Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller (The Continuation)

Whinging Pom House seller (The Continuation)

Old Aug 30th 2008, 12:03 pm
Forum Regular

scousemartin has a spectacular aura aboutscousemartin has a spectacular aura aboutscousemartin has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller (The Continuation)

Originally Posted by Off2Oz
Good luck SM. We too have a viewing tomorrow and my house is a tip. Mad cleaning session tomorrow.
They came, they saw, they didn't say no!

They are looking at five houses today, so they'll have their chioce.
They saw one before seeing our house, and we were in the lead, but three more to go.

Hopefully in a few months we'll be in the driving seat, trying to buy a house in a buyers market in Calgary

SM
Old Aug 30th 2008, 12:38 pm
Handsome Internet Guy

Icarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ausi dream
we may knock it all on the head , i don't know
Same here, we have emigrated to Brisbane twice and have residency.
In the process of going again but seriously thinking about not going too.[/QUOTE]

AD , i don't think we will . Its just the case of the money we was taking is slowly running down . hey ho , I'll have to get a job !

Stick your earphones in. That's what I'm doing.

Sorry tina, but that made me laugh about singing into your hairbrush.

Sounds like my EA. Was supposed to ring on Wednesday, phoned me back today.

Oh poo about the cinema. Have fish & chips. Mmmmmmmmm

Oh poo, S. Good luck with your decision.

Sorry Tina but eurgh. That wouldn't be KFC would it. *where's the sick smilie*.

PMSL about the sold sign.

Don't you dare think about jacking it in. You've come much too far for that. I know we have all been there but you've just got back from our validation and had a wicked time.

Put into perspective, man.

(that's me telling you off)

I so agree with you SC.

Good luck SM. We too have a viewing tomorrow and my house is a tip. Mad cleaning session tomorrow.

Jeez, Tina stop using so many smilies.

oohhh telling me off ! get you

Originally Posted by steveandtina
Good luck with the viewing today what time are they due????

My house is still tidy think OH and DS should go camping more often. The sun is shining I'm off to the cinema tonite to see mama mia as I'm the only person in the world who hasn't seen it hahaha

Good luck everyone hope you all have a lovely weekend xx

PSML about the smilies I think thats why I like the other side they let you have more of them
Originally Posted by Fly Away
I'm back!!

MIL has gone home at last! left me with a huge pile of washing and a fridge full of rotting food. She wouldn't eat what we eat so I had to go and buy different food for her.:curse: I thought I knew what she didn't like, but she seems to have got some sort of OCD and will only eat certain sorts of certain things. ARGGHHHHHH worse than a child.:curse:

Still haven't exchanged. Now we are waiting for a cheque to get to the mortgage comapny for the survey. WHY WASN'T this DONE MONTHS AGO????:curse: We have found a rental but we are too scared to commit in case it all goes wrong and we end up paying for a rental and the mortgage for months while we sit here waiting. What is wrong with these people???????????????:curse:

Welcome , she gone ? wohoooo

Originally Posted by scousemartin

They saw one before seeing our house, and we were in the lead, but three more to go.

Hopefully in a few months we'll be in the driving seat, trying to buy a house in a buyers market in Calgary

SM

Fingers crossed , trouble is when they look at too many you really got to stand out . Hopefully they will have a second look & offer you something to go at .
Old Aug 30th 2008, 12:40 pm
Handsome Internet Guy

Icarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond repute

You guys see Sparky _Wifes update ...
Old Aug 30th 2008, 1:25 pm
Just Joined

Codify is on a distinguished road

It might not be as much fun as we thought when we actually get over there....

Australia suffering 'man drought'
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/7589382.stm
An analysis of new census figures has shown that Australia is suffering from an unprecedented "man drought". The statistics have revealed that there are almost 100,000 more females than males in Australia.

Thirty years ago Australia was with flush with men thanks to immigration policies that favoured males. That position has been reversed because thousands of Australian men in their 20s and early 30s have gone overseas either to travel or to work.
Old Aug 30th 2008, 1:29 pm
Handsome Internet Guy

Originally Posted by Codify

sounds excellent to me
Old Aug 30th 2008, 2:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

steveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to behold

Thanks Janine - Fingers and toes crossed for 3.30pm. I hope the other people who are interested come back with an offer too. I've just asked my St Joe if he can see to this for you.

Tina - I've asked for a whole hord of viewers for you!!

Woo hoo thanks luv x

If this goes on much longer, there will be no point moving into a rental, we might as well just go to Oz. It's only the wretched visa which is stopping us, but this week they have granted some of our class, so hopefully we'll get it in a couple of weeks. It's a race, which will we do first - get the visa or get the exchange???
STOP IT!!! you will exchange soon there's a reason for the delays you will get them both on the same day, Gipsy Tina Leigh knows it. Now who wants to buy some lucky heather??? comes with a free house

SM
Fingers crossed for you x

Originally Posted by Icarus
Same here, we have emigrated to Brisbane twice and have residency.
In the process of going again but seriously thinking about not going too.
AD , i don't think we will . Its just the case of the money we was taking is slowly running down . hey ho , I'll have to get a job !

I yes we too will be going with a lot less money and I to might have to get a real job out there my dreams of being a ice cream lady out there are gone

Fingers crossed , trouble is when they look at too many you really got to stand out . Hopefully they will have a second look & offer you something to go at .[/QUOTE]

Thanks for that I will show my 18 year old son that will help give him the push he needs to come with us

Just been on a bus YIKES not done that for years. Done some shopping and walked round the car park looking for my car I knew there was a reason for being a blonde.

Won the euro lottery last night, kept dreaming of the number 7 thought yes I've won the £70m but no won 7quid - bugger
Old Aug 30th 2008, 3:04 pm
aka bunja

Off2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Janine - Fingers and toes crossed for 3.30pm. I hope the other people who are interested come back with an offer too. I've just asked my St Joe if he can see to this for you.

Tina - I've asked for a whole hord of viewers for you!!

If this goes on much longer, there will be no point moving into a rental, we might as well just go to Oz. It's only the wretched visa which is stopping us, but this week they have granted some of our class, so hopefully we'll get it in a couple of weeks. It's a race, which will we do first - get the visa or get the exchange???
You'll get your visa soon Nic. I know it. Like you say they've been issuing visas this week. Keep the faith.

SM
Sounds good SM. Let's hope yoursreally sticks in their mind.

PMSL.

Fingers crossed , trouble is when they look at too many you really got to stand out . Hopefully they will have a second look & offer you something to go at .
I have to get a job as well once we get out there.

STOP IT!!! you will exchange soon there's a reason for the delays you will get them both on the same day, Gipsy Tina Leigh knows it. Now who wants to buy some lucky heather??? comes with a free house

PMSL.

Fingers crossed for you x

I yes we too will be going with a lot less money and I to might have to get a real job out there my dreams of being a ice cream lady out there are gone

Really?

Thanks for that I will show my 18 year old son that will help give him the push he needs to come with us

Just been on a bus YIKES not done that for years. Done some shopping and walked round the car park looking for my car. I knew there was a reason for being a blonde.

Won the euro lottery last night, kept dreaming of the number 7 thought yes I've won the £70m but no won 7quid - bugger
Well done on the lotto win.

We're going to win it next week - it's up to £92million.

Well the viewings and been and gone. I think they liked it. They are going to rent their own house so don't have to worry about them selling.

We shall see what the feedback is.
Old Aug 30th 2008, 6:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

sunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to all

Good luck with your feedback. I'll keep fingers crossed for us all awaiting the wonderful offers
Old Aug 30th 2008, 7:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dawn-D is just really niceDawn-D is just really niceDawn-D is just really niceDawn-D is just really niceDawn-D is just really niceDawn-D is just really niceDawn-D is just really niceDawn-D is just really niceDawn-D is just really nice

I'm back!!

MIL has gone home at last! left me with a huge pile of washing and a fridge full of rotting food. She wouldn't eat what we eat so I had to go and buy different food for her.:curse: I thought I knew what she didn't like, but she seems to have got some sort of OCD and will only eat certain sorts of certain things. ARGGHHHHHH worse than a child.:curse:

Still haven't exchanged. Now we are waiting for a cheque to get to the mortgage comapny for the survey. WHY WASN'T this DONE MONTHS AGO????:curse: We have found a rental but we are too scared to commit in case it all goes wrong and we end up paying for a rental and the mortgage for months while we sit here waiting. What is wrong with these people???????????????:curse:
Oh Nic, sorry to hear you haven't exchanged yet due to the cheque, they drive you mad don't they. When we were waiting for stuff to be sent through our crap buyer we phoned and said we'd pay for a courier to get things there on the same day, it soon flushed them out. Maybe they are trying to slow down the process awaiting to here news on stamp duty I know how frustrating it is missing out on rentals, we missed out on a few in Queensland that we wanted but it was just as well we didn't commit now.

Fingers crossed for you that you hear some progress soon

Dawn x
Old Aug 30th 2008, 8:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

SM
Fingers crossed for you. I must say if we ever buy another house again after this trauma, I am looking forward to being in a buyers market.

Same for us all I think... bloomin credit crunch and exchange rate.

PMSL. She's right though!!

Thanks Scott, YES she's gone!! Just phoned and wanted to chat for half an hour - as if bending my ear for a week wasn't enough.

You guys see Sparky _Wifes update ...
Thanks Ic - hadn't seen it!

OMG, now I'm not going.LOL. I have to say, I have 3 stunning Aussie cousins - and their boyfriends are really ugly.... must be a man's World.

STOP IT!!! you will exchange soon there's a reason for the delays you will get them both on the same day, Gipsy Tina Leigh knows it. Now who wants to buy some lucky heather??? comes with a free house:l:

Thanks Tina. PMSL at the free house. I have the feeling it will happen on the same day too.

I yes we too will be going with a lot less money and I to might have to get a real job out there: my dreams of being a ice cream lady out there are gone

Me too - we are losing money hand over fist at the moment. I suppose it means we'll meet lots of new people. I was thinking about a chocolate shop. We could get a job together Tina and have a right laugh!

PMSL - hope it works.

Just been on a bus YIKES not done that for years. Done some shopping and walked round the car park looking for my car I knew there was a reason for being a blonde.

Oh Tina, that has made me laugh. Reminds me of the time I lost my car in the Arndale in Manchester.

Congrats on the £7 - let's hope it's the start of a winning streak. I didn't buy one last week but I have for this Saturday. If I win millions I promise to buy all your houses!

You'll get your visa soon Nic. I know it. Like you say they've been issuing visas this week. Keep the faith.

I'm trying... just worrying when we were told it is a quick visa. 8 months later and we're still waiting.

I have to get a job as well once we get out there.:

Sounds like we are all in the same boat!

Well the viewings and been and gone. I think they liked it. They are going to rent their own house so don't have to worry about them selling.

Great news!! I have everything crossed for you and St Joe is being invoked!! They sound ideal buyers. Lets hope they put in an offer and then the other folks come back too.

Originally Posted by Dawn-D
Oh Nic, sorry to hear you haven't exchanged yet due to the cheque, they drive you mad don't they. When we were waiting for stuff to be sent through our crap buyer we phoned and said we'd pay for a courier to get things there on the same day, it soon flushed them out. Maybe they are trying to slow down the process awaiting to here news on stamp duty I know how frustrating it is missing out on rentals, we missed out on a few in Queensland that we wanted but it was just as well we didn't commit now.

Fingers crossed for you that you hear some progress soon Dawn x
Thanks Dawn. I think they might be waiting for the stamp duty too. I said when it was first announced, I would still be waiting for exchange now.

We have put a deposit on the rental - £100 to take it off the market. We lose that if we pull out, but that's nothing compared to 2-3 months rent. We just have to DO something. Sitting here ordering packing boxes now - we ARE moving - by sheer force of will it will happen!!

How are you doing Dawn - are you resigned to your OH going on ahead now?
Old Aug 30th 2008, 9:05 pm
Handsome Internet Guy

guys been out for the day , catch up tomorrow .

still , least i know what the thread is about & not just poping in to say "hi" ....

good luck all , its about damn hard work that what
Old Aug 30th 2008, 9:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

steveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to behold

Sounds good SM. Let's hope yoursreally sticks in their mind.

I have to get a job as well once we get out there.

Well done on the lotto win.

We're going to win it next week - it's up to £92million.

If I win the 92m I'll buy all your houses, but want them cheap

Fingers crossed for you. I must say if we ever buy another house again after this trauma, I am looking forward to being in a buyers market.

Thanks Ic - hadn't seen it!

OMG, now I'm not going.LOL. I have to say, I have 3 stunning Aussie cousins - and their boyfriends are really ugly.... must be a man's World.

Congrats on the £7 - let's hope it's the start of a winning streak. I didn't buy one last week but I have for this Saturday. If I win millions I promise to buy all your houses!

Great news!! I have everything crossed for you and St Joe is being invoked!! They sound ideal buyers. Lets hope they put in an offer and then the other folks come back too.

Thanks Dawn. I think they might be waiting for the stamp duty too. I said when it was first announced, I would still be waiting for exchange now.

We have put a deposit on the rental - £100 to take it off the market. We lose that if we pull out, but that's nothing compared to 2-3 months rent. We just have to DO something. Sitting here ordering packing boxes now - we ARE moving - by sheer force of will it will happen!!

How are you doing Dawn - are you resigned to your OH going on ahead now?
Bloody stamp dute I wonder if it will happen.

mama mia was fantastic still singing into my hairbrush

Just catching up on the X factor i recorded, I love it when they cant sing and start begging
Old Aug 31st 2008, 7:12 am
Handsome Internet Guy

If I win the 92m I'll buy all your houses, but want them cheap

Bloody stamp dute I wonder if it will happen.

mama mia was fantastic still singing into my hairbrush

Just catching up on the X factor i recorded, I love it when they cant sing and start begging
has X Factor started again ? i like the 1st rounds
Old Aug 31st 2008, 7:14 am
sarab40

sarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of light

yep
Old Aug 31st 2008, 7:14 am
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute

Girl.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.