Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Who loves to look around houses??

Who loves to look around houses??

Old Jul 24th 2013, 1:59 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Who loves to look around houses??

Originally Posted by rasen78
Most of you I would think. Do you fancy looking around our latest purchase?

Deposit just transferred over, settlement due 29 August
And the last couple
Attached Thumbnails Who loves to look around houses??-image14.jpg   Who loves to look around houses??-main.jpg  
Old Jul 24th 2013, 8:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Polly. They downloaded overnight. (it's such a big house!)

House is awesome, Rasen!
Old Jul 24th 2013, 9:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats on purchase -looks light and spacious. What is the thing on the wall in the lounge?? Is it an air con??
Being nosey, and because I love looking at other people's houses- what are your plans for decor/reno/the garden?
Old Jul 25th 2013, 2:18 am
BE Forum Addict

elice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations! Looks very nice, with a lot of cream carpet which in my life would not survive a week!!
Old Jul 25th 2013, 2:24 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Looks good. I like the floor plan. The current owners aren't big tv watchers are they?
Old Jul 25th 2013, 3:43 am
Waiting to be a grown-up

rasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alfresco
Thanks Polly. They downloaded overnight. (it's such a big house!)

House is awesome, Rasen!
Thanks - yup the size is great

Originally Posted by carolinephillips
Congrats on purchase -looks light and spacious. What is the thing on the wall in the lounge?? Is it an air con??
Being nosey, and because I love looking at other people's houses- what are your plans for decor/reno/the garden?
It's a gas heater - there are 2 of them one in the lounge and one oin the family room.

I would love to brick up the stairs from the lounge inot tohe dining room to make that an enclosed room, then open up the storgae cupboord in the hallway to make that the entrance to the dining room. I would then knock the wall down between the kitchen and dining room to make one large L-shaped kitchen/diner/family room, and brick up the door between the hallway and family room. I would then have a wall of ovens and pantries and a nice L shaped island. The en-suite will be the first thing to do though as it needs ripping out and sealing etc.

Outside, there is approx 8' of unused garden at the rear which I would like to grass over and make usable and we want to extend the fencing out to the proper boundary and try to put a pool in, just not sure which side of the house it woud be on. I reckon there is a way to put a 2nd drivewsay in too.

Originally Posted by elice_in_oz
Congratulations! Looks very nice, with a lot of cream carpet which in my life would not survive a week!!
NOt sure it'll stay cream for long

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Looks good. I like the floor plan. The current owners aren't big tv watchers are they?
We'll make up for that
Old Jul 25th 2013, 3:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Mummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to all

Congratulations, I live on Domain and drool over a lot of places... Even been known to pop out to OFI, oh dear...
Old Jul 25th 2013, 6:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

OH and I like going to kellyville - a whole development of showhomes. Dashed good for getting ideas, and also for coming away wanting to detonate the house and start again with all the insulation and eco-features that are now around.

Grey seems to be the trendy colour atm, but I'm keeping my home neutral - apart from the kitchen which has banana coloured walls to go with both the white units and the pine furniture. Oh, and the bedroom which is garlic sage in colour (very pale greeny colour) as the previous owners have that colour built in shiny gloss units and nothing else goes. I am changing the green carpet for a neutral one though.
Old Jul 25th 2013, 6:46 am
Waiting to be a grown-up

rasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond repute

Not really thought about colour schemes. S has decided to go for a beach colour theme in his room so will have 3 walls in yellow and one in blue. L just wants purple so 1 wall will be a slightly darker one than the other 3. Think the en suite will be white tiles with silver/grey/mirrored strip mosaics and white vanity and suite. Would love a walkin shower but need to check the dimensions first.

Also be looking at wood burners for the main living areas too, but that will have to wait til after the hoped for reno
Old Jul 25th 2013, 11:41 am
Feeble Minded

SillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations on the house - it looks lovely!
Old Jul 26th 2013, 3:12 am
Daffyd Duck

commonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond repute

I've been visiting display units in my spare time.
Old Jul 26th 2013, 3:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks - yup the size is great

I would love to brick up the stairs from the lounge inot tohe dining room to make that an enclosed room, then open up the storgae cupboord in the hallway to make that the entrance to the dining room. I would then knock the wall down between the kitchen and dining room to make one large L-shaped kitchen/diner/family room, and brick up the door between the hallway and family room. I would then have a wall of ovens and pantries and a nice L shaped island. The en-suite will be the first thing to do though as it needs ripping out and sealing etc.

NOt sure it'll stay cream for long
I just poured over the plans and now your intentions are clear.
I like the way you can overlook the cream. So many people reject homes based on how they look with current owners..

I would just paint, loose the wood frames possibly, and possibly loose the carpets in one or 2 areas - even a floating floor might be the go.

Originally Posted by carolinephillips
Grey seems to be the trendy colour atm, but I'm keeping my home neutral - apart from the kitchen which has banana coloured walls to go with both the white units and the pine furniture. Oh, and the bedroom which is garlic sage in colour (very pale greeny colour) as the previous owners have that colour built in shiny gloss units and nothing else goes. I am changing the green carpet for a neutral one though.
I have a theory that current colours in recent years will age and date within a few years. Our kitchen is 10+ years old, a white colour with nice fittings and it looks better than a new kitchen (albeit without trendy slate, box sinks or overly square units). In fact it is almost timeless.
All this brown and grey is awful - I prefer the colours from the early - mid 2000s.

We have always avoided trends. We kept an old 70s/80s bathroom because a) it was a nice blue colour and b) adding a painting in there was all it took.
I've been meaning to replace the shower screen door but never got around to it.

Also be looking at wood burners for the main living areas too, but that will have to wait til after the hoped for reno
Woodburners
Old Jul 26th 2013, 6:10 am

Kelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond repute

Most of you I would think. Do you fancy looking around our latest purchase?

Deposit just transferred over, settlement due 29 August
Very nice house rasen

Do you get to keep the cuckoo clock?
Old Jul 26th 2013, 8:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kelli28
Very nice house rasen

Do you get to keep the cuckoo clock?
I'm sure she's planning to keep him.
Old Jul 26th 2013, 2:12 pm
Waiting to be a grown-up

It's the only reason we're buying the place