Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller (The Continuation)

Whinging Pom House seller (The Continuation)

Old Jun 13th 2008, 6:22 pm
aka bunja

Off2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller (The Continuation)

Originally Posted by mOZzy
aaaaarghh - now i see you in zena's outfit doing buffy tricks

i bet they see that alot ... i know they did when i was there

just my thoughts!!
you all make me laugh alot and that certainly helps!
and of course to rock the same boat .. but then again: who is going over board next?!

my ds was 3.5 then and didn't actually need a urine sample. but seeing well, hearing we needed one he decided to give one too.
OH went with him so i don't know the details, only that he filled the cup
i seem to remember hands were involved too
I think I'll be next. It's just all very stressful. When will it ever end?

Originally Posted by carolinephillips
Reading the medical stories made me smile- OH was lying on the couch and the doctor had been feeling his stomach when all of a sudden she lifts up his pants and has a good peer- most unexpected!-anyway he is definitely male which is always good to know. He also almost failed his eye test until I ponted out that it was actually quite dark and could they put the lights on? made all the difference

Changing tack, back to Uni days...The old seafront halls have mostly been sold off now, the big one near the police station was "Alex", but that was a girls' hall, the others were further down towards the pier. One of them still has my lippy crushed between the floorboards, or had until it was refurbished.... happy days.
Caroline
God he must have been worried. I remember OH having his done and the doc giving him a good feel around there, I thought OH's eyes were going to pop out of his head.

Originally Posted by nickywes
Kids just say the funniest things don't they. Hope you washed your hands after. I can just imagine your face when DD said about the wee being darker.

Slightly red would be fair to assume.

I agree, don't know what I would do without finding out what everyone else here is doing and the support you get from here is amazing.

Yep, the support is amazing. I don't know what I would have done if I didn't have you guys.

I reckon she just wanted a nose really

Well it is Friday the 13th. Today is going to be a good selling day.

I am trying to do everything before the kids are up and running around because once that happens I will have to watch them because of the dog. If I shut him in somewhere he gets worse when he sees them so am trying to get them to walk rather than run and jump everywhere. Pretty impossible task. We are going to try and get some of DN stuff later from the house and will have to hope that he isn't there. Baseball bat in car I reckon.

Good luck today all and will be back on later when I get the chance.
Let's hope you don't need the baseball bat.

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Morning all,

PMSL. At least that didn't happen at my meds. I hope the Drs was a long way away and you never have to see them again. Imagine meeting him in the street.

Ah sweetheart - we all feel the same, we need somewhere to come to get through this awful stress and you guys are all great.

PMSL again. I had to hold the pot for my DD and she was horrified. She insisted that we wrap the pots up in loo roll so no one would see them in the waiting room.

I think she thought it was quite funny weeing in a pot. She was only 5 at the time.

EWWWWWWWWWWWWW.

Not sure if we shouldn't hear more about what happened in those halls. The one's I stayed in were by the pier. Lovely houses. Wrecked by students. That botfriend is now a teacher at a catholic girls school. I often wonder how the hell he got that job.

Good luck today Nicky. Hope it is a quick grab the stuff and run. It sounds like your dog is enjoying himself immensly. I bet the kids aren't frightened.

Take care!

Just off for my shower and then I will do some serious phoning around. Wish me luck girls.
Hope you have had some results today FA.

Well so much for Friday 13th being a good omen. I've heard diddly squat. Oh well, let's hope tomorrow is more promising.

I'm off to the Good Food Show tomorrow with my DF so I shall have a whole day where I don't need to be a whinging pom house seller.
Old Jun 13th 2008, 6:35 pm
aka bunja

Off2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks both.

No news yet. Rang the private buyer and left a message. He hasn't rung back.

Just don't know what to do tbh - we don't want to lose the other buyers even if it is a lower offer. They will soon give up on us saying, we'll make a decsion soon. So annoying that our solicitor isn't working anymore. I don't have a relationship with the new solicitor. Otherwise I would ring them and ask for their advice. Can you have two sales on the go with out telling the 2 parties????? I don't want to do this, but it looks like the only way to keep them both.....
Can you not speak to your old solicitor anyway and ask for some advice?

