Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

The Whinging Pom (whine bar).......warning may contain nuts

Wikiposts

The Whinging Pom (whine bar).......warning may contain nuts

Old Sep 6th 2008, 7:31 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Whinging Pom (whine bar).......warning may contain nuts

Originally Posted by sallyclaire
Think you need to have a really good talk once he is home & explain how he has made you feel. It is sometimes not enough to just ignore it & let it blow over, doing that can build resentment & he needs to realise that.
We all say horrible things in anger on occasions that we don't mean, so don't take that to heart. Did he have a good reason for wanting to take the job in Turkey, eg is he worried about finances, could it lead to more work? Were you possibly being a little unreasonable too?
Just playing devils advocate so don't shoot me!
Think it is funny though that he insulted you in English! Were you arguing in Italian up until then?
ok - no major financial worries and even though his job is travelling all over the world he is an employee and can refuse jobs when and where necessary - has never refused much in past compared to his work mates so is actually in fairly good books. He even left for canada when 2nd kid was 1 week old and other was just 3. Good job I'm no shrinking violet.

His excuse was .......... you haven't actually booked anything yet for holiday.

My reasoning was : booked or not booked it's not a problem as September is not july and there are any number of places available .... Point is you knew that was only week available before school. Surely you can count too ! So why say yes to job in Turkey ?

Row was in Italian and English because i too got so mad that I let off quite a few eff offs and shut up now and leave me alone and eff off to your pal's house like you said you would ......... but his English is good enough and our kids are bilingual as i speak English with them and he listens all the time.

But you ARE RIGHT ....... even though it started as something stupid it got a bit too big and even when I asked him to stop and leave me alone and enough said (because i knew I was at the point of smashing something just to shut him up - shock treatment kind of thing) - he STILL carried on and I need to tell him that it's not on and that I felt like cutting his throat just so he couldn't go on calling me stupid or ignorant.
Old Sep 6th 2008, 7:34 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cleopatra
you're more than welcome - hope we've made you feel a bit better. xx

Now go and give him hell!!!
you have
all of you
champagne all round ......... if only i could give it properly I'd do so willingly.

Funny how an anonymous conversation sometimes does more than a real one!
Old Sep 6th 2008, 7:48 am
Account Closed

saskia65 has a spectacular aura aboutsaskia65 has a spectacular aura aboutsaskia65 has a spectacular aura about

Hey Lorna, what you doin' here?
I was going to invite everyone over to ours for a few beers and a fish and chip supper....God my life's exciting!
Old Sep 6th 2008, 7:52 am

Originally Posted by saskia65
Hey Lorna, what you doin' here?
I was going to invite everyone over to ours for a few beers and a fish and chip supper....God my life's exciting!
what am I doing ?

bitching - moaning - laughing and bemoaning the fact that there isn't a fish supper to be had here for love nor money !!!!
Old Sep 6th 2008, 9:06 am
Handsome Internet Guy

Icarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond repute

guys
Old Sep 6th 2008, 9:30 am
Forum Regular

weez75 is just really niceweez75 is just really niceweez75 is just really niceweez75 is just really niceweez75 is just really niceweez75 is just really niceweez75 is just really niceweez75 is just really niceweez75 is just really niceweez75 is just really niceweez75 is just really nice

gals
Old Sep 6th 2008, 9:51 am
Handsome Internet Guy

Icarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by weez75
gals
stranger
Old Sep 6th 2008, 9:58 am
Forum Regular

weez75 is just really niceweez75 is just really niceweez75 is just really niceweez75 is just really niceweez75 is just really niceweez75 is just really niceweez75 is just really niceweez75 is just really niceweez75 is just really niceweez75 is just really niceweez75 is just really nice

wrong one try again you intoxicated one!!
Old Sep 6th 2008, 10:01 am
Handsome Internet Guy

wrong one try again you intoxicated one!!
lol ... you wally
Old Sep 6th 2008, 10:06 am
Forum Regular

OOOOOO it's like a jolly good game of hide ansd seek!!!
Old Sep 6th 2008, 10:22 am
Handsome Internet Guy

OOOOOO it's like a jolly good game of hide ansd seek!!!
nite weez
Old Sep 6th 2008, 10:24 am
Forum Regular

sweet dreams oh drunken one
Old Sep 6th 2008, 10:26 am
Handsome Internet Guy

sweet dreams oh drunken one
you still up ?
Old Sep 6th 2008, 10:26 am
Handsome Internet Guy

Originally Posted by Icarus
you still up ?
stoopid quesion
Old Sep 6th 2008, 12:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

winedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Cleopatra
Hey you, welcome.

Come and get drunk with us.

You actually read most of the thread? How much of it made any sense?
Originally Posted by mOZzy
for reading it!!
just pull up a chair and join in

no more drinks for you!!!!!!!
Originally Posted by Off2Oz
Evening all!!

How are we all on this wet, miserable day in the UK?

Anyone fancy a drink?
Originally Posted by Icarus
go on then , if yer around
Originally Posted by Off2Oz
Crap isn't it. British weather gets on my nerves. At least in Oz we'll get some sunshine.

Any more thoughts on where you going to settle or is still undecided?
Originally Posted by sallyclaire
Hello & welcome! Where are you hoping to move to?

Sorry I missed you, could have done with a mountie last night too

That's about what I need right now, got a runny nose

WTF.....am I to assume we are all back on here these days......and why the hell did no one tell me

Sorry I missed everyone....tis 1am I think for you guys....will try and get on later see who's lurking.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.