Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Where to buy contact lenses online

Where to buy contact lenses online

Old Apr 28th 2010, 11:33 pm
happy here :)

PamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to behold
Question Where to buy contact lenses online

I would like to start buying my contact lenses online now I have an up to date Aussie prescription. Google search throws up heaps and I'd really appreciate feedback / recommendations on which sites people have found to be most reliable. Thanks v much
Old Apr 28th 2010, 11:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Daydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really nice
Default Re: Where to buy contact lenses online

I use www.netoptical.com.au they are quite quick to deliver and their price is quite good
Old Apr 28th 2010, 11:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

koalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond repute

I've used eyecontacts.com.au since I arrived and have always been good and cheap!
Old Apr 29th 2010, 12:22 am
Jan4kids

Jan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond repute

I second netoptical
Old Apr 29th 2010, 12:51 am
BE Forum Addict

pproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by PamE
I would like to start buying my contact lenses online now I have an up to date Aussie prescription. Google search throws up heaps and I'd really appreciate feedback / recommendations on which sites people have found to be most reliable. Thanks v much
I used Clearly Contacts for Bausch & Lomb Purevision Toric Monthly day & Night but since changing to Cooper Vision lenses I find Net Optical on the Sunshine Coast cheaper.
Old Apr 29th 2010, 7:55 am
ABCDiamond

http://www.netoptical.com.au AUD payment
or
http://www.aalens.com USD payment

Both very good, pricing varied for me depending on FX rate.

I have some excess Focus Dailies, 90 of each (+6.0) and (+3.5) not sure what to do with them, as my daughter has stopped wearing them.

Old Apr 29th 2010, 11:27 am

PamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
http://www.netoptical.com.au AUD payment
or
http://www.aalens.com USD payment

Both very good, pricing varied for me depending on FX rate.

I have some excess Focus Dailies, 90 of each (+6.0) and (+3.5) not sure what to do with them, as my daughter has stopped wearing them.
Shame they're not my strength or I'd offer to buy them from you

Thanks to everyone for the responses, karma duly sent and I'll be buying my new lenses tomorrow
Old Apr 30th 2010, 2:34 am
BE Enthusiast

Muzza04 has a brilliant futureMuzza04 has a brilliant futureMuzza04 has a brilliant futureMuzza04 has a brilliant futureMuzza04 has a brilliant futureMuzza04 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by PamE
Recommend www.Quicklens.com.au.
Old Apr 30th 2010, 5:13 am
ABCDiamond

Back in August 2009 I did this comparison

Ciba Vision Focus Dailies 90 pack
Priced for 2 boxes to last 3 months for both eyes

$288.00 Shopping centre Optician
$176.10 The online option of a Shopping centre Optician
$130.00 Australian Online Contact lenses supplier (including delivery)

Old Apr 30th 2010, 9:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

pproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
Back in August 2009 I did this comparison
Our Optician didn't believe us we could get them half his price online so he contacted Clearly Contacts realised the price was true and tried to buy them himself as cheaper than the price he paid wholesale only to be told we only sell to the public so go away.
Old May 1st 2010, 3:41 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by pproehann
Our Optician didn't believe us we could get them half his price online so he contacted Clearly Contacts realised the price was true and tried to buy them himself as cheaper than the price he paid wholesale only to be told we only sell to the public so go away.
Comparing to the $288.00 Shopping centre Optician, to the best options, I can actually buy them for about $80/$90

Old May 13th 2010, 2:48 am

Update: ordered from www.netoptcial.com.au on Monday morning and they arrived this morning (Thursday). Communication great. They were the cheapest option from those recommended below for monthly wear Air Optix Aqua x 3 months ($59.90 plus P&P). Also got a great value solutions pack.

For those who follow - I heartily recommend www.netoptical.com.au!
Thanks again to all for the answers to my original post.
Old May 21st 2010, 8:56 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by kellymom
I need to order some disposable contact lenses in a hurry as I've just realised I've run out. I don't have a current contact lense prescription (every website I've checked states that you must have a test that is less than a year old). Can anyone recommend a reliable site that ships to the UK and one where you don't need to put in your optician's details?...
None of the ones I have used have needed the proof, just needed you to confirm that the prescription sizes are correct.

Old May 21st 2010, 9:01 am

Originally Posted by kellymom
I need to order some disposable contact lenses in a hurry as I've just realised I've run out. I don't have a current contact lense prescription (every website I've checked states that you must have a test that is less than a year old). Can anyone recommend a reliable site that ships to the UK and one where you don't need to put in your optician's details?optician | opticians...
I used http://www.getlenses.com/ a lot in UK up until end 2008 & they were reliable and cheap. They did always ask for a prescription tho including optican's contact details. I was surprised that www.netoptical.com.au didn't ask for any proof of prescription - but I think they only post in Australia. Possibly the laws on this are stricter in UK? Sorry can't be of more help!