Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

the whinging pom , bars open

the whinging pom , bars open

Old Aug 24th 2007, 8:27 am

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: the whinging pom , bars open

Originally Posted by penky
yes you are!!!
true so I get all the fun

an if you are honest we don't need anyone to lead us astray cos we merrily dance off that way ourselves
Old Aug 24th 2007, 8:28 am

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sheff_Sparky
tell you what though, one of us HAS to open a real bar called The Whinging Poms best name i've seen for a while.

since Abrakebabra for kebab shop.
thank you very much
Old Aug 24th 2007, 8:29 am

Sheff_Sparky is an unknown quantity at this point

mayb we could when we get out there, set up our own business and quit all our hated jobs!!
nice idea but i dont have the guts to turff out aston and scott at closing time after they have drunk us dry.
Old Aug 24th 2007, 8:30 am

mayb we could when we get out there, set up our own business and quit all our hated jobs!!
hey what job do you do Hayley?

I actually love my job I wouldn't choose to do any other
Old Aug 24th 2007, 8:31 am

nice idea but i dont have the guts to turff out aston and scott at closing time after they have drunk us dry.
Oh I could do that easily
Old Aug 24th 2007, 8:31 am
Up Around the Bend

penky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond repute

sure, we can just put some blankets on them and they can sleep it off in the bar , then they can open up in the morn
Old Aug 24th 2007, 8:32 am

Originally Posted by asher

may sound daft, but i can't work. Can't afford the childcare £120 per child per day ( and one of them is at school!)

so i am at college instead studying book keeping going on to accounts - if i'm lucky.

you?
Old Aug 24th 2007, 8:35 am
Up Around the Bend

penky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond repute

I would happily do mine forever if I never had to deal with a violent abusive obnoxious patient again ,
one of my friends at work whos like 5 foot high and a lovely person, was pinned against the wall by her throat and punched repeatedly in the chest the other day at work, could have been any of us, was just her bad luck it was her that got it
Old Aug 24th 2007, 8:36 am

may sound daft, but i can't work. Can't afford the childcare £120 per child per day ( and one of them is at school!)

so i am at college instead studying book keeping going on to accounts - if i'm lucky.

you?
no have been there myself, luckily with nursing you can kill yourself and work weekend nights and have little family life so that you dont need to pay for childcare.

not altogether sure its worth it though.

Good luck with the book keeping I hope it goes well for you
Old Aug 24th 2007, 8:37 am

I would happily do mine forever if I never had to deal with a violent abusive obnoxious patient again ,
one of my friends at work whos like 5 foot high and a lovely person, was pinned against the wall by her throat and punched repeatedly in the chest the other day at work, could have been any of us, was just her bad luck it was her that got it
flippin eck i couldn't do your jobs you all need a medal for what you do never mind what you have to put up with. total respect for all of you.
Old Aug 24th 2007, 8:41 am

yes i was thumped a few years ago got whiplash and a fractured skull

these things are not nice but mine was cos the bloke was hypoxic not his fault
Old Aug 24th 2007, 8:43 am
Up Around the Bend

flippin eck i couldn't do your jobs you all need a medal for what you do never mind what you have to put up with. total respect for all of you.
thankz babe

omg ash thats horrific!! take it your alright now?

mm, nearly all the violence that happens at my work ie patients/relatives beating up staff is drink related or just badness not coz they are ill
Old Aug 24th 2007, 8:44 am

there is still no need for it. don't you have anyone to look out for you all, or do you just grin and bear it?
Old Aug 24th 2007, 8:46 am
Up Around the Bend

there is still no need for it. don't you have anyone to look out for you all, or do you just grin and bear it?

yes we have security guards that stand and watch us getting punched coz its their job to "protect the hospital and not the staff"!!! I kid you not!

altho, I have to say, we ve got one good security guy, and he does look out for us , when he's on we know we re alright
Old Aug 24th 2007, 8:48 am

yes we have security guards that stand and watch us getting punched coz its their job to "protect the hospital and not the staff"!!! I kid you not!

altho, I have to say, we ve got one good security guy, and he does look out for us , when he's on we know we re alright
what do you mean "protect the hospital?" it's bricks and mortar ffs.:curse:

i swear no one in this world has their priorities straight.

At least you can rely on one person. but still.....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.