Originally Posted by Sammy T
Its Friday the 13th and I've jsut taken my beloved horse who I have had for 6years to Horseworld where I know they will look after him and find him a lovely new home, but I cried all the way home from Bristol

Got home to find several messages (had forgotten to take mobile with me)
and I don't bloody believe it

WE HAVE EXCHANGED CONTRACTS!!!!

Have been on to the removal company, booked for next Thursday

Off to book flights now, fly 2 weeks today OMG

Am still keeping everything crossed for all of you, I so hope that you all get the good luck you all deserve so much.

Sam
YAY. CONGRATULATIONS.

I'm really pleased for you Sam. After all the delays etc it's finally come good.

Originally Posted by mickagnew
It must be a lucky day as we have EXCHANGED today as well, took us 10 months to sell but now we are there

Good luck to all

Mick
YAY. CONGRATULATIONS.

There's hope for us all.

Originally Posted by Icarus
great news Mick , good on ya
Any news from you, Ic? When do you go on your validation trip?
Old Jun 13th 2008, 6:52 pm
Living the dream :)

nickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of light

Morning all,

PMSL. At least that didn't happen at my meds. I hope the Drs was a long way away and you never have to see them again. Imagine meeting him in the street.

He was really old and he saw more of my backside than my face so probably wouldn't recognise me thank god

Good luck today Nicky. Hope it is a quick grab the stuff and run. It sounds like your dog is enjoying himself immensly. I bet the kids aren't frightened.

Couldn't get any stuff as he was there so will just have to keep washing the stuff out and then perhaps go and do a bit of clothes shopping.

Just off for my shower and then I will do some serious phoning around. Wish me luck girls.
Good luck Nic - about time you had some now

Its Friday the 13th and I've jsut taken my beloved horse who I have had for 6years to Horseworld where I know they will look after him and find him a lovely new home, but I cried all the way home from Bristol

Got home to find several messages (had forgotten to take mobile with me)
and I don't bloody believe it

Have been on to the removal company, booked for next Thursday

Off to book flights now, fly 2 weeks today OMG

Am still keeping everything crossed for all of you, I so hope that you all get the good luck you all deserve so much

Sam
Wow Sam, that is fantastic. At least being busy now will take your mind off your beloved animals. Am so pleased for you.

Thanks Julie - we have told them we are working on our finaces and waiting for some information. (Which IS true.) If things get desperate we will try your idea!

Just had 2 phone calls. First from the holiday flat agent - the viewers yesterday didn't like it. Then I asked her why it wasn't on Rightmove and she said it was. Said she would call me back and hasn't - I can't find it anywhere on there. TBH none of their properties are listed. It is so frustrating as they are technically inept.

The 2nd call was from the private buyer - wants to come round on Sunday. Said still waiting for finance. I believe him when he says this but I'm worried he won't get the finance or will try to reduce the price. Just have to see what happens on Sunday.
Do you know why he wants to come round? I will keep everything crossed for you and don't forget to pray to St. Joe in the morning

Originally Posted by mickagnew
It must be a lucky day as we have EXCHANGED today as well, took us 10 months to sell but now we are there

Good luck to all

Mick
Fantastic Mick, things seem to be moving now

Originally Posted by Off2Oz
I think I'll be next. It's just all very stressful. When will it ever end?

Hope it will be your turn next O2O, will keep praying for it

God he must have been worried. I remember OH having his done and the doc giving him a good feel around there, I thought OH's eyes were going to pop out of his head.

My OH had the feel about too but I think that is normal. Mind you the x-ray can't have been that good considering he must have had the tumour in his chest at that time

Let's hope you don't need the baseball bat.

I did take it but we just drove straight past as he was in and couldn't risk stopping.

