Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

whingers and whiners

whingers and whiners

Old Jun 5th 2010, 2:25 pm
ABCDiamond

Default whingers and whiners

I don't know if it is because the internet has given them a voice, whether we go out of our way to ask their opinions or whether they are just getting louder, but whingers and whiners seem to dominate our national forums.

The Sunday Mail (Qld) June 06, 2010
http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/o...-1225875779626

Old Jun 5th 2010, 2:46 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: whingers and whiners

Imported too many from the Yookay. Bitter fence jumpers who will never be satisfied, no matter where they live and how much they earn.
Old Jun 5th 2010, 3:51 pm
Devil's Advocate

EvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hutch
Imported too many from the Yookay. Bitter fence jumpers who will never be satisfied, no matter where they live and how much they earn.
Yep if you're unhappy in the Uk you'll be unhappy here. Simple
Old Jun 5th 2010, 9:25 pm
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: whingers and whiners

Originally Posted by EvannTel
100% agree.

I've said it before and like an old codger sitting in the corner of the pub, I'll say it again.

People who whinge and moan about the UK, and move to Australia because they don't like the UK are the first to whinge and moan about Australia and the first to get on a plane back to the UK because they don't like Australia.

Whereas people who enjoyed their lives in the UK (and there are lots of us on this forum) and came to Australia because of the positives about Australia, rather than the negatives of the UK, seem to be enjoying our lives here too.

BB
Old Jun 5th 2010, 9:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

POW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee
100% agree.

I've said it before and like an old codger sitting in the corner of the pub, I'll say it again.

People who whinge and moan about the UK, and move to Australia because they don't like the UK are the first to whinge and moan about Australia and the first to get on a plane back to the UK because they don't like Australia.

Whereas people who enjoyed their lives in the UK (and there are lots of us on this forum) and came to Australia because of the positives about Australia, rather than the negatives of the UK, seem to be enjoying our lives here too.

BB
I couldnt agree more, I for one love being British and loved living in the UK. I would never have moved but my circumsatances changed - I moved here as I met my wife (she is an Australian) and settled down. I love the place. Dont have any plans of returning to the UK.

Barney
Old Jun 5th 2010, 11:04 pm
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
I don't know if it is because the internet has given them a voice, whether we go out of our way to ask their opinions or whether they are just getting louder, but whingers and whiners seem to dominate our national forums.

Don't know about full of "whingers and whiners". Based on the first few posts in here it seems to be full of self congratulatory back slappers.
Old Jun 6th 2010, 2:56 am
Forum Regular

billabongbunyip is a name known to allbillabongbunyip is a name known to allbillabongbunyip is a name known to allbillabongbunyip is a name known to allbillabongbunyip is a name known to allbillabongbunyip is a name known to allbillabongbunyip is a name known to allbillabongbunyip is a name known to allbillabongbunyip is a name known to allbillabongbunyip is a name known to allbillabongbunyip is a name known to all

Not quite.

I was unhappy in the Uk, but I am very happy here.

But for most people that would be the case.
Old Jun 6th 2010, 5:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Officer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
Don't know about full of "whingers and whiners". Based on the first few posts in here it seems to be full of self congratulatory back slappers.
Nice one.
Old Jun 6th 2010, 5:45 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by billabongbunyip
Not quite.

I was unhappy in the Uk, but I am very happy here.

But for most people that would be the case.
Similar story here, I was happy in the U.K I'm happy here. Deb on the other hand had suffered SAD in the U.K & has been much happier here Win win for us
Old Jun 6th 2010, 8:39 am
BE Forum Addict

pproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud of

Think it's hard for ordinary people not to have a moan when they are telling you not to ask for payrises or cocking your pay up then putting the price of everything up. Petrol is bucking this trend at the moment and on the way down. But similar has happened in UK in the past.

I was happy in the UK and am happy here in general and I still think it's a great country to live in with lots of opportunities. For that reason I'd rather move my family and friends here than go back to the UK but as that's not an option I've chose to stay here and move on enjoying life.

Last edited by pproehann; Jun 6th 2010 at 8:42 am.
Old Jun 6th 2010, 11:00 am
BE Enthusiast

kevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond repute

Simply bollocks! I love living in Scotland , I was extremely unhappy in Australia. My experiences only.
Is this the thread for the delusional statisticians who can't afford to go back?
Forget the replies about current exchange rates.The OP is a hilariously deluded man and Mr Hutch the angry young man of Australia - a purveyor of 1980 s style petulance.
Australia is like re living the 80's in Britain.
Old Jun 6th 2010, 11:12 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by kevin747
Simply bollocks! I love living in Scotland , I was extremely unhappy in Australia. My experiences only.
Is this the thread for the delusional statisticians who can't afford to go back?
Forget the replies about current exchange rates.The OP is a hilariously deluded man and Mr Hutch the angry young man of Australia - a purveyor of 1980 s style petulance.
Australia is like re living the 80's in Britain.
But you weren't unhappy in the UK, so how can you know ?

I think you have read things wrong.. deluded ?? Seams you are a tad ... what's the right word ....

Old Jun 6th 2010, 11:14 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

I think you have read things wrong.. deluded ?? Seams you are a tad ... what's the right word ....
He's a plonker
Old Jun 6th 2010, 11:20 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

I was OK in the UK but have a better life here.

What really gets on my tits is when people say that anyone that loves Australia is a Godzoner, or has rose tints on, yet if we say they have reverse rose tints on for loving the UK they dont like it.

I dont and never have had rose tints on, I prefer where I live now - still get people sickness which is awful but thats the price to pay.
Old Jun 6th 2010, 11:22 am
BE Enthusiast

kevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond repute

Realistic.
Or to be more exact smarter than you ,the student politician and the Irish comedian's straight man.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.