Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Who the **** is Amy Whitehouse...

Who the **** is Amy Whitehouse...

Old Jul 24th 2008, 3:24 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Who the **** is Amy Whitehouse...?

Originally Posted by I_Will_Freckle
They wanted her to go to rehab
But she said no, no, no
BOOM BOOM!
Old Jul 24th 2008, 6:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Who the **** is Amy Whitehouse...

I don't condone Hitler, but he was a major figure throughout twentieth century world history, and therefore should be in the hall of infamy, not some junkie who is seen as someone newsworthy and has impressionable kids thinking it is cool to copy her.
As for emphysema, the drugs will probably kill her first. I feel sorry for her parents and hope to god that my daughter never goes down that route.
It is a shame that people feel the need to gawp and trawl through every detail-not always accurately. Press intrusion is never good when what someone needs is to try to sort out their private lives without that pressure.
And no, I don't read any celeb mags like Chat or Hello, but you can't avoid all the "news".
I feel a rant coming on so I will stop now!!!!:curse:
Old Jul 24th 2008, 6:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carolinephillips
I don't condone Hitler, but he was a major figure throughout twentieth century world history, and therefore should be in the hall of infamy, not some junkie who is seen as someone newsworthy and has impressionable kids thinking it is cool to copy her.
As for emphysema, the drugs will probably kill her first. I feel sorry for her parents and hope to god that my daughter never goes down that route.
It is a shame that people feel the need to gawp and trawl through every detail-not always accurately. Press intrusion is never good when what someone needs is to try to sort out their private lives without that pressure.
And no, I don't read any celeb mags like Chat or Hello, but you can't avoid all the "news".
I feel a rant coming on so I will stop now!!!!:curse:
i don't buy the celeb mags either - i heard about the emphysema thing on the news, but also through a group i'm involved with that supports patients with an inherited form of emphysema.

I listened to the Sex Pistols when I was a teenager but certainly didn't look up to Sid Vicious's and his road to self destruction....I'm pretty sure most current teenagers are smart enough to know Amy's antics are not cool.
Old Jul 24th 2008, 7:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kim67
i don't buy the celeb mags either - i heard about the emphysema thing on the news, but also through a group i'm involved with that supports patients with an inherited form of emphysema.

I listened to the Sex Pistols when I was a teenager but certainly didn't look up to Sid Vicious's and his road to self destruction....I'm pretty sure most current teenagers are smart enough to know Amy's antics are not cool.
My brother played the sex pistols really loudly- being forced to listen to that stuff was awful- I don't really swear or like to listen to it much. Funny how when you are older a lot of the stuff you hated doesn't seem half so bad!

Trouble is quite a lot of kids aren't smart enough to be able to be individuals and so go with the herd mentality, and society seems to be telling us it is cool to live like she does, going out to get drunk rather than to have a good time, and taking drugs, getting into trouble etc etc... there is no shame any more!
(now I'm really showing my old age and old fogeyness)
Caroline
Old Jul 24th 2008, 9:31 am
BE Forum Addict

WelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by carolinephillips
My brother played the sex pistols really loudly- being forced to listen to that stuff was awful- I don't really swear or like to listen to it much. Funny how when you are older a lot of the stuff you hated doesn't seem half so bad!

Trouble is quite a lot of kids aren't smart enough to be able to be individuals and so go with the herd mentality, and society seems to be telling us it is cool to live like she does, going out to get drunk rather than to have a good time, and taking drugs, getting into trouble etc etc... there is no shame any more!
(now I'm really showing my old age and old fogeyness)
Caroline
My brother forced me to listen to the doors and the pistols and I havent shoved a needle full of heroin anywhere near me!!!

Also there are a lot of kids who can appreciate the music, listen to the songs and get on with normal teenage isms!! Dont tar all teenagers with the same brush...

I personally think her music is brilliant as is eminem and kanye west to name but a few!! Does this make me a bad mother!!

Last edited by WelshSarah; Jul 24th 2008 at 9:34 am. Reason: added a bit!!
Old Jul 24th 2008, 10:52 am
OH is STILL undecided grr

Racht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond repute

Great voice like Pete doherty (fantastic) dont really care who they are what they do i just love their music.