Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Who have you sat next to on a plane/train etc

Who have you sat next to on a plane/train etc

Old Dec 2nd 2010, 1:56 am

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute
Default Who have you sat next to on a plane/train etc

I flew back from London yesterday and had a connection from Sydney to Brisbane this morning. A bloke with a rather familiar face took the seat behind me and my thoughts were confirmed when the Qantas air hostess said "would you like more tea Mr Abbott ?"

He was a really down to earth bloke throughout the flight and I did resist the temptation to recline my seat fully into him and instead ended up just shaking his hand as I left the plane and thanked him for his hard work. (no sniggering at the back please)

So, had me thinking - who have you ended up sitting with on public transport.
Old Dec 2nd 2010, 2:03 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Who have you sat next to on a plane/train etc

Tony Abbott? I think I would've de-planed!

I once sat behind Gail Tilsley on the UD of a Thai Airways 747.

Old Dec 2nd 2010, 2:07 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Dear Lord BC! Could you have found a worse photo of her?

I've never sat with anyone important. Flying cattle class means I sit with the other peons.
Old Dec 2nd 2010, 2:07 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Oh yeah, and last year I flew to BKK and was sitting across from Suzie Wilks...she was a bit of an exhibitionist actually!

Old Dec 2nd 2010, 2:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute

I've sat next to my wife on a couple of ocassions.

I sat next to Danny Baker once . . . but that was at a Millwall match, not on a plane . . .

Old Dec 2nd 2010, 2:21 am
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spartacus

I sat next to Danny Baker once . . . but that was at a Millwall match, not on a plane . . .

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/...0/baker460.jpg
I love Danny Baker.

I'm not doing pics (because I'm technologically inept), and it's not on public transport (the pleb factor, like Dorothy) but I sat next to Sharron Davies at a judo training session when she was hanging out of Neil Adams (she was a cowbag), sat 2 rows in front of Suzi Quattro at a pantomime in York (she was tiny) and Himself followed Matt Moran through the security at Sydney Airport.

Top quality celebs

Oh - I did sit next Tiger Woods on a plane from Brisbane to Sydney, although I concede it was probably his double.. it was last Sept/Oct - if it had only been after the scandal broke, I could have offered to take him to the toilets to see if it really was him.
Old Dec 2nd 2010, 2:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dreamy
I love Danny Baker.

I'm not doing pics (because I'm technologically inept), and it's not on public transport (the pleb factor, like Dorothy) but I sat next to Sharron Davies at a judo training session when she was hanging out of Neil Adams (she was a cowbag), sat 2 rows in front of Suzi Quattro at a pantomime in York (she was tiny) and Himself followed Matt Moran through the security at Sydney Airport.

Top quality celebs

Oh - I did sit next Tiger Woods on a plane from Brisbane to Sydney, although I concede it was probably his double.. it was last Sept/Oct - if it had only been after the scandal broke, I could have offered to take him to the toilets to see if it really was him.
I always thought it was Neil Adams who was hanging out the back of Sharon Davies. . . ?

I also love Danny Baker, but in a slap-on-the-back matey sort of way . . .

Last edited by spartacus; Dec 2nd 2010 at 2:40 am.
Old Dec 2nd 2010, 2:30 am

Kelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond repute

I sat next to Jessica Simpson and Nick whatever is name is... Her ex husband at my gate while waiting to board a few year ago at LAX airport. Never spoke but I wanted to say to them "go get a room!"
Old Dec 2nd 2010, 2:33 am
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

My wife
Old Dec 2nd 2010, 2:46 am
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

DunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Centurion
I flew back from London yesterday and had a connection from Sydney to Brisbane this morning. A bloke with a rather familiar face took the seat behind me and my thoughts were confirmed when the Qantas air hostess said "would you like more tea Mr Abbott ?"

He was a really down to earth bloke throughout the flight and I did resist the temptation to recline my seat fully into him and instead ended up just shaking his hand as I left the plane and thanked him for his hard work. (no sniggering at the back please)

http://www.australia.to/2010/images/...ews/abbott.jpg

I sat behind Joan Collins once (back in 1999/2000) on a BMI flight to Nice, in the South of France. She prattled on about her lovely house to her neighbour for the entire trip....
Old Dec 2nd 2010, 2:54 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Centurion

http://www.australia.to/2010/images/...ews/abbott.jpg

This IS good news, Abbott flies Qantas ... can we get Thatcher to do the same?

It's only a matter of time ...
Old Dec 2nd 2010, 2:56 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/...0/baker460.jpg
I'm always sat on a plane next to someone that is as fat as Danny Baker.

But enough about the wife ... <Bernard Manning Ends>
Old Dec 2nd 2010, 3:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by DunRoaminTheUK
I sat behind Joan Collins once (back in 1999/2000) on a BMI flight to Nice, in the South of France. She prattled on about her lovely house to her neighbour for the entire trip....
You're not Leonard Rossiter by any chance?

Old Dec 2nd 2010, 3:15 am
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

DunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond repute

You're not Leonard Rossiter by any chance?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ICmjZXf3lto
No, he was a genius....
Old Dec 2nd 2010, 3:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by DunRoaminTheUK
No, he was a genius....
Absolutely . . . just sat watching all the old Cinzano adverts . . . still make me laugh, even with the sound off . . . that how funny he was . . . I remember as a kid, my dad literally roaring at those ads.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.