Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Where to buy a Investment Property?

Where to buy a Investment Property?

Old Nov 23rd 2009, 4:33 am
BE Enthusiast

sue&bob is just really nicesue&bob is just really nicesue&bob is just really nicesue&bob is just really nicesue&bob is just really nicesue&bob is just really nicesue&bob is just really nicesue&bob is just really nicesue&bob is just really nicesue&bob is just really nicesue&bob is just really nice
Default Where to buy a Investment Property?

Hi
We are looking at buying a IP in (Perth)Joondalup,Butler, Quinns,and surrounding areas.
Does anyone have any tips on where it might be easier to rent,as we dont want a empty house..lol..Ive been getting mixed info from the realestate people because all they want to do is sell thier property so its nightmare.
We looked at so many Sunday and now im just confused,We can obviously buy a better house the further north like Quinns Rocks,but do renters want to be nearer Joondalup City,any advice would be good.
Or maybe someone is moving here shortly and looking to rent ,would be interested to know what areas ppl prefer.
Or is it a bad time to buy???
So if anyone can help me out ,or if theres a real estate person on here that would be so helpful.
Old Nov 23rd 2009, 7:23 am
BE Forum Addict

spottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Where to buy a Investment Property?

can't help with your question but it may be worth trying the forums on www.somersoft.com.au as they are quite active and have a where to buy section
Old Nov 23rd 2009, 8:41 am
Forum Regular

upyerfud is a name known to allupyerfud is a name known to allupyerfud is a name known to allupyerfud is a name known to allupyerfud is a name known to allupyerfud is a name known to allupyerfud is a name known to allupyerfud is a name known to allupyerfud is a name known to allupyerfud is a name known to allupyerfud is a name known to all

[QUOTE=sue&bob;8117977]Hi
We are looking at buying a IP in (Perth)Joondalup,Butler, Quinns,and surrounding areas.
Does anyone have any tips on where it might be easier to rent,as we dont want a empty house..lol..Ive been getting mixed info from the realestate people because all they want to do is sell thier property so its nightmare.
We looked at so many Sunday and now im just confused,We can obviously buy a better house the further north like Quinns Rocks,but do renters want to be nearer Joondalup City,any advice would be good.
Or maybe someone is moving here shortly and looking to rent ,would be interested to know what areas ppl prefer.

Probably

So if anyone can help me out ,or if theres a real estate person on here that would be so helpful.
No it would most definitely not be helpful as you said above.

Investment property in Australia at the moment could be translated as negative equity in 2 years time.. Just my opinion, but its free and somewhat impartial. ( Non property owner or a real estate agent obviously).
Old Nov 23rd 2009, 10:44 am
BE Enthusiast

sue&bob is just really nicesue&bob is just really nicesue&bob is just really nicesue&bob is just really nicesue&bob is just really nicesue&bob is just really nicesue&bob is just really nicesue&bob is just really nicesue&bob is just really nicesue&bob is just really nicesue&bob is just really nice

Thanks spottydog,i will check it out
I thought this thread would got more peoples attention with thier ideas on the housing market...lol..
Old Nov 23rd 2009, 12:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

aussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sue&bob
Hi
I would buy in Duncraig, Greenwood, Hamersley - rentals are very wanted in those suburbs and you get a fair bit of land - close to the beach and city too.
Old Nov 24th 2009, 1:01 am
BE Enthusiast

Good idea,i will look into those areas.
We probably wont be buying before Christmas now ,
Old Nov 24th 2009, 10:33 am
BE Forum Addict

Pomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond repute

My guess is that we are in for more interest rate rises, so fewer first time buyers will be about once we are into 2010. So might be an idea to wait a bit and see what happens.
Old Nov 24th 2009, 12:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi
yeah you could be right,but if not we might miss the boat.lol.
Its a tough one ,no one knows.
I think we are going to go for it,we have a few in the Tapping area we are going to view the weekend.
Might be brave and do a deal if we like one..lol..