Wikiposts

where to go today

Old Feb 18th 2006, 8:45 am
Going for a ride

furkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond repute
Default where to go today

Hopefully theres somebody in OZ out of bed, and reading this post !!!

I have got a sort of "day off" on my reccie here in melbourne, so I wanted to go somewhere within about 2 hours drive, where I can hopefully see a lot of Australia´s wildlife, and be able to take plenty of photo´s to send back by mail to the kids at home.

Anybody got any good idea´s ?
Old Feb 18th 2006, 9:42 am
Going for a ride

furkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: where to go today

nobody ?

or is everybody in Oz still asleep ?

Old Feb 18th 2006, 9:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by furkew
nobody ?

or is everybody in Oz still asleep ?

Probably, Its Sunday

You're still on UK time aintcha
Old Feb 18th 2006, 9:44 am

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

its only 8am-ish for goodness' sake!!

...or dont they have a sunday lie-in in aus???

im sure someone will be along shortly with a barrage of answers...and you wont know what to do with yourself!!!
hows the weather? they forecast very cold weather for the uk in the coming couple of days...so count yer blessings you are somewhere warm!!

Old Feb 18th 2006, 9:53 am
BE Forum Addict

HiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond repute

How about Healesville Sanctuary (60kms) - would be great if you want pics of Aussie animals to send the kids.

Or Kinglake NP, and Yarra Valley? Beautiful scenery at Kinglake, might spot the odd wombat or echidna. Vineyards at Yarra Valley will be lush and green - grape harvesting, etc (not to mention a spot of wine tasting )

Old Feb 18th 2006, 5:37 pm
Going for a ride

Originally Posted by HiddenPaw
How about Healesville Sanctuary (60kms) - would be great if you want pics of Aussie animals to send the kids.

Or Kinglake NP, and Yarra Valley? Beautiful scenery at Kinglake, might spot the odd wombat or echidna. Vineyards at Yarra Valley will be lush and green - grape harvesting, etc (not to mention a spot of wine tasting )

Hi HP, as it turns out, I couldn't wait for you lazy sods , and decided to take a trip out to the yarra valley, and the yarra range. Stopped at the Healesville sanctuary.

It was absolutely fantastic. I held a python, stroked a wombat & a Wallaby, stood 1 foot away from some enormous pelicans.

I'll post a few pikkies in a little while.

I didn't get chance to go to any vinyards, but its definitely on the agenda.

Need to grab a bite to eat and a cold beer.
Old Feb 18th 2006, 6:05 pm
Going for a ride

Ok. I've had a bite to eat, and the first cold brew has been opened.

Here's a few pictures for those interested.

These are views of the Yarra valley, and the Yarra Range.
Attached Thumbnails where to go today-img_0390.jpg   where to go today-img_0392.jpg   where to go today-img_0394.jpg   where to go today-img_0395.jpg   where to go today-img_0398.jpg  

Old Feb 18th 2006, 6:07 pm
Going for a ride

heres a few of the charachters that I saw today at the sanctuary
Attached Thumbnails where to go today-img_0344.jpg   where to go today-img_0353.jpg   where to go today-img_0366.jpg   where to go today-img_0370.jpg   where to go today-img_0377.jpg  

Old Feb 18th 2006, 6:10 pm
Going for a ride

and a few more.

The first photo is wombat that was asleep on it's back, and you could stroke it's stomach. It's such a shame that the kids are not here, they would have loved it
Attached Thumbnails where to go today-img_0379.jpg   where to go today-img_0380.jpg   where to go today-img_0328.jpg   where to go today-img_0367.jpg   where to go today-img_0318.jpg  

Old Feb 18th 2006, 8:23 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Nice pics Glad you found something while the lazy Melbournites were sleeping in
Old Feb 18th 2006, 8:30 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wmoore
i second that. not enough posters show others there photos. good on ya mate
Old Feb 18th 2006, 8:31 pm
Going for a ride

Originally Posted by wmoore
I must admit, I definitely noticed the difference on the roads. Everyone must have still been sleeping ! That is the one thing about Melbourne that I DO NOT LIKE is the traffic. It is horrendous. I am staying close to the city, so not ideal, but to live here would drive me round the bend !!! (in the centre)

It doesn't help that I keep getting lost. It took me over 1 hour to find my appartment on the second day I was only about 3km away !!

I found it so bad, that I went out and bought sat nav the next day

Lets hope I get my visa, otherwise I might be offering a cheap set of hardly used sat nav on BE
Old Feb 18th 2006, 8:37 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

I must admit, I definitely noticed the difference on the roads. Everyone must have still been sleeping ! That is the one thing about Melbourne that I DO NOT LIKE is the traffic. It is horrendous. I am staying close to the city, so not ideal, but to live here would drive me round the bend !!! (in the centre)

It doesn't help that I keep getting lost. It took me over 1 hour to find my appartment on the second day I was only about 3km away !!

I found it so bad, that I went out and bought sat nav the next day

Lets hope I get my visa, otherwise I might be offering a cheap set of hardly used sat nav on BE
I'm sure you'll get lots of use out of it

When we first came here I kept taking wrong turnings - not getting lost as such but I always seemed to be in the wrong bloody lane and missed my turning. Then I realised that at most major junctions in Brisbane, you could turn right or left from the middle lane so now I just hog that

But I lived a bit out in the sticks in the UK so moving to a city with it's traffic took a bit of getting used to. For the last 6 years, my worst traffic headache was to get stuck behind a tractor The traffic isn't so bad here on the whole but it is unpredictable. My jouney to work could take 25 minutes one day and 80 the next so I've taken to using the toll bridge. $2.40 to pretty much guarantee I get to work on time is well worth it.
Old Feb 18th 2006, 8:37 pm
Going for a ride

Originally Posted by soapy
i second that. not enough posters show others there photos. good on ya mate
thanxs soapy

I think its great for anybody back home to get as much visual info as possible.

Also with digital cameras it's so easy.

I've been here 5 days and taken about 125 photo's.

Im keeping a website at the moment with all my experiences, but i'm having trouble uploading the site, so when I get back to Holland i'll put it online and let everyone know the site adress
Old Feb 18th 2006, 8:39 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

thanxs soapy

I think its great for anybody back home to get as much visual info as possible.

Also with digital cameras it's so easy.

I've been here 5 days and taken about 125 photo's.

Im keeping a website at the moment with all my experiences, but i'm having trouble uploading the site, so when I get back to Holland i'll put it online and let everyone know the site adress
good idea mate
this is the same reason i post photos. i think it gives people a better idea of what u are doing rather than seeing the same old pics of Oz in mags

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.