fix it, the prob gets worse with every rainfall and the recent snow in the UK this winter has really screwed it up. When I think of the difference it would make to his and his 2 young kids lives...
Indeed
Old Apr 9th 2010, 7:55 pm

Originally Posted by Broad Shoulders

that's exactly why I think giving it to friends and extended family could be dangerous
Well don't bother giving them any you miserable git
Old Apr 9th 2010, 8:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by squeezzii
Exactly the sort of thing.

Originally Posted by emelems
I'd probably give loads to my parents and then to my brother and his family.

oh... and my lovely sister in law.. I'd give her shed loads..

Em x
Also brings out the worst in the prize winners! Amazing these stories of people who manage to blow the lot and end up depressed...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.