British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Barbie (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/)
-   -   Where would you live? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/where-would-you-live-532202/)

Want2Move Apr 25th 2008 9:32 pm

Where would you live?
 
If you have the choice to live permanently in the following countries, which one would be your no. 1 choice and why? There are no criteria to follow.

Australia
Canada
New Zealand
USA

Timber Floor Au Apr 25th 2008 10:23 pm

Re: Where would you live?
 
Well I would guess asking this on an Aussie Forum ( this part anyway ) you may get biased answers.

Im aware that migration to Canada from uk is very protracted.

For some reason New Zealand, always comes in 2nd place. To Australia, I havent been so know not why.

USA is well ... nice place to visit, but sit still for too long and you either get raped, mugged, shot, or eaten by some fat bastard in a Macdonals queue.

Ste

22B Apr 25th 2008 10:36 pm

Re: Where would you live?
 
I'd live in the place where we have a good income, a decent standard of living, a nice house+neighbourhood, my child isn't a minority at school, and there is good access to the great outdoors, and my family is happy and healthy.

So I guess I'm saying it's not the country per se, it's the geo-socio-economic circs at any particular location and period of time.

stuckinblighty Apr 25th 2008 10:38 pm

Re: Where would you live?
 

Originally Posted by Want2Move (Post 6266442)
If you have the choice to live permanently in the following countries, which one would be your no. 1 choice and why? There are no criteria to follow.

Australia
Canada
New Zealand
USA

belgium ?

Icarus Apr 25th 2008 10:44 pm

Re: Where would you live?
 

Originally Posted by stuckinblighty (Post 6266702)
belgium ?

heck , i've been there & its not all its cracked up to be

stuckinblighty Apr 25th 2008 10:46 pm

Re: Where would you live?
 

Originally Posted by Icarus (Post 6266730)
heck , i've been there & its not all its cracked up to be

ive been to holland...thats pretty close

Icarus Apr 25th 2008 10:47 pm

Re: Where would you live?
 

Originally Posted by stuckinblighty (Post 6266739)
ive been to holland...thats pretty close

so is france ...........

stuckinblighty Apr 25th 2008 10:49 pm

Re: Where would you live?
 

Originally Posted by Icarus (Post 6266751)
so is france ...........

been there too...full of tourists

Icarus Apr 25th 2008 10:49 pm

Re: Where would you live?
 

Originally Posted by stuckinblighty (Post 6266757)
been there too...full of tourists

and frenchies

Want2Move Apr 27th 2008 2:32 am

Re: Where would you live?
 

Originally Posted by Timber Floor Au (Post 6266632)
USA is well ... nice place to visit, but sit still for too long and you either get raped, mugged, shot, or eaten by some fat bastard in a Macdonals queue.

Ste

That was very funny and most of the things you listed are true too.

Want2Move Apr 27th 2008 2:38 am

Re: Where would you live?
 

Originally Posted by 22B (Post 6266690)
I'd live in the place where we have a good income, a decent standard of living, a nice house+neighbourhood, my child isn't a minority at school, and there is good access to the great outdoors, and my family is happy and healthy.

So I guess I'm saying it's not the country per se, it's the geo-socio-economic circs at any particular location and period of time.

You are absolutely right and that is the kind of place I am trying to find. I am looking for a place where I can make a decent salary and we can have a decent living standard and people would not look at us differently because we are not white or black and we have accents when we speak English. Thanks.

Cheetah7 Apr 27th 2008 3:10 am

Re: Where would you live?
 
If I had the finances to do so, I would like to spend 6 months in Namibia (voluntary work on safari) and 6 months in Australia.

:)

Timber Floor Au Apr 27th 2008 3:11 am

Re: Where would you live?
 
Funnily enough.. and orf topic.. watched the film, The Fastest Indian the other night.... reminds me of Salt Lake City...

never been tho... lol... set in Bonneville.


Ste

22B Apr 27th 2008 9:00 am

Re: Where would you live?
 

Originally Posted by Professional Princess (Post 6270389)
If I had the finances to do so, I would like to spend 6 months in Namibia (voluntary work on safari) and 6 months in Australia.

:)


I spent 3 months in Namibia (as an over-25 staff volunteer) with this lot www.raleighinternational.org not sure if they still go to Namibia, but worth a look

22B Apr 27th 2008 9:02 am

Re: Where would you live?
 

Originally Posted by Want2Move (Post 6270342)
You are absolutely right and that is the kind of place I am trying to find. I am looking for a place where I can make a decent salary and we can have a decent living standard and people would not look at us differently because we are not white or black and we have accents when we speak English. Thanks.


We seem to have found it in a small town in the Upper North Shore, about 35kms out of Sydney.

PM me if you want more info.....


All times are GMT. The time now is 2:36 pm.

Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.