I'm off to the Good Food Show tomorrow with my DF so I shall have a whole day where I don't need to be a whinging pom house seller.
Have a great day tomorrow

I just knew Friday the 13th would have some good news.

Would you believe it, we have a viewing tomorrow at 12 and the house is full and like a tip.

So much for the safe house (womens refuge), they can't fit her in and only have single rooms. The next nearest one is Southend which is just too far from us and would make her and kids miserable. They apparently have her 3rd on the waiting list, so lets hope he doesn't get to her first She will stay with us in the meantime but god knows how I am going to cope with this damn dog. He has developed a fetish for the eldest boy who is 5 and I have to keep dragging him off him. Dog is 7 stone and boy is 3 stone! He keeps getting really fruity and humping the life out of him and nibbling at the same time, obviously with passion. Do you get gay dogs??????

She and the kids are staying with a friend of mine for tonight just so that I can get this place organised for tomorrow. I had forgotten how hard it was with littleuns around the whole time.
Old Jun 13th 2008, 7:06 pm
aka bunja

Wow Sam, that is fantastic. At least being busy now will take your mind off your beloved animals. Am so pleased for you.

Do you know why he wants to come round? I will keep everything crossed for you and don't forget to pray to St. Joe in the morning

Fantastic Mick, things seem to be moving now

Have a great day tomorrow

Would you believe it, we have a viewing tomorrow at 12 and the house is full and like a tip.

So much for the safe house (womens refuge), they can't fit her in and only have single rooms. The next nearest one is Southend which is just too far from us and would make her and kids miserable. They apparently have her 3rd on the waiting list, so lets hope he doesn't get to her first. She will stay with us in the meantime but god knows how I am going to cope with this damn dog. He has developed a fetish for the eldest boy who is 5 and I have to keep dragging him off him. Dog is 7 stone and boy is 3 stone! He keeps getting really fruity and humping the life out of him and nibbling at the same time, obviously with passion. Do you get gay dogs??????

She and the kids are staying with a friend of mine for tonight just so that I can get this place organised for tomorrow. I had forgotten how hard it was with littleuns around the whole time.
I thought these places could take on anyone at any time. Obviously not.

Littleuns certainly are hard work.

Let's hope it works out for your niece. Bless her.
Old Jun 13th 2008, 7:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

suart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to all

Wow been out all day and loads has happened.

Congratulations to smmy and mickagnew on the exchanges, looks like friday the 13th is luck for some.

Goos luck with the viewings tomorrow, lets have a bidding war
Old Jun 13th 2008, 7:19 pm

nickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of light

I thought these places could take on anyone at any time. Obviously not.

Littleuns certainly are hard work.

Let's hope it works out for your niece. Bless her.
We thought so too but they said at first that it would be the next day and then rang to say it would be today, we then waited and eventually rang them to be told that the only rooms they had were singles, but with a 5 & 4 year old that is not an option. They then said she is 3rd on the list but what if she needed it now? Luckily we are here and so far he hasn't caused much trouble because she is keeping him sort of sweet and letting him believe that she could be going back but once he knows she isn't, that is when the fireworks will start. Trouble is how long can she keep him from realising she isn't going back? That is why we can't be seen taking more clothes and kids bits.

I didn't even know all this was going on, he has punched and head butted her amongst other things. Why do people stay in that situation?
Old Jun 13th 2008, 7:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

So much for the safe house (womens refuge), they can't fit her in and only have single rooms. The next nearest one is Southend which is just too far from us and would make her and kids miserable. They apparently have her 3rd on the waiting list, so lets hope he doesn't get to her first She will stay with us in the meantime but god knows how I am going to cope with this damn dog. He has developed a fetish for the eldest boy who is 5 and I have to keep dragging him off him. Dog is 7 stone and boy is 3 stone! He keeps getting really fruity and humping the life out of him and nibbling at the same time, obviously with passion. Do you get gay dogs??????

