Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Where to stay for holiday on way back from UK

Wikiposts

Where to stay for holiday on way back from UK

Old Jan 24th 2006, 7:22 pm
Short Term Holiday Rental

cedar cottage has a spectacular aura aboutcedar cottage has a spectacular aura aboutcedar cottage has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Where to stay for holiday on way back from UK

Originally Posted by ljj
Sounds perfect, do you know tigers are my absolute favourite animal! Are they genuine rescued tigers or is a tourist-y thing? you hear about how badly some animals are treated in these 'independant zoo's'

If you can find out the info for me I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

Louise
It is genuine, giving me goosebumps thinking about it...Not touristy at all. The monks purely live by donation and they dont kill anything so the tigers eat canned dog food. It has been only open to the public for a couple of years, when we were there Nov. 2004 we got there about 1pm to avoid the rush, there is nothing there except the tigers and other animals roaming free and the monks. It is an amazing place, apparently the temple they have there is awesome, but we were only interested in the tigers. They are rescue animals from poachers in Burma over the border, and they are huge, they do have cubs as well but no one was allowed contact as they had one get sick and die from human bacteria. The wierd thing about the whole trip was we booked it at about June,2004(just after seeing it on Getaway) and we were up at the Death railway museum signing the visitors book when I didnt even know the date as we had been in the UK for 2 months as well,,, believe it or not it was 11/11...(remembrance day for the fallen soldiers) and guess where we were at precisely 11am....going over the river Kwai on the railway built by the Aust, British POW's. You could have knocked me over...Had no idea of the coincidence when we planned it all those months earlier. The day out is anything but 5 star, but the experience is it all....Suzette. Makes me want to get the DVD out and watch it all again.
Old Feb 13th 2006, 3:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

jacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud of

G'Day

We have been to Hawaii, Fiji and Bali and at the mo we are in Langkawi, Malaysia and would def recommend it as our fav! We have a beachfront accommodation (and I mean literally on the beach!). For 16 pounds a nite. We are on our way to aus and have ended up staying here for a month, doh! The hotel is the AB Hotel, u cant go wrong.

The Spinkways
Old Feb 13th 2006, 11:50 pm
Forum Regular

pazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to all

Hi Louise,

I'm not much help here, but i think i can rule one place out for you. We've recently had a stopover in Kuala Lumpa. It looks lovely at night with everything all lit up..... but when you're walking around in the daylight, it's a s***hole. It stinks of sewerage too, right next to where people sit eating

UB40 definitely sang about this place when they wrote:

.................. you look better in the dark

There's beautiful places out there, sure you'll find one.

Steve.