You are just going to have to be tough with the dog- squirt it each time it goes to hump, or shut it out: the kids have been thru enough- as someone who was humped by the dentist's dog whilst at his house playing with his son (I was 9) it has left an indelible scar: consequently I am afraid/hate most dogs. Don't let it happen to the kids.
Caroline
Old Jun 14th 2008, 4:47 am
BE Enthusiast

mOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud of

woheyyyy a viewing!!!! good luck with that

but ouch re the safehouse - just good that you are around for her!
i like the idea of a small squirting pistol - might teach the dog?!?
Old Jun 14th 2008, 6:46 am
Forum Regular

angiek is a name known to allangiek is a name known to allangiek is a name known to allangiek is a name known to allangiek is a name known to allangiek is a name known to allangiek is a name known to allangiek is a name known to allangiek is a name known to allangiek is a name known to allangiek is a name known to all

Well I want a moan

As you know I landed back in uk from perth on monday

what can I say soon as I arrived back britain is a shithole compared to oz

perth was so clean, tidy & food fab!!

Beaches were well what can I say, on tuesday we went for walk down porthcawl our seaside place (just a dump) no blue sea's!!

Well we dropped our house another 5k so far we dropped 36k

I am so depressed even going to sack one of my ea agents could'nt bring my self to do it, he said that market will pick up in 2 years WTHF. can' wait two years.

any advise out there.

angiek so depressed.
Old Jun 14th 2008, 7:10 am
Just Joined

capo is a jewel in the roughcapo is a jewel in the roughcapo is a jewel in the roughcapo is a jewel in the rough

Nice going Sam and Mick.

Really pleased for you both. Also helped lift my own spirits a bit to hear of two successful exchanges going through from this thread on the same day.
Old Jun 14th 2008, 7:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Morning all,

I think I'll be next. It's just all very stressful. When will it ever end?::

Stay strong Janine. It will happen for you. I have evrything crossed.

God he must have been worried. I remember OH having his done and the doc giving him a good feel around there, I thought OH's eyes were going to pop out of his head

PMSL, makes a change for the bloke to suffer the indignity that us women have to go through.

Hope you have had some results today FA.:

Thanks - as you know they were partial

Well so much for Friday 13th being a good omen. I've heard diddly squat. Oh well, let's hope tomorrow is more promising.

It's better than bad news I suppose....

Have a good day and forget all about house selling.

Can you not speak to your old solicitor anyway and ask for some advice?

Good idea - I have her home number as she isn't working at the moment... bit of a cheek though.

Any news from you, Ic? When do you go on your validation trip?
Not long now - July Ic??

Thanks hun - I I agree, but I would, wouldnt I?

Wants to have another look at the garden etc in relation to his. I think they have a plan to merge it with theirs. Promising.... The only fly in the ointment is now I have to clean the house again. I will definately be praying!

YAY!! Fantastic news Nicky!!! Fingers crossed that they like it.

Hope they get a place soon. I thought they always had room for everyone too. I suppose there are health and safety issues with overcrowding. They are fantastic organisations though. I give all my baby stuff and toys etc to them.

Hope the viewing goes well. At least if they are with a friend then the ex won't know where she is either.

We thought so too but they said at first that it would be the next day and then rang to say it would be today, we then waited and eventually rang them to be told that the only rooms they had were singles, but with a 5 & 4 year old that is not an option. They then said she is 3rd on the list but what if she needed it now? Luckily we are here and so far he hasn't caused much trouble because she is keeping him sort of sweet and letting him believe that she could be going back but once he knows she isn't, that is when the fireworks will start. Trouble is how long can she keep him from realising she isn't going back? That is why we can't be seen taking more clothes and kids bits.

I didn't even know all this was going on, he has punched and head butted her amongst other things. Why do people stay in that situation?
The poor girl. She must have felt powerless. She hasn't stayed with him though - she's got out. She's been brave and sensible. These men know how to manipulate their partners to stay. Did you say the kids arent his? Even better he can not have access etc. Hoping that he will get the message quickly. Can you take her to Oz with you in October???? Even if it is just on an ETA?

You are just going to have to be tough with the dog- squirt it each time it goes to hump, or shut it out: the kids have been thru enough- as someone who was humped by the dentist's dog whilst at his house playing with his son (I was 9) it has left an indelible scar: consequently I am afraid/hate most dogs. Don't let it happen to the kids.:
Caroline
Good idea - that or something else he doesn't like - hairdryer, hoover etc.

Originally Posted by mOZzy
woheyyyy a viewing!!!! good luck with that :

but ouch re the safehouse - just good that you are around for her!
i like the idea of a small squirting pistol - might teach the dog?!?
Morning Mozz - you're up early again.

Originally Posted by angiek
Well I want a moan

As you know I landed back in uk from perth on monday

what can I say soon as I arrived back britain is a shithole compared to oz

perth was so clean, tidy & food fab!!

Beaches were well what can I say, on tuesday we went for walk down porthcawl our seaside place (just a dump) no blue sea's!!

Well we dropped our house another 5k so far we dropped 36k

I am so depressed even going to sack one of my ea agents could'nt bring my self to do it, he said that market will pick up in 2 years WTHF. can' wait two years.

any advise out there.

angiek so depressed.
Hi Angie. Sounds like you had a fab time. At least you kow you are making the right decision to go now. Must be driving you mad that the house is holding you back. £36K - that's a lot to lose. At least house prices are dropping in perth too. The only other thing I can think of is if you could offer a gifted deposit??? Lots of FTBs are struggling to raise the bigger deposits needed.

I bet you could have decked the EA when he said 2 years. I think he's right, but it doesnt help us does it?? Any chance of remortgaging to Buy to let and renting it out??? Then selling in 2 years.

Sorry I'm not much help - I feel your pain.

Well, I was up at 4.15 this morning worrying... I wish this would all be sorted and we could exchange with the private buyer. I have come up with some ideas which I will put to him tomorrow. See if we can get things moving.

Good luck to everyone today.
Old Jun 14th 2008, 7:32 am
BE Forum Addict

steveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to behold

Hi Nicky

I have PM you xxx

Good luck with the viewing fingers crossed x

Don't know about gay dogs think they had one in south park, But I have gay cats they are always trying it on with each other

Fly good luck with the man tomorrow.

and good luck everyone else hope we get lots of offers this weekend xxx

Last edited by steveandtina; Jun 14th 2008 at 7:35 am. Reason: miss off the last of my post!
Old Jun 14th 2008, 8:15 am

You are just going to have to be tough with the dog- squirt it each time it goes to hump, or shut it out: the kids have been thru enough- as someone who was humped by the dentist's dog whilst at his house playing with his son (I was 9) it has left an indelible scar: consequently I am afraid/hate most dogs. Don't let it happen to the kids.
Caroline
Hi Caroline - The kids are totally oblivious to anything that is going on and have not been through anything as yet. They think they are on holiday with Auntie Nicky and they are loving it.

The dog is a problem but not that bad as the kids are used to dogs and have one themselves. He is not scared of him but because of his size I don't want him to get hurt unintentionally. He is shut out a lot of the time because of it.

Morning all - good luck to everyone for the weekend
Old Jun 14th 2008, 9:11 am
Forum Regular

karlphillips is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Caroline - The kids are totally oblivious to anything that is going on and have not been through anything as yet. They think they are on holiday with Auntie Nicky and they are loving it.

The dog is a problem but not that bad as the kids are used to dogs and have one themselves. He is not scared of him but because of his size I don't want him to get hurt unintentionally. He is shut out a lot of the time because of it.

Morning all - good luck to everyone for the weekend
Glad to hear the kids are ok. Hope things sort themselves out for you all.
Caroline -p.s. got myself and avatar- my new ambition in life!!!
Old Jun 14th 2008, 9:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by karlphillips
Glad to hear the kids are ok. Hope things sort themselves out for you all.
Caroline -p.s. got myself and avatar- my new ambition in life!!!
Hi, where is Caroline and what have you done with her Karl